Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:39:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Junk food consumed in quarantine

Started by Blue Jam, April 29, 2020, 02:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seepage

Quote from: seepage on January 31, 2021, 04:52:01 PM
Christ, Easter's still two months away.

OK, now I'm the guilty one: Aldi Moser Roth Salted Caramel Home Worker Bunnies - very moreish.

Blue Jam

'member salt'n'vinegar and prawn cocktail Quavers?

I have never liked prawn cocktail flavour but I 'member the salt'n'vinegar ones of the 1990's being much nicer than the original cheese ones. Tried the new rebooted version but they just tasted wrong, more like plain Quavers. The absence of cheese was conspicuous, like someone at the factory forgot to add it to a batch. I imagine this is because salt'n'vinegar crisps of the 1990's had enough flavour to take the roof off your mouth, something which just can't be replicated now. 'elf and safety innit?

Head Gardener

Bazooka

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 19, 2021, 03:45:50 PM
'member salt'n'vinegar and prawn cocktail Quavers?

I have never liked prawn cocktail flavour but I 'member the salt'n'vinegar ones of the 1990's being much nicer than the original cheese ones. Tried the new rebooted version but they just tasted wrong, more like plain Quavers. The absence of cheese was conspicuous, like someone at the factory forgot to add it to a batch. I imagine this is because salt'n'vinegar crisps of the 1990's had enough flavour to take the roof off your mouth, something which just can't be replicated now. 'elf and safety innit?

Walkers are limp with flavourings, but get yourself down to the co-op for some Sea Salt and Chardonnay Vinegar big packs, proper acid.

Dex Sawash

Made cinnamon pull-apart last night/this morning. Package of frozen dinner rolls with mix of butter, sugar, pudding mix poured over, left to thaw/rise overnight a d bake in morning.

Sebastian Cobb

Pleasantly surprised with how good these veggie Richmonds are given how shit normal Richmonds are. Probably the best sausages going in Tesco express, which seems to follow the Scottish cornershop tradition of having a terrible selection of link sausages (always Richmond, some pathetically thin and pale things and the weird beef sausages you get by the people who make breakfast packs).

Bazooka

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 04, 2021, 02:09:44 PM
Pleasantly surprised with how good these veggie Richmonds are given how shit normal Richmonds are. Probably the best sausages going in Tesco express, which seems to follow the Scottish cornershop tradition of having a terrible selection of link sausages (always Richmond, some pathetically thin and pale things and the weird beef sausages you get by the people who make breakfast packs).

Go pink slime or go home.

amateur

Quote from: Bazooka on March 02, 2021, 12:00:28 PM
Walkers are limp with flavourings, but get yourself down to the co-op for some Sea Salt and Chardonnay Vinegar big packs, proper acid.

Yes, these are the absolute fuckest uppest for salt and vinegar. I'm also happy to report Discos are back in business, albeit not to their sinus-shredding form of my youth.

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 04, 2021, 02:09:44 PM
I used to be a whore for the Halls Skinless Sausages. Pink matter held together solely by it's own shame.

Get them in the oven till they puff up and fire 4 or 5 of them onto a buttered Morton's roll. Michelin Star material.

Tea for lubrication.

imitationleather

Just had this incredible specimen:

QuoteTriple cheeseburger with Fruit Pig black pudding, Carolina Gold BBQ, beefy onions, Stack Sauce and fixings. Served with a side of beef dripping fries.

Was immense.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Looks like an assembly of stools and bogeys that got dropped in a cistern.

imitationleather

Sometimes that is just what you need.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Three days on the trot I've had a second (and third) bowl of crunchy nut just like those people in the ads and I hate myself

The Mollusk

I ate six Bourbon biscuits after dinner the other night. Was feeling that the next morning I can tell you!

Sebastian Cobb

Got some cream egg ice cream. It's unusual.

Sebastian Cobb

Ferris

Started getting bang into icecream last few months of lockdown. Pint of the good shit every 2 weeks or so is lovely.

On the Ben and Jerry's "the tonight dough" just now, the only downside being jimmy fallon's fucking gurning mug as you get the spoon in.

frajer

Has he... been cloned, miniaturised and inserted into every tub?

Dear god. So preoccupied with whether or not they could, the fools never stopped to think if they should.

Sebastian Cobb

Had dinner a few hours ago but was still hungry so had a 2nd dinner of egg and chips.

canadagoose

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 20, 2021, 11:11:05 PM
Had dinner a few hours ago but was still hungry so had a 2nd dinner of egg and chips.

Nice auld nostalgic dinner, that. Just needs some beans and HP sauce on the side.

I've been getting through a bit of Bombay Mix recently. Cofresh is much better than the awful Asda rubbish. Also been eating some of these India's Magic Masala crisps, which are lovely.

Bazooka

Cofresh are the dogs bollocks,any of the lemon and chilli offerings especially. I don't know about other areas but back in my home town Leicester where the company is based the Cofresh sections are a real show of force.

canadagoose

Quote from: Bazooka on March 21, 2021, 08:31:59 AM
Cofresh are the dogs bollocks,any of the lemon and chilli offerings especially. I don't know about other areas but back in my home town Leicester where the company is based the Cofresh sections are a real show of force.
You get so much for your money too - a nice big bag for just under £1. I honestly can't complain.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: canadagoose on March 21, 2021, 08:23:08 AM
Also been eating some of these India's Magic Masala crisps, which are lovely.

They look tempting,I'll need to keep an eye out, with the lays/blue packaging I'd have dismissed them as cheese and onion.

I like some of the unusual snacks you can get in spice shops. Some do salted banana chips that taste the same as crisps.

The Mollusk

Been fucking demolishing wasabi peas recently. The bridge of my nose has really been suffering for it but I don't care. I honestly think it might be the greatest flavour ever.

seepage

seepage

Aldi have upped their game with their Cheddars rip-offs. They used to have that really nasty cheap cheese powder taste, but I think now they are better than the authentic ones.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: frajer on March 20, 2021, 10:22:04 PM
Has he... been cloned, miniaturised and inserted into every tub?

Dear god. So preoccupied with whether or not they could, the fools never stopped to think if they should.

Is there anything less appetising sounding than "gobs" of cookie dough? Coupled with the Fallon face on the tub, it makes it sound as if it's come pre-masticated from Fallon's own gob. Vile

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on March 21, 2021, 01:12:47 PM
Is there anything less appetising sounding than "gobs" of cookie dough?

2. With small bits of cookie dough

1. Contains no cookie dough

Edit- this is even allowing for gob not really meaning 'expectorate' locally (america)

seepage

It's like in wine tasting notes - "gobs of sweet fruit". Er, no thanks.