Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:44:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Junk food consumed in quarantine

Started by Blue Jam, April 29, 2020, 02:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on April 10, 2021, 05:01:05 PM
The passion fruit [Jaffa Cakes] aren't too bad.

Don't like passion fruit. Can see how it would work with dark chocolate though.

Saw these in Tesco today:

Not tempted but white chocolate in milk? Would you even be able to taste anything? Might be nice on cakes or something though.

DrGreggles

Fuck it, I'm going to have a Nando fest.

Dex Sawash

Going out to look for Hot Tamales Peeps today, just learned they existed. Can't imagine they will be any good but want to try.

Blue Jam

Had a pizza earlier but I made it myself and put healthy stuff on it so it probably doesn't count.

This is one of the mushrooms I put on it:

Dex Sawash

Got the last package of Hot Tamales flavo(u)r Peeps at the Food Lion this afternoon. Not life changing. Should have just got a movie box of Hot Tamales instead.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Kankurette on March 28, 2021, 10:12:09 PM
Lemon drizzle-flavoured chocolate digestives. Lemon and chocolate go surprisingly well together.

Just got some of these reduced to clear for 75p at Saino's. Surprisingly nice, yes.

Ferris

In-laws got us a swish gas bbq as housewarming/xmas present, been eating hotdogs like a lunatic for the last week now the suns out. Just had two there for tea. Mental.

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 10, 2021, 05:05:52 PM

Not tempted but white chocolate in milk? Would you even be able to taste anything? Might be nice on cakes or something though.

Had these. They taste like a decent strawberry milkshake.

bakabaka

We've had a box of these in the cupboard for a couple of weeks or so because, as you guessed, they don't taste of anything. I suspect that if you filled a blender with them and half a pint of milk, you might get a thick shake that tastes of something. Huxleys Babkins obviously got theirs from a different batch if they can taste them.

canadagoose

I have a box of these in the kitchen, and I've not even opened them yet (appetite has been rubbish last couple of weeks[nb]but thanks to metoclopramide, it's returning. It's brilliant, I can stuff my face again[/nb]). I couldn't resist when I saw them.

Recently found out Asda's refrigerated mozzarella sticks are gluten-free (rice and corn breading, I think) - and they're lovely. Also been eating more polenta with God-knows-all-what, and also these, which are basically just tortilla chips but a nice indigo:

Cold Meat Platter

Browsing a local takeaway menu and saw this:

Absolutely love plim, defo getting this.

Cold Meat Platter

Cold Meat Platter

Blue Jam

Having a McVitie's lemon drizzle chocolate digestive as I type. Fair bit o'ginger in these isn't there? Secret weapon. No wonder the flavours all work together so well.

Got some strawberry cheesecake ones to try next. Hope there's a nice bit of soft cheese tartness to them.

seepage

My Friday night Chinese takeaway arrived within 10 minutes of placing the order on Just Eat, and they're at least 5 mins away by bike. Perhaps I got someone else's order or they'd already cooked up some of the most popular dishes ready to go. Gonna lay off prawn balls for a while I think. If they're not perfect, the claggy batter is a real killer unless you've not eaten for a week.

Kankurette

Anyone remember those Walkers restaurant crisps last year? I loved the chilli con carne and katsu chicken ones.

McCoys are doing special spicy crisps. The chorizo ones are fit. McCoys are my crisp guilty pleasure.

iamcoop

Quote from: Kankurette on April 18, 2021, 02:42:18 PM
Anyone remember those Walkers restaurant crisps last year? I loved the chilli con carne and katsu chicken ones.

McCoys are doing special spicy crisps. The chorizo ones are fit. McCoys are my crisp guilty pleasure.

The Thai Sweet Chicken ones are fucking appalling, in the most delicious way. I'm praying they start making multipacks of just that flavour.

Fr.Bigley

Roast chicken and thyme sensations really do live up to their name. I can eat two whole bags in a sitting.

canadagoose

Had the Coco Pops. They're pretty good, but not the strongest strawberry flavour. Still very edible.

Bazooka

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on April 18, 2021, 02:55:05 PM
Roast chicken and thyme sensations really do live up to their name. I can eat two whole bags in a sitting.

Top tier crisp. I purchased these today from The Aldi:

Sensations live up to their name, 'Perfections' do not, they lack powder and dried thyme.

Kankurette

Quote from: iamcoop on April 18, 2021, 02:52:12 PM
The Thai Sweet Chicken ones are fucking appalling, in the most delicious way. I'm praying they start making multipacks of just that flavour.
Thai Sweet Chicken and Oriental Ribs both. I can never find Oriental Ribs anymore, apparently they're Barbecue Ribs now?

ETA: I forgot how much I liked chicken Sensations. Also those poppadom ones.

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Kankurette on April 18, 2021, 09:37:56 PM
Thai Sweet Chicken and Oriental Ribs both. I can never find Oriental Ribs anymore, apparently they're Barbecue Ribs now?

ETA: I forgot how much I liked chicken Sensations. Also those poppadom ones.
The poppadom ones are very dangerous indeed. Must say I'm not a fan of any other Sensation flavours, I find them over flavoured and a bit sickening. See also Doritos.

Been rocking the cheapo salted tortilla chips from Lidl. Very clean flavour with a robust build that always performs flawlessly with dips of any viscosity.

I'm very keen to try those Pickled Onion Mackies, haven't seen them anywhere.

canadagoose

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on April 19, 2021, 10:52:03 AM
The poppadom ones are very dangerous indeed. Must say I'm not a fan of any other Sensation flavours, I find them over flavoured and a bit sickening. See also Doritos.

Been rocking the cheapo salted tortilla chips from Lidl. Very clean flavour with a robust build that always performs flawlessly with dips of any viscosity.

I'm very keen to try those Pickled Onion Mackies, haven't seen them anywhere.
Tortilla chips are so cheap, I don't know how they do it. Asda, Lidl and Aldi do decent ones but Sainsbury's ones taste not so good for some reason. Maybe I got a duff batch.

Edit: yeah, the Coco Pops are very mild. Quite satisfying to eat though.

Blue Jam

Just did a 4K run and then had an orange Calippo. Fucking magic.

JamesTC

These are absolutely incredible. Don't know how common they are but if you can get a pack then I would highly recommend it.

Fr.Bigley

I've been snaffling one of these a week for months, big in my missus' neck of the woods and her folks sent shit loads as she was home sick. This one and the BBQ is awesome. You basically mix it with sour cream, or as they do, quark. Makes the cheapest of tortilla chips seem almost gourmet.

Kankurette

One of my guilty pleasures is Universal Yums, a box of junk food from a different country each month. This month is Spain and I'm currently eating a pack of lemon and black pepper crisps. The sweets from other countries are hit and miss but the crisps? GET IN MY MOUTH. Especially the Greek oregano crisps and the German ketchup potato snacks.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Kankurette on April 23, 2021, 03:22:21 PM
One of my guilty pleasures is Universal Yums, a box of junk food from a different country each month. This month is Spain and I'm currently eating a pack of lemon and black pepper crisps. The sweets from other countries are hit and miss but the crisps? GET IN MY MOUTH.

What a brilliant idea. Had a box from Japan yet? Japanese junk food is all about that savoury stuff. The sweets are disappointing (bar anything matcha-flavoured) but the crisps are amazing. I used to like a brand called "Rich Cut", which judging by their shape was a mistranslation of "ridge cut". Engrish never gets old.