Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,171
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:58:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Junk food consumed in quarantine

Started by Blue Jam, April 29, 2020, 02:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Yes! And the Korean one was pretty good too.

Sebastian Cobb

Just made a load of curried egg mayonnaise.

imitationleather

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 23, 2021, 04:31:37 PM
Just made a load of curried egg mayonnaise.

I think you meant to post this in the Phwoar thread.

Blue Jam

I'm making a curry later. No mayonnaise though, because mayonnaise is the worst thing in the universe.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

anyone had one of these?? Saw an ad on the way out of Asda miles from home, didn't have time to go back in and assumed I'd get it somewhere else but apparently it's just them selling it at the moment. they look bloody lovely!

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Mini cheddars news. The strathdon blue ones are alright. They actually taste like blue cheese whereas iirc the limited edition blue stilton ones they did didn't (haven't had them in a very long time though so I may be wrong). 6.5/10

Ferris

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on April 23, 2021, 09:08:04 PM
Mini cheddars news. The strathdon blue ones are alright. They actually taste like blue cheese whereas iirc the limited edition blue stilton ones they did didn't (haven't had them in a very long time though so I may be wrong). 6.5/10

Why would you make anything taste like blue cheese?

These crisps are the work of a madman. Don't encourage them.

Ferris

Are mini cheddars crisps? They're not biscuits are they. Black sheep of the crackers family maybe?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on April 23, 2021, 09:08:04 PM

They've done a smoky chilli cheese one. Smells like rotten socks and smegma in that way only real scum snacks can.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 23, 2021, 09:16:48 PM
Are mini cheddars crisps? They're not biscuits are they. Black sheep of the crackers family maybe?

They're like ritz biscuits.

Cut a few slices of cheese and pretend they're crackers before just eating them like they're crisps isn't it?

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 23, 2021, 09:42:09 PM
They're like ritz biscuits.

Cut a few slices of cheese and pretend they're crackers before just eating them like they're crisps isn't it?

So they're crackers for dirty old bollocks. I think that was my decision and all.

Bazooka

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 23, 2021, 09:16:48 PM

You should never be allowed back in the UK for saying that, in fact you shouldn't be allowed anywhere in the Commonwealth.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 23, 2021, 09:15:06 PM
Why would you make anything taste like blue cheese?

Because blue cheese is nice

Why do you lot all hate mini cheddars? That's like hating orgasms. Idiots

Kankurette

I like Mini Cheddars. I'll join you in cracker hell.

bgmnts

Is cracker hell like being stuck in N.W.A music video?

canadagoose

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on April 25, 2021, 12:57:13 AM

I'm telling you, blue cheese and ketchup sandwiches. It's the future, I've tasted it.

Kankurette

Quote from: bgmnts on April 25, 2021, 01:17:35 AM
Is cracker hell like being stuck in N.W.A music video?
More like Plain White Ts.

Ferris

Quote from: Bazooka on April 24, 2021, 07:13:17 PM
You should never be allowed back in the UK for saying that, in fact you shouldn't be allowed anywhere in the Commonwealth.

Are they crackers then or what? The big ones are deffo sold as cracker but the regular lads in little bags? Could well be crisp substitutes in my book.

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on April 25, 2021, 12:57:13 AM

Love mini cheddars

Hate the EU blue cheese

Simple as.

Mr Banlon

Fig rolls/Newtons. Getting through a pack a day at the moment.

beanheadmcginty

I've done a bit of research over the years and there is a surprisingly large amount of people who don't know that Mini Cheddars are mini versions of Cheddars, As in, they have no knowledge of the existence of Cheddars. Presumably because they are hidden in the cracker section rather than amongst the crisps. I prefer them though. Significantly greasier. And cheaper.

seepage

I think Aldi Savour Bakes Baked Cheese Thins are very similar and 59p vs. £1.

Bazooka

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 25, 2021, 02:50:41 AM
Are they crackers then or what? The big ones are deffo sold as cracker but the regular lads in little bags? Could well be crisp substitutes in my book.

Savoury Biscuits.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on April 25, 2021, 10:58:46 AM
I've done a bit of research over the years and there is a surprisingly large amount of people who don't know that Mini Cheddars are mini versions of Cheddars, As in, they have no knowledge of the existence of Cheddars. Presumably because they are hidden in the cracker section rather than amongst the crisps. I prefer them though. Significantly greasier. And cheaper.

carrs cheese melts better still

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 23, 2021, 04:58:03 PM
No mayonnaise though, because mayonnaise is the worst thing in the universe.

It's not called the Devils condiment for nothing.

Blue Jam

Used to like Ritz crackers but when I eat them now the added sugar is all I notice. Were they always this sweet, or was the sugar added when the fat content was reduced?

canadagoose

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 25, 2021, 11:46:14 PM
Used to like Ritz crackers but when I eat them now the added sugar is all I notice. Were they always this sweet, or was the sugar added when the fat content was reduced?
Reducing fat but adding sugar seems like such a 90s way to make something "healthier". If I were whoever makes Ritz crackers, I'd be reversing my decision.

I haven't bought them yet but I saw an advert for these seaweed and tapioca snacks and I'm really tempted. I'll give you all an update if I eat them, obviously.

mothman

At home today, and decided I needed a change from my usual 300cal ham salad roll from Greggs. So I had a foot-long multigrain meat feast from Subway. Then spent the afternoon passed out in a carboverloaded coma.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on April 23, 2021, 05:43:52 PM

anyone had one of these?? Saw an ad on the way out of Asda miles from home, didn't have time to go back in and assumed I'd get it somewhere else but apparently it's just them selling it at the moment. they look bloody lovely!

Very Important Update.

Finally tried one of these and it's fucking riddled with rice crispy bits! Suppose with white chocolate being more expensive they kicked out the mini smarties and bulked it up with that rubbish. Terrible.

Blue Jam

Fuck that. This:

Much nicer than that Cadbury's abomination and the strawberry and white chocolate "Coco" Pops. I imagine.

Was in Lidl just now and saw they're having an Italian Week. Picked up some "Buffalo Butter" in a tiny pack for 99p. It's amazing. Not sure it really counts as junk food though.

seepage

How much buffalo butter could a buffalo butter if a buffalo could butter buffalo butter? Or something.