Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:34:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Junk food consumed in quarantine

Started by Blue Jam, April 29, 2020, 02:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Kankurette

Chorizo McCoys. Mmm, spicy. Also had a takeaway pizza and croquettes as a birthday treat on Friday, there's this lovely pizza place near me called Proove that also does some fine arancini. I went out into Cambridge with my parents for my birthday and we found this Italian place that did arancini with spinach and bechamel sauce and holy fuck it was delicious.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Kankurette on May 02, 2021, 02:05:03 PM
I went out into Cambridge with my parents for my birthday and we found this Italian place that did arancini with spinach and bechamel sauce and holy fuck it was delicious.

?

Kankurette

Fr.Bigley

Sounds a bit gay. I hope it came with limoncello.

Chollis

Papa John's or Dominoes? Very limited with pizza options round my way. They're both basically the same aren't they

canadagoose

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 30, 2021, 04:49:57 PM
Fuck that. This:
Much nicer than that Cadbury's abomination and the strawberry and white chocolate "Coco" Pops. I imagine.

Was in Lidl just now and saw they're having an Italian Week. Picked up some "Buffalo Butter" in a tiny pack for 99p. It's amazing. Not sure it really counts as junk food though.
Oh God I'm going to have to brave the Lidl near here aren't I? It's always hellishly busy but it might be worth it if that butter is good.

chveik

Quote from: Chollis on May 03, 2021, 07:02:49 PM
Papa John's or Dominoes? Very limited with pizza options round my way. They're both basically the same aren't they

have a nice PIZZA KEBAB BURGER

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Space Raider Pickled Onion Flavour Potato Shapes

Cuntbeaks

Finally tried the Pickled Onion Mackies.

Nice enough flavour but too safe, the roof of my mouth remains intact.

Bazooka

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on May 08, 2021, 03:25:07 PM
Finally tried the Pickled Onion Mackies.

Nice enough flavour but too safe, the roof of my mouth remains intact.

Again proves my theory that they are flooding England with half arsed seasoning, saving it for themselves as an act of defiance.

Kankurette

Which one of you recommended Pineapple Jaffa Cakes? I bought some and while I prefer the lime ones, these arent bad either. Saw Trios on sale, thought of this thread.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Kankurette on May 09, 2021, 06:57:39 AM
Which one of you recommended Pineapple Jaffa Cakes? I bought some and while I prefer the lime ones, these arent bad either.

That was me, probably. When were the lime ones about? I must have missed those.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 30, 2021, 04:49:57 PM
Was in Lidl just now and saw they're having an Italian Week.

Are they ever not having an Italian Week?

The quality of pizza is probably about the same, but Papa John's are evil Trump supporting pizza. I'm not saying Domino's aren't, but I don't know that they are.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on May 10, 2021, 01:25:03 PM
Are they ever not having an Italian Week?

My local one is having a Spanish Week now. Got some nice ham and some proper little Spanish breadsticks.

Think they do German Weeks quite often too, lots of nice Black Forest ham and nasty pickled things.

Quote from: Kankurette on May 09, 2021, 06:57:39 AM
Which one of you recommended Pineapple Jaffa Cakes? I bought some and while I prefer the lime ones, these arent bad either. Saw Trios on sale, thought of this thread.

Check out this square! Get with the programme, they're on passion fruit Jaffa Cakes now!

Blue Jam

"Raspberry Donut" flavour Muller Light. Not sure that counts as junk food, being low fat and low calorie and all, in any case nice enough but a bit too artificially sweetened, bog standard raspberry Muller Light is nicer.

Sebastian Cobb

After really rating the Chicken Wing Doritos Stax I decided to have a go on the Sour Cream and Onion ones, tube of shite.

DrGreggles

Papa John's is pretty bad, but Domino's is worse.
Whatever your local non-chain does will be better.

I might have my first takeaway pizza in over a year this weekend.
Been getting cravings recently.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 10, 2021, 07:59:10 PM
"Raspberry Donut" flavour Muller Light. Not sure that counts as junk food, being low fat and low calorie and all, in any case nice enough but a bit too artificially sweetened, bog standard raspberry Muller Light is nicer.

Concerns me that I read this as Miller Light and thought 'oh that sounds interesting'.

canadagoose

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 10, 2021, 10:10:22 PM
Papa John's is pretty bad, but Domino's is worse.
Whatever your local non-chain does will be better.

There was a takeaway in Aberdeen, can't remember the name but I think it's defunct, that did the worst bloody takeaway pizzas ever. They were so stingy with the pizza sauce, and one side of the pizza was usually burnt to buggery. Anyway, Domino's is better than that.

Blue Jam

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 10, 2021, 10:28:23 PM
Concerns me that I read this as Miller Light and thought 'oh that sounds interesting'.

I did once have a jam donut flavoured beer which was lovely. Think it was this one:

https://mybeerdealer.com.au/products/dainton-brewery-glazed-confused-jam-donut-neipa-ml?variant=39425189511230

RIP BEERS thread

bgmnts

TinyRebel did a jam flavoured beer I think and it wasn't actually that bad.

seepage

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 10, 2021, 10:10:22 PM

Ordered my first takeaway pizza in a long time the other day, from an independent. Went for a Four Cheese. Don't know if business had been slow but they seemed to have dumped a week's worth of leftover formaggi onto the one pizza, and it burst out of the box like a Dr Who monster. Due to the Gorgonzola I couldn't guess the state the rest might have been in before it went in the oven. Sorry, don't mean to put you off.   

DrGreggles

Sebastian Cobb

Picked up a multipack of these:

not only are they being stingy and using shrinkage to maintain price-parity with a 6 pack of the 'big three' flavours, they also taste weird. Yeah sure, they do taste of chicken tikka masala, sort of, but they also have a cucumbery aftertaste to them.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I thought I'd tried a lasagne flavoured craft IPA recently, but then I woke up and it turned out to be a dream. Unfortunately I can't remember if it tasted nice or not cause I'm not very good at remembering imagined flavours.

Warning, these are absolutely ridiculous:

Like a thinner, more dense Wotsit, absolutely loaded with flavour. Best new snack of the past 12 months I reckon.

Fr.Bigley

Look mint. Seabrook get a bad rep but I've always loved Canadian ham from them. Remind me of school. Only good bit to be honest.

Sebastian Cobb

I'm not sure if I've ever tried Seabrook but I associate them with disappointment because I always think I've hit the jackpot and happened upon some Roysters.