Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,188
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:57:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Junk food consumed in quarantine

Started by Blue Jam, April 29, 2020, 02:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 06, 2021, 06:18:17 PM
The meatball kebab kits sound intriguing.

I had a twister ice lolly after a walk in the sun, it seems to have gotten 'wagon wheeled' and seemed a bit feeble.
I had a similar ice lolly disappointment many years ago when they downgraded a "Big Feast" to a just a "Feast". 

It was a shadow of its forner self.

Sebastian Cobb

Picked one of these up on a whim:

Really nice.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

^ Yep, I've had one of those before. Much better noodles than that awful rubber band shit you get in a Pot Noodle.

Cuntbeaks

Not sure who needs to know this, but Roysters T-Bone Steak flavour are readily available in Farmfoods. Just monched two packs rapid. Similar flavour profile to Bacon Fries but not as salty or greasy or amazing.

I was in Farmfoods for ice lollies and the Delmonte 100% Orange Juice ones are amazing, the lemonade ones aren't bad either. 6 for £3.

Bazooka

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on June 22, 2021, 04:19:49 PM
Not sure who needs to know this, but Roysters T-Bone Steak flavour are readily available in Farmfoods. Just monched two packs rapid. Similar flavour profile to Bacon Fries but not as salty or greasy or amazing.

I was in Farmfoods for ice lollies and the Delmonte 100% Orange Juice ones are amazing, the lemonade ones aren't bad either. 6 for £3.

Hi mate what time are you picking me up in your gold rocket car to go to Farmfoods? Absolute decadence.

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Bazooka on June 22, 2021, 05:03:18 PM
Hi mate what time are you picking me up in your gold rocket car to go to Farmfoods? Absolute decadence.

It's a foolish man that mocks the buying power of Farmfiods, a foolish man indeed.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on June 22, 2021, 04:19:49 PM
I was in Farmfoods for ice lollies... the Delmonte 100% Orange Juice ones

OMG FUCK YEAH those things are more orangey than actual oranges I swear

*makes plans to visit Farmfoods ASAP*

Dex Sawash

Today's lunch, cross posting to obese cunt disease thread.
9.7/10

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 22, 2021, 06:33:00 PM
OMG FUCK YEAH those things are more orangey than actual oranges I swear

*makes plans to visit Farmfoods ASAP*

Frozen concentrated orange juice is best frozen fruit snack. Can only handle a few partial spoonfuls a day.
14.2/10 acid+sweet scale.

Edit- full strength, don't mix with water like the can says to do that just makes normal orange juice.

Sebastian Cobb

Set foot in lidl for the first time in about a year.  These are great, basically Borders Biscuit knockoffs but a quid, possibly more fiery too.

mothman

Can a breakfast cereal count as a junk food? Possibly, if it's Limited Edition Strawberries & Cream Shreddies.

Now, I'm a bit of a Shreddies[nb]Its possible I first tried them when they had the Star Wars transfer dioramas on the back, meaning they've been my favourite cereal for more than 40 years.[/nb] purist. I don't hold with chocolate Shreddies, or frosted ones.[nb]Did they do coconut once, or am I imagining that? Anyway, didn't try them. [/nb] So this is a bit outside the standards of decorum I would normally adhere to.

The verdict? OK, I guess? They're not very strawberryish, there's a faint pink taste to them, but not unpleasant or chemical.[nb]Initial thought was that pouring strawberry Nesquik over plain Shreddies would produce the same effect, but on second bowl I've decided against that[/nb] It actually complements the malt taste quite well.

And - though it's not really clear - there's obviously some kind of sweetened frosting on them, because no added sweetening is required. Though the calorific content doesn't look to be much different to plain Shreddies. Could be a bit suss.

I'll certainly finish the box, and that wasn't a given when I first opened it. Would recommend trying, a middle of the road choice I admit, falling far short of a must-try but certainly not an avoid-at-all-costs.

Sebastian Cobb

Had Shreddies for the first time in about 20 years recently and very much enjoyed them!

Think the lidl "malted flakes" knockoff might actually be better though.

JamesTC

I like the Asda brand Malted Wheaties.

Dusty Substance

One of my junk food discoveries during the last 18 months have been these gorgeous mushroom burgers: https://www.iceland.co.uk/p/no-bull-mushrooms-steaks-2-x-80g-%28160g%29/78781.html

AS A VEGAN (that's what we do, right? We shout about being a vegan), it's great to see my local Iceland have a decent meat-free section and these mushroom burgers are the best things I've sampled. I try not buy too much frozen food as they're usually filled with bad stuff, but I treat myself every few weeks.

Kankurette

Yeah, a mate recommended those as well, although I don't have an Iceland near me. I love those mushroom en croute thingies the Co-Op does.

mothman

After years of turning up her nose at my Spag Bol - my favourite dish, the one I've probably cooked more than anything else (apart from toast, I guess) - my eldest had a vegetarian version, with Quorn in too, that her boyfriend's mum made - and she loved it. Oh, how sharper than a serpent's tooth...

bgmnts

Quote from: mothman on July 05, 2021, 09:15:20 PM
After years of turning up her nose at my Spag Bol - my favourite dish, the one I've probably cooked more than anything else (apart from toast, I guess) - my eldest had a vegetarian version, with Quorn in too, that her boyfriend's mum made - and she loved it. Oh, how sharper than a serpent's tooth...

It does taste better to be fair.

Dex Sawash

Pretty good hotdog-like substance

Blue Jam

Anyone tried these yet? I'm afraid to. I just know they'll be as disappointing as those KFC and Nando's flavour crisps, or at best like a faded memory of Brannigan's roast beef flavour:

Also: since when did crisps come in packs of five? Stingy bastards. Bit of infantilisation on there too- "No pies were harmed" tee-hee FUCK OFF

non capisco

^ That's just cruel, using the same packet colour as Walkers' best and now seldom-sighted flavour, Worcester Sauce. I keep getting a brief flicker of joy seeing that packet in the shops, immediately extinguished when I remember it's some boring beef flavoured guff.

Walkers? Tossers more like.

frajer

Quote from: non capisco on July 14, 2021, 12:49:32 PM
^ That's just cruel, using the same packet colour as Walkers' best and now seldom-sighted flavour, Worcester Sauce. I keep getting a brief flicker of joy seeing that packet in the shops, immediately extinguished when I remember it's some boring beef flavoured guff.

Walkers? Tossers more like.

YES. The local Waitrose does them and it's on the way home from work, a perfect storm for waistline expansion.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

There should be some sort of pun or reference to the "Who ate all the pies? You fat bastard" song on that Steak & Ale packet.

Cold Meat Platter

Bought a bag of Heera hot and spicy chicken fry mix, basically flour+seasoning.
It's like the knock off KFC spicy version coating all the Chicken shops use.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on July 15, 2021, 06:40:39 PM
Bought a bag of Heera hot and spicy chicken fry mix, basically flour+seasoning.
It's like the knock off KFC spicy version coating all the Chicken shops use.

heh, I made some of this (scaled down so the tablespoons were teaspoons, still fills the best part of one of those salsa jars you get with doritos):
https://www.africanbites.com/creole-seasoning/

mothman

My eldest tried the McSpicy and found it far, far too spicy. So I guess that spares me wondering myself into trying it.

Sebastian Cobb

I didn't know about it, but will now try it on your behalf if you like.

seepage

Aldi 'Harvest Morn' [Morn???] Salt & Vinegar Rice Cakes. I usually hate rice cakes but these are great. Very strong flavour, almost on a par with the Co-op salt & chardonnay vinegar crisps.

mothman

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 15, 2021, 10:57:43 PM
I didn't know about it, but will now try it on your behalf if you like.

Thanks Seb, you're a trooper. 👍