Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:04:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cook'd and Bomb'd Mafia Mafia Day 4

Started by MSG, April 30, 2020, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

I'm really unsure of myself now.  I don't know who to vote for.  Perhaps Prison Biscuits is innocent after all and I'm wrong?  What if I'm with the mafia?!  Would I even realise it?  Then again, perhaps DrGreggles merely wants us to think that he's the town cop.  After all, he's given himself the title of Dr. and as we all know, the town doctor is dead.

Arghhhh. I'm so confused.

I'm torn between Prison Biscuits and Blodwyn Pig but then again, rue the polywhirl and angrew lloyg Wegger are two people who have stayed out of my suspicions thus far, which in itself is suspicious because that's exactly what a mafioso would do; stay in the shadows and do just enough to fuel our paranoia and attack each other.

Gah!  I am lost.  I don't know what is what anymore, which way is up and which way is down.

No, no.  I must stay true.  I must stick to the landing.

My vote remains with Prison Biscuits.  If I am wrong, which is looking ever more likely, then I shall suffer the consequences.  You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

I am 100% NOT Maffia. I believe Blodwyn is maff, but strictly small time - a prawn, a remora suckling at the gills of the big fish. I'm sticking with Angrew. I think he's eyeing up that recently vacated throne.

Anyway, I'm going fishing. It looks like a nice day.

I mean, if I was with the mafia I'd at least know how to fucking spell it right

Jim Bob

Quote from: Danger Man on April 30, 2020, 11:04:24 PM
I'm the town cop.

I'm a bit too tired to share my findings tonight but tomorrow I'll make a long post showing how I think the townies can win this.

I'll throw you a bone...BlodwynPig is 100% mafia.

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 30, 2020, 11:06:09 PM
I agree, so can 80% of the Townies agree to vote for him?

I'm willing to change my vote to BlodwynPig if the GM can confirm that the town cop is allowed to announce their own position to everyone else and that the mafia are not allowed to claim that they are the town cop.  Otherwise, I will be highly suspicious of Danger Man and DrGreggles.

earl_sleek

Shit. Sorry Delete. Wish I'd stuck with Prison Biscuits now.

earl_sleek

Quote from: Jim Bob on April 30, 2020, 11:15:27 PM
I'm willing to change my vote to BlodwynPig if the GM can confirm that the town cop is allowed to announce their own position to everyone else and that the mafia are not allowed to claim that they are the town cop.  Otherwise, I will be highly suspicious of Danger Man and DrGreggles.

Right, they can't both be the cop, so one of them is lying.

gib

There is no rule against any player claiming any role they wish to. This is not news, the rules have already been posted a few times.

Danger Man

Quote from: Jim Bob on April 30, 2020, 11:10:58 PM
If I am wrong, which is looking ever more likely, then I shall suffer the consequences. 

There isn't enough time for you to 'suffer the consequences'. If we don't get rid of 2 mafia in the next round of killings then we'll go into the final day completely fucked.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Jim Bob on April 30, 2020, 11:15:27 PM

I didn't say I was the town cop - just that I was playing detective.
However, I stand by my amateur sleuthing conclusions.

Jim Bob

I'm sticking to my guns and encourage you to follow me.  Prison Biscuits must go.

Jim Bob

Quote from: gib on April 30, 2020, 11:20:15 PM
There is no rule against any player claiming any role they wish to. This is not news, the rules have already been posted a few times.

Perhaps I've missed it but where in the rules does it explicitly state that players can claim that they are the town cop/doctor, even if they are not?  In fact, I can't see anything here relating to claiming titles, whether genuine or not...

Quote from: MSG on April 25, 2020, 12:09:15 AM
The Rules

1. Game setup

This will be a standard Mafia timed game. Game Days will run for 24 hours commencing at either 10 PM or 10 AM UK time, and will be followed by a 12-hour Night phase.

The game is split into distinct Day and Night phases. In the Day, all players can interact with each other in the game thread, talking shit, asking questions, and trying to decide who should be lynched.

During the Night, game play stops and only the dark forces of the Mafia team and Town specials can go to work. There is no public game thread and Town players cannot communicate with others about the game.

2. Teams

The GM (Game Master, i.e. me, assisted by gib) will randomly assign you a role in the game, on 1 of 2 teams: the Town players and the Mafia Scum team.

The aim of the game for Town is to find and root out all threats, in other words find and lynch all members of the Mafia Scum team.

The Mafia scum team, on the other hand, need to achieve parity with Town -  equal numbers of Town and Scum.

In this game there are 12 players and as it is a n00b game it will be an open setup.

There are 3 Mafia scum players: 2 Mafia goons, who have no special powers, and the Don, who will appear town-like if viewed at night by the Town Cop. Scum can communicate with each other in secret during day and night phases.

There are 9 Town players: 7 vanilla Townies who have no special powers, a Town Doctor and a Town Cop. Town players cannot communicate with each other outside of the public game thread.

Lynched or night-killed players can no longer participate in the game.

3. Lynch voting

Lynching is by voting and as this a timed game, it is a First Past The Post majority vote (rather like the travesty you Poms call Parliamentary Democracy).

You may vote to lynch player x simply by posting vote player x (bold black text).

You can remove your vote at any time up until Nightfall by posting unvote player x, or by voting for another player - vote player y.

Whichever player has attracted the most votes at the designated Nightfall time will be lynched.

If there is a tie, the GM will randomise the lynch.

4. Night actions

The Mafia team will choose another player to night-kill each night.

The Doc can choose to protect 1 player each night. That player will then survive if targeted by the Mafia for a night-kill. The Doc can protect him or herself but cannot protect the same player on 2 consecutive nights.

The Cop can choose to investigate 1 player each night, to find out if they appear to be aligned to Town or Mafia.

5. The GM

Is God. His word is law.

You may not quote the words of the GM in the game thread, including the description of your role or any private messages. You can paraphrase.

gib will be assistant GM and will help answer any questions etc.

Unless your point was that if something isn't stated within the rules, then it's fair game.  If so, fair enough, but was it wrong of me to ask for clarification?

gib

The rules don't state all the things you are allowed to do, that's not how rules work.

DrGreggles

rue the polywhirl

I'd say that based on last nights voting patterns just before the strike of nightfall it's pretty much cast-iron guaranteed that Blodwyn Pig is Mafioso. We also have to be suspectful of Andrew Lloyd Webber and earl_sleek because they aligned their vote from prison biscuits to delete literally in the last second which had the effect of miraculously saving blodywn. Danger Man and Dr Greggles seem quite evidently to be decent townsfolk and Greggle's sleuthings have been quite fair to be honest. Simply put, the rest of us need to work together to get rid of the evil, ultraviolent blodders and then we can sort out the riff raff maffia later.

rue the polywhirl

MSG

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 01, 2020, 12:00:02 AM
Perhaps I've missed it but where in the rules does it explicitly state that players can claim that they are the town cop/doctor, even if they are not?  In fact, I can't see anything here relating to claiming titles, whether genuine or not...

Unless your point was that if something isn't stated within the rules, then it's fair game.  If so, fair enough, but was it wrong of me to ask for clarification?

Jim Bob, I will quote from the rules you quoted.

QuoteYou may not quote the words of the GM in the game thread, including the description of your role or any private messages. You can paraphrase.

Jim Bob

Jim Bob

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on May 01, 2020, 12:20:53 AM
We also have to be suspectful of Andrew Lloyd Webber and earl_sleek because they aligned their vote from prison biscuits to delete literally in the last second which had the effect of miraculously saving blodywn.

And also saving Prison Biscuits it should be noted (whilst making it appear that they were all set to vote for Prison Biscuits, when they had no intention of doing so).

rue the polywhirl

Just in case my original vote is spoiled because of the typo and also for emphasis because it is the right choice I will cast my vote again.

vote Blodwyn Pig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Danger Man on April 30, 2020, 11:04:24 PM
I'm the town cop.

I'm a bit too tired to share my findings tonight but tomorrow I'll make a long post showing how I think the townies can win this.

I'll throw you a bone...BlodwynPig is 100% mafia.

I can now reveal that I am the Town Mole - neither Mafia or Townie, and can confirm that DM is the Town Cop. I won't reveal who the Vig is or who the mafia are until close to nightfall. I can swap sides at will.

BlodwynPig

*pink fat man tips his hat to a blue spiral bellied gentleman who is making the 'slash your throat' hand gesture*

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 01, 2020, 08:18:32 AM
I can now reveal that I am the Town Mole - neither Mafia or Townie, and can confirm that DM is the Town Cop. I won't reveal who the Vig is or who the mafia are until close to nightfall. I can swap sides at will.

Mole gonna be chops!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 01, 2020, 08:31:52 AM
Mole gonna be chops!

You can Lynch me, or you can tap me up for insider knowledge - at a price. The price is for every hint I lose one of my 3 mole powers (i.e. reveal role of player). I cannot directly name them and can only provide hints when questioned by the Don or the Cop. The Don is dead, so only the Cop can question me. If I name names, I will die from a massive but suspicious heart attack at the end of day of the reveal.

DrGreggles

unvote Angrew
vote Blodwyn

setting mole traps, raking sand

Jim Bob

I'm starting to doubt my vote for Prison Biscuits.  If nothing else, anyone with an avatar from my favourite scene of Poltergeist can't be all bad... right?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 01, 2020, 09:17:28 AM
I'm starting to doubt my vote for Prison Biscuits.  If nothing else, anyone with an avatar from my favourite scene of Poltergeist can't be all bad... right?

Only DM, the Cop, can question me

BlodwynPig

A plaintive tune is heard in the town, drifting on the wind over the dunes from the Cove

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AEBQ6BJzUc