Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:48:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

thread exclusively for doing "bits"

Started by madhair60, May 01, 2020, 12:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Quote from: Dewt on May 02, 2020, 12:18:27 PM
They were real worlds to her that she could talk about endlessly.

And if it really is your genuine opinion, you're probably very stupid.

Thursday

Christ, I'm appalled at myself for that one.

Dewt

I guess you're right, it's a bit like those people who think BotW is good.

madhair60

Assassin's Creed is a pretty good fuckhead filter, if you're like urrr Assassin's Creed urrrrr Ubisoft you're probably a crushing bore

Abnormal Palm

Let's play an old game because I'm traumatised to fuck by existence

kittens

honestly think all 2d games other than mario are shit and mario isn't very good either

madhair60

massively fucked up making this one

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

All those games that everyone think are brilliant are merely okay at best.

Abnormal Palm

Any game you haven't played but I have is better than any game we've both played.

Cerys

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on May 02, 2020, 12:47:10 PM
All those games that everyone think are brilliant are merely okay at best.

You haven't played Ico, then.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Ico is ace. Shadow of the Colossus is shit for cunts.

Ferris

Quote from: kittens on May 02, 2020, 12:13:26 PM
what's your favourite game then eh. fuckin adventures of boring shitty mega drive game or something. damn.  fuck. i like red deasd redemption and i am NOT stupid i am so smart. fuck. what the fuck. oh my god

Can't stand this fella but he's right here. Red dead redemption is an absolute masterpiece, most 2d games are boring.

My other bit is pretending I don't like anyone.

C_Larence

what if ff9 but the main character is zinedine zidane and he the only move he can do is a headbutt

Thursday

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 02, 2020, 03:34:36 PM
Can't stand this fella but he's right here. Red dead redemption is an absolute masterpiece, most 2d games are boring.

My other bit is pretending I don't like anyone.

Just to be clear, I also agree retro games are bad. RDR is better than mega drive and snes games at least.

C_Larence

NIER but it has 2 extra letters and 2B is black.

Zetetic

Quote from: Dewt on May 02, 2020, 12:18:27 PM
...some Assassin's Creed game ... the main thing I was left with was a sense that she loved those games like somebody would love their favourite fantasy novels. They were real worlds to her that she could talk about endlessly.

A major selling point of those games is that they give you a pleasingly accessible sense of some historical place along with some broad historical characters.

If she liked the sci-fi-ish alternate history guff though, I've no sympathy.

Zetetic

Quote from: Thursday on May 02, 2020, 11:40:33 AM
People who cite things like GTA/Red Dead Redemption/Uncharted/Last of Us as their favourite games of all the time are really boring and probably don't actually have any real interest in games. Equivalent of saying your favourites films of all time are all the MCU films. It's fine to enjoy them, but I have a hard time believing anyone actually loves them that much, they just convince themselves they do because they've seen so much hype and praise around them and tell themselves it must be true because they're easily led. And if it really is your genuine opinion, you're probably very stupid.

Oh sorry hang on that's not a bit, that's just an opinion I have that I don't say out loud because I don't want to look like an elitist/gatekeeping twat.

I really enjoyed Noah Caldwell-Gervais's thoughts on RDR2 and where it sets as a 'Western'. It's, uh, a bit over two hours long (but I don't tend to feel that he ever wastes time in his videos).

There's always the argument that he's overthinking something because he liked in the first place, but he's never seemed... pretentious to me. (Although I suspect it depends how overwrought you find some of his writing.)

Thursday

I really like his stuff, but I just wish my own tastes connected a bit more, because I'm all for that ridiculously long-form stuff he does existing.