Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:21:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

VE Day 75!

Started by chocolate teapot, May 01, 2020, 05:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoyzaSorris

Oh good another sock.
# notabaldsexpest or milverton this time?

ZoyzaSorris

Some boomer tried to force this ridiculous idea on our street WhatsApp mutual aid group (generally a nice thing) to absolutely zero response.

Edit: Sadly someone has responded (it is the person next door to offending Boomer though so may feel obliged not to leave the daft coots hanging)

Twit 2

Quote from: dunelm on May 07, 2020, 07:54:04 PM
People that win elections. I.e. not the labour party. Uncomfortable reading isn't it. Still, the results speak for themselves.

Desperately sad.

pigamus

As I was coming back from Tesco the staff from a funeral parlour were stapling Union Jack flags to their front fence.

Pick the bones out of that, as Danny Baker would say.

idunnosomename

i drove through a bunch of villages at the back of me today (only like 20 min out but the furthest ive been in months) and loads of union jack bunting out. and also some point-missing houses covered in St George's flags. um. no

Jittlebags

Weird. Most of our (Welsh) town is bunting free, but around the corner, on the 'estate', they've gone fucking mental with bunting and flags all over the shop, with several tattooed, shell suited gentlemen wobbling uncertainly on top of ladders. Granted the flags are mainly Welsh. There must be some strange non Darwinian folk memory of street parties and wanking off American soldiers for some chewing gum and a pair of tights going on.

Armin Meiwes

Not too much round my way living as I do amongst the libral metropolitan this is why labour lost the election elite BUT some fruitcake round the corner has stuck up, on flagpoles, a v big American flag, a v big UK flag.. no sign of any hammer and sickle tho!

steve98

I've propped a 1st class stamp against the front window; HM's silhouette clearly visible to any fanatics that want to look.

H-O-W-L

Listened to The Final Cut again. Still better than literally any of the Gilmour-helmed turds.

Quote from: Jittlebags on May 07, 2020, 10:52:47 PM
Weird. Most of our (Welsh) town is bunting free, but around the corner, on the 'estate', they've gone fucking mental with bunting and flags all over the shop, with several tattooed, shell suited gentlemen wobbling uncertainly on top of ladders. Granted the flags are mainly Welsh. There must be some strange non Darwinian folk memory of street parties and wanking off American soldiers for some chewing gum and a pair of tights going on.

My grandmother told me she used to go to the 'dance' with Italian POWs from a local POW camp.  Who needs chewing gum when you've got hunky Italians, that's what she (probably) said.

Attila

I've got my dad's diary from when he was in the Navy during the War (stationed mainly in Naples). His 8 May 1945 entry is a lot of grumbling about having sentry duty from 4-6am, complaints about some of the guys on his ship, that he washed some socks, and 'lots of extra busy-work today because the war ended.' He died 10 years ago on Sunday (he was 87) -- and listening to the creeps like the PM and the US President bang on about the greatest generation and that makes all of my hackles rise.

Debating whether to go out for my usual walk this morning to see how much bunting is in evidence around here, or just lie low and do an online step-class. Weekends for a walk/jog around here are a pain in the backside since lockdown started as there are increasingly more and more people clogging up the pathways and stuff.

Keebleman

There should be a spoiler alert attached to this thread.  I'm in the middle of reading a book about World War II and now I know how it ends!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: H-O-W-L on May 08, 2020, 01:12:42 AM
Listened to The Final Cut again. Still better than literally any of the Gilmour-helmed turds.

Apt, personally and nationally

QuoteThrough the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time
And far from flying high in clear blue skies
I'm spiraling down to the hole in the ground where I hide

EOLAN

Quote from: Keebleman on May 08, 2020, 09:22:05 AM
There should be a spoiler alert attached to this thread.  I'm in the middle of reading a book about World War II and now I know how it ends!
The epilogue with the Japanese still should have some interesting twists and turns.

Ray Travez

this is my invite. "community based socially distanced 'Stay at Home' celebration"- this is gonna be the BEST FUCKIN PARTY EVER 

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Cursus on May 08, 2020, 09:02:11 AM

Tim Bellend more like. I note the speaker at the front. I'm all for commerating VE Day but in a tasteful way with just a 2 minutes silence.

jobotic

It's reconstruction of the tank he fought in when he was 1 month old. Leave him alone.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 08, 2020, 09:55:55 AM
Tim Bellend more like. I note the speaker at the front. I'm all for commerating VE Day but in a tasteful way with just a 2 minutes silence.

If this prick can build this set piece from Tom Baker era Dr, then why can't he get back to work? Lazy cunt in that chair.

imitationleather

Spent my two minutes silence on the doorstep thinking about Captain Tom raping his way through India. By the time it ended I was sporting a full-on throbber.

None of my neighbours turned up to pay their respects so no one saw my dignified rememberance sexrection. Disgrace.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: imitationleather on May 08, 2020, 11:07:46 AM
Spent my two minutes silence on the doorstep thinking about Captain Tom raping his way through India. By the time it ended I was sporting a full-on throbber.

None of my neighbours turned up to pay their respects so no one saw my dignified rememberance sexrection. Disgrace.

You saucy tart, not forgetting his axis rival though, the incomparable noodle king. Went to town with those rice farmers.

Quote from: hamfist on May 01, 2020, 05:52:52 PM
why on a doorstep, how weird.

I'm gonna ride thru my village on a nazi motorbike in a nazi trenchcoat with a nazi helmet on and a nazi sidekick in a nazi sidecar. He'll have a nazi shovel and I'll have a nazi rifle. We'll sing nazi nursery rhymes and drink nazi beer and think of the nazi days.

Quote from: buttgammon on May 01, 2020, 06:09:18 PM
Delighted to be living in Ireland with no prospect of visiting the UK any time soon.

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 01, 2020, 05:58:44 PM
75 fucking years and we're still fucking banging on about this. Do they realise how idiotic it makes us look?

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 01, 2020, 06:26:35 PM
An ongoing national catastrophe smokescreened like this is the height of vulgarity, but just try telling that to the Brexit-addled mouth breathing fucks out there.

Quote from: Chairman Yang on May 01, 2020, 06:48:27 PM
The thought of eating in psychic communion with these flag-waving bootlickers is so off-putting that I'll be skipping dinner and going straight to 'raising a glass' up my own shaft, splitting my manhood in two like a damp baguette.

Quote from: imitationleather on May 01, 2020, 07:12:26 PM
Now my grandparents and all that are dead I think it would do us a huge amount of good to forget WW2 ever happened.

Quote from: Buelligan on May 01, 2020, 07:26:27 PM
Please gas these houses of cunts.  Cheers.

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on May 01, 2020, 07:28:17 PM
I'm confident no-one worthwhile will pay attention to this.

Quote from: Schmo Diddley on May 07, 2020, 09:31:42 AM
Thinly veiled Brexit celebration metaphor to paper over the ongoing cluster fuck of the government's handling of the Coronavirus.

Opportunity for Tory & establishment stooges to wank themselves into a frenzy with war metaphors for how we should be handling the virus. Crowbarring Johnson as Churchill allusions.

Our street is festooned with bunting and there's some sort of finger food buffet street party celebration thing going on. "Covid-19 Iced Finger anyone?"

precisely the level of toxicity that you would expect from the unelectable, extremist political movement that you all represent

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Was reading a book on a bench in Kew Green and saw the RAF squadron fly over head. Hadn't slept all night, properly woke me up that.

Re: bunting. Saw some old Asian ladies putting some up by a pub. Could be white nationalists I suppose, but highly unlikely.

Twit 2

Woke up at 11.30 so snored through the silence. Take that Churchill!

Imagine the mentality of someone standing silently on their doorstep like a concussed penguin. Imagine.

jobotic

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on May 08, 2020, 11:47:45 AM
precisely the level of toxicity that you would expect from the unelectable, extremist political movement that you all represent

Actual war veterans are being murdered in care homes by your lot. Your lot that employ a eugenicist. Until you acknowledge that you can shove your flag up your arse.

chocolate teapot

About 11.20 this morning I heard a neighbour yelling attennSHUN several times, I was half awake so wondering whether the neighbours were cosplaying the army and marching through the village but realised it was a dad playing some kind of army game. With his children probably.

jobotic

chocolate teapot

120,000 dead due to austerity, people left to die in the streets through homelessness, NHS being starved of cash. Social murder has been happening by stealth for ten years now, it won't change until *shrug* I don't know. Corbyn's Labour was the chance to stop it all but it was hobbled, even by Labour itself.

Anyway, good job we defeated evil all them years ago for our freedoms today.

Quote from: chocolate teapot on May 08, 2020, 02:09:00 PM
120,000 dead due to austerity, people left to die in the streets through homelessness, NHS being starved of cash. Social murder has been happening by stealth for ten years now, it won't change until *shrug* I don't know. Corbyn's Labour was the chance to stop it all but it was hobbled, even by Labour itself.

Anyway, good job we defeated evil all them years ago for our freedoms today.
Oh so you care about people dying today due to government policy and not union jack jingoism? And this is why you lost the election, this is my political analysis I am very smart <insert smiley>

They had the choice: up by the bootstraps, or death.

And they choose death. Not much a government could do.

*belts out Vera Lynn medley*