Author Topic: ¦  (Read 658 times)

¦
« on: May 02, 2020, 02:37:28 PM »
Games ended in 1997, delete the subforum to save server space.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 03:49:59 PM by Abnormal Palm »

Re: Streets of Rage 4
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 02:42:35 PM »
Art style looks disgusting, just awful. Streets of Rage 1 has arguably the best soundtrack tied with Ristar of the console, it's banging.

I'm sure this is fun, but ugh looks ugh.

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
  • "A soupçon of pizzazz."
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 03:44:21 PM »
In terms of art direction, this is closer to a remake of Final Fight than Streets of Rage (or Bare Knuckle as us cool kids with our Japanese imports called it).

Streets of Rage should be more pixelated, with a hint of Vaporwave.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 03:47:01 PM »
Gettin in my time machine to play a old game to escape reality

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
  • "A soupçon of pizzazz."
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 03:48:56 PM »
Sorry. Your game is very nice.

Re: ¦
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 05:56:03 PM »
Streets of Rage 4 is actually really good fun, lots of depth to the combat and while I prefer big chunky sprites in general for this kind of thing, it looks great to me. A real labour of the love and better even than I first thought. Maintaining your combo is a hell of a lot of fun.

Jerzy Bondov

• best not bother
    • righto so ive got five minutes off work and uh yeah im gonna have a cheeky volvic
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 07:07:18 PM »
This has been getting stellar reviews from people I trust (and madhair), saying it's the best in the series. I will get it but my best Streets of Rage memories are from when they put them on the Wii and my housemate and I stayed up throught the night completing them in co-op. Now I live with two under-threes, and a woman. Not going to happen

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 12:33:13 PM »
It's brilliant. Was sceptical when the first footage came out as it looked a bit dark and bland, but they've absolutely nailed it. I don't know if it's the best in the series, but it's definitely the deepest.

Had a real blast playing it with my son, trying to juggle fools about between us to maintain the combo count.

Tags: