Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:00:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

¦

Started by Abnormal Palm, May 02, 2020, 02:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abnormal Palm

¦
Games ended in 1997, delete the subforum to save server space.

Bazooka

Art style looks disgusting, just awful. Streets of Rage 1 has arguably the best soundtrack tied with Ristar of the console, it's banging.

I'm sure this is fun, but ugh looks ugh.

QDRPHNC

In terms of art direction, this is closer to a remake of Final Fight than Streets of Rage (or Bare Knuckle as us cool kids with our Japanese imports called it).

Streets of Rage should be more pixelated, with a hint of Vaporwave.

Abnormal Palm

Gettin in my time machine to play a old game to escape reality

QDRPHNC

Sorry. Your game is very nice.

Abnormal Palm

Streets of Rage 4 is actually really good fun, lots of depth to the combat and while I prefer big chunky sprites in general for this kind of thing, it looks great to me. A real labour of the love and better even than I first thought. Maintaining your combo is a hell of a lot of fun.

Jerzy Bondov

This has been getting stellar reviews from people I trust (and madhair), saying it's the best in the series. I will get it but my best Streets of Rage memories are from when they put them on the Wii and my housemate and I stayed up throught the night completing them in co-op. Now I live with two under-threes, and a woman. Not going to happen

It's brilliant. Was sceptical when the first footage came out as it looked a bit dark and bland, but they've absolutely nailed it. I don't know if it's the best in the series, but it's definitely the deepest.

Had a real blast playing it with my son, trying to juggle fools about between us to maintain the combo count.