Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:32:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Down The Line Lockdown Special

Started by Malcy, May 02, 2020, 06:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

New episode airing at 11pm on R4 Thu 14th of May!

Really looking forward to this. Been ages since I've listened to any of the episodes.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/down_the_line/episodes/2020/1/

Sin Agog

What is point lockdown? What is point?

sevendaughters

just wanted to say, Gary, I don't really like the show

Jim Bob

Ooohhhh, excellent.  Love me some Down The Line.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Oh hell yeah

I wonder how far into Britain's current personality cult psychosis they will dare to delve.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 02, 2020, 09:07:30 PM
Oh hell yeah

I wonder how far into Britain's current personality cult psychosis they will dare to delve.

I'd just like to say that i agree with all of this.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Mobius

why do that have to keep mucking about with it?!

Hopefully it'll be different gravy

idunnosomename

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 02, 2020, 06:15:30 PM
What is point lockdown? What is point?
wasn't Khalid Felix Dexter? what is point Down the Line without Dexter what is point.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 03, 2020, 12:26:36 AM
wasn't Khalid Felix Dexter? what is point Down the Line without Dexter what is point.

Nah Whitehouse for certain. But I agree Dexter was a huge part of it.

honeychile

Thing is, this feels like it will be almost entirely predictable. And yet still predictably brill.

Mobius

How / where can one watch Bellamy's People nowadays? I've only managed to find a few episodes on YouTube.

magval

It's on Dailymotion, seems like very good quality too.

chrispmartha

Well this has cheered me right up!!!

Mobius

Quote from: magval on May 03, 2020, 07:24:17 AM
It's on Dailymotion, seems like very good quality too.

Thank you! Been looking for that for years. Underrated show I think.

So that's Down The Line, Alan Partridge and People Just Do Nothing audio to come. Nice.

Puce Moment

We're literally dying up 'ere lad!

alan nagsworth

All I'm saying is that in a hypothetical situation with a large social gathering that wants dispersing, I could fill a van with explosives, drive right into the middle of it and KABOOM. I come from a military background and I do NOT muck about.

Norton Canes

Shoulders?-Stomach!

checkoutgirl

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 03, 2020, 12:26:36 AM

Doesn't sound remotely like Dexter.

olliebean

What the hell is up with this picture that Chortle has chosen to illustrate their story about this?

SteveDave

I presume it was used for the early series when they were trying to convince people it was real? If they ever did that?

olliebean

But why have they made it look like he's wearing lipstick?

Malcy

Some details from Charlie Higson.

QuoteCharlie Higson says: "It's great to be back with this Down The Line one-off special. A spoof radio phone-in show is the perfect project to make in lock down as all the cast can literally phone their performances in. So we have a great range of characters calling our host, Gary Bellamy, who are as weird, confused, angry and nuts as the callers on any other phone in show. The only sadness is that this is the first Down The Line we've made without the inimitable Felix Dexter, whose unique characters were such a big part of the show. Otherwise, all of the original cast - Rhys Thomas, Paul Whitehouse, Lucy Montgomery, Simon Day, Charlie Higson, and Amelia Bullmore are back, as well as guest stars including Harry Enfield, Robert Popper and Geoff Schumann."

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/news/5761/down-the-line-returns/

chrispmartha

Obviously I'm over the moon that this is back but it is tinged with a great deal of sadness as it will be without Felix Dexter who's calls always made me laugh the most, I wonder if they will make any comment on it?

Glad it's back though - niceness!

Utter Shit

Quote from: SteveDave on May 05, 2020, 11:20:20 AM

I presume it was used for the early series when they were trying to convince people it was real? If they ever did that?

That was definitely the original Gary Bellamy, not sure when they dropped it for Actual Rhys Thomas.

Harry Enfield back = more SHUT IT bloke, lovely.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: olliebean on May 05, 2020, 12:07:12 PM
But why have they made it look like he's wearing lipstick?

Just a quick bash at jazzing up the image: ramping up the levels/contrast and adding a dynamic gradient background. They probably should have just used an image of Rhys Thomas since we know his face from Bellamy's People, but I'm guessing they wanted to stick with an old tradition.

Quote from: chrispmartha on May 06, 2020, 09:57:05 AM
Obviously I'm over the moon that this is back but it is tinged with a great deal of sadness as it will be without Felix Dexter who's calls always made me laugh the most, I wonder if they will make any comment on it?

I doubt any comment will be made in the actual show, since it's all done "seriously" so it would be odd for them to break character. Higson has mentioned him in the above press statement though.

Retinend

Can anyone hook me up with the archive of the radio/TV show? Had them all but lost them.

neveragain

I was wondering who Geoff Schumann (mentioned by Higson in the Chortle quote) was, and apparently - as well as being a comedian - he is the chair of The Felix Dexter Charitable Organisation.

https://www.geoffschumann.com/