Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:45:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Down The Line Lockdown Special

Started by Malcy, May 02, 2020, 06:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Fantastic news. I wish they'd do another series. Something to fill the gap in place of that bloody Alan Partridge podcast we were promised last month!

weekender

Hang on, so that's both the Antiviral Wipe (9pm) and the new Down The Line special (11pm) on the same day (14th May)?

Awesome :)

They should get Brooker to phone into Down The Line somehow, if they haven't already.  Don't know who "they" are.

weekender

Quote from: Retinend on May 06, 2020, 12:11:22 PM
Can anyone hook me up with the archive of the radio/TV show? Had them all but lost them.

I also had the original CDs of Down The Line Series 1-3 (I don't think the BBC officially released Series 4 and 5, or the specials) and the DVD of 'Bellamy's People', but I lost them because they're in another room and I can't be arsed getting up.

Also, I deleted my digital copies of 'Bellamy's People' when I bought the DVD, so that's not available.

I'm minded to think it might be OK if I share my copies of the items that have not been commercially released, but I don't think it would be appropriate to do so in public, so I will PM you.

wooders1978

Quote from: weekender on May 07, 2020, 06:33:57 PM
Hang on, so that's both the Antiviral Wipe (9pm) and the new Down The Line special (11pm) on the same day (14th May)?

Awesome :)

They should get Brooker to phone into Down The Line somehow, if they haven't already.  Don't know who "they" are.

Pretty sure I've read this somewhere else

weekender

NO-ONE'S GOING STIR CRAZY, ALRIGHT?

Noddy Tomkey

Quote from: weekender on May 07, 2020, 07:01:46 PM
I also had the original CDs of Down The Line Series 1-3 (I don't think the BBC officially released Series 4 and 5, or the specials) and the DVD of 'Bellamy's People', but I lost them because they're in another room and I can't be arsed getting up.

Also, I deleted my digital copies of 'Bellamy's People' when I bought the DVD, so that's not available.

I'm minded to think it might be OK if I share my copies of the items that have not been commercially released, but I don't think it would be appropriate to do so in public, so I will PM you.

Won't this do?

Custard

SHUT IT!

SHUT IT!

WILL YOU SHUT IT!

Never would've known that was Harry Enfield, if it wasn't for CaB

SHUT IT!

petril

he did a similar character on Harry & Paul didn't he?

vainsharpdad

Comes out the same day as Viral Wipe.

I might stay in then.

chrispmartha

Tonight 11.00
@BBCRadio4
the return of #DownTheLine and it will return again tomorrow in the morning. There is also an exclusive extra show on
@BBCSounds
featuring Nibbsy, Geoffrey Allerton & Martin Hole #VotIsPoint?

From Higson on twitter, glad theres some extra content!

Retinend

Crabwalk

If there's any sort of little nod to Felix I think my bottom lip is likely to go.

If Robert Popper is involved then I hope Baal makes an appearance.

Dewt

Mobius

Does anyone know how I can listen to this outside of England? Always have trouble with BBC Radio, iPlayer stuff...

Gonk

Conspiracist bellend is perfect.

sevendaughters

sevendaughters

this is the bonus episode which I presume is off-cuts that didn't make the main show: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08d0shr

Norton Canes

It's twice as good as the broadcast one

Retinend

It's like it never went away. That was lovely.

I agree the second show was a bit better

The guy calling in to clarify that "EN HAITCH ESS" was an incorrect pronunciation.
"Nurses look after our bodies but poets look after our souls"
the Nibster reorganising his jazz collection and watching cat videos
catching Covid from potatoes
"I'M A TEACHER! WUT WUUUUUT!" - then Bellamy getting on his high horse about the NHS
What is point stay alert? What is point anything? What is point stay safe?

I'm falling back in love with these characters. Does anyone have the TV version, Bellamy's People on archive?

weekender

You can get the Bellamy's People DVD second hand on Amazon at the moment for £20.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Loved Humphrey laying into Bernie Eccleston straight after asking the media to stop stereotyping old people.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Speakers in the house are broke becoz we overloaded them with too much BASS

shiftwork2

chrispmartha

I was a bit disappointed to be honest, but I will caveat that I was really tired last night and I listened on decent headphones so it was obvious where it had been spliced and cut which ut me off a little, I haven't listened to the extra bits though so will give it another go!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Mobius

I enjoyed that, will definitely listen a few more times over the weekend.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The military background guy towards the end is great. You would just know his moment has arrived.

Laughed at the one with people having sex next door. I thought it was going to be a Fast Show callback but no.

Obviously laughed at Beckton losing it after getting unnecessarily personal about Michaela and then not even being able to cope with even the vaguest suggestion about his own girlfriend.

olliebean

Quote from: Mobius on May 14, 2020, 10:47:27 PM
Does anyone know how I can listen to this outside of England? Always have trouble with BBC Radio, iPlayer stuff...

Direct download available here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02pc9x6/episodes/downloads