Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,462
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:12:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Down The Line Lockdown Special

Started by Malcy, May 02, 2020, 06:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I really enjoyed that. As Shoulders said, Beckton was a highlight, but Lucy Montgomery's permanently drunk teacher made me laugh a lot. Just a fleeting one-joke character, but the sheer manic glee of her performance was very funny.

Bellamy is an underrated character, I think. Thomas really nails a specific type of broadly liberal, bland media dimbulb who doesn't really know what he's talking about, but who sort of knows what he's supposed to say and think.

Gary Bellamy would almost certainly be of the opinion that Corbyn is "a nice guy who maybe went a bit too far with some of his policies." But he wouldn't be able to explain why.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I also enjoyed the desolate image of Chris Nibbs live-streaming a jazz album playback every night to just five people.

Norton Canes

Humphrey Milner's musings on isolation and mortality were as poignant as ever. Loved GB mis-guesstimating his age.

Baal, though. Just wow. "May I say hello to someone?
Spoiler alert
Jill Barker!
[close]
" [/i]

Consignia

Don't fooled by the branding, it's a full episode in it's own right and could easily have been broadcast a week later. It's probably a bit funnier, but does lean on the old characters a bit more.

sevendaughters

yeah the 'bonus episode' is just as good and continues where that episode left off, worth a listen

Jim Bob

Quote from: olliebean on May 15, 2020, 11:37:14 AM
Direct download available here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02pc9x6/episodes/downloads

Great, thanks.  Does anybody have a download link for the aftershow outtakes/bonus episode?

JamesTC

"Ordered some bacon off Amazon. Ain't comin' till August"

SteveDave

I saw Rhys Thomas today walking through a very busy London Fields and almost shouted "WHAT IS POINT LOCKDOWN" at him but I didn't.

honeychile

Both episodes were grand. Particularly liked the nefarious plans for wiping out humanity.

chveik

Can't find a direct download link for the extra episode, the original episode link is there though.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on May 16, 2020, 09:53:10 AM
Can't find a direct download link for the extra episode, the original episode link is there though.

Yep, I too would greatly appreciate it if somebody could link to a download for the extra episode.

Norton Canes

Oh man, I just played the dad and daughter calls to Mrs Canes. She absolutely lost it. I don't think she's laughed that much since our wedding night.

magval

Quote from: Retinend on May 15, 2020, 08:40:11 AM

I'm falling back in love with these characters. Does anyone have the TV version, Bellamy's People on archive?

It's on Dailymotion as well.

Hey Kidz

I'm just a lurker here, but thanks for making this thread. I probably wouldn't have seen this was out otherwise. I think it's the first laugh I've got out of some 'lockdown satire'.

chrispmartha

Right registered to them in a better frame of mind and I take back my original disappointment, the extra episode  especially was absolutely fantastic. Loved the scouse woman, scouters in general on DTL are a highlight, we're dying up here lad!!

Armin Meiwes

Hah yeah this was great, like someone said it was as if it had never been away, just slid straight back in. Was properly cracking up at the person that called in saying you could catch Corona from potatoes so they'd switched to apples now.

Armin Meiwes

Always love Graham and his sugar puffs as well.

Puce Moment

Fucksakes what an incredibly welcome and brilliant pair of slippers this is. Indeed, the second show was hilarious from start to finish, and although I did miss Felix a great deal (as he was my favourite on DTL and BP) Lucy Montgomery's contributions were fantastic. I love hearing Graham's voice.

chrispmartha

Quote from: Puce Moment on May 18, 2020, 03:42:21 PM
Fucksakes what an incredibly welcome and brilliant pair of slippers this is. Indeed, the second show was hilarious from start to finish, and although I did miss Felix a great deal (as he was my favourite on DTL and BP) Lucy Montgomery's contributions were fantastic. I love hearing Graham's voice.

Felix Dexter would have been absolutely immense with his religious characters in this situation - the four arsemens are coming.

Plus it would have been nice to hear Early D's take on all of this.

Puce Moment

Quote from: chrispmartha on May 18, 2020, 03:52:29 PM
Felix Dexter would have been absolutely immense with his religious characters in this situation - the four arsemens are coming.

Plus it would have been nice to hear Early D's take on all of this.

One shouldn't dwell on these things, but yes and yes.

Jim Bob

I've only listened to the first episode so far, but I agree with the consensus that this as brilliant as ever.

kalowski

The bacon from Amazon had me in stitches.
I also loved Professor Dokter and his bevy of beauties in "tight fitting dungarees with a belt".

neveragain

Who does the best supervillain?

I'd have to go for Higson. That may surprise you.

kalowski

Quote from: Retinend on May 15, 2020, 08:40:11 AM
The guy calling in to clarify that "EN HAITCH ESS" was an incorrect pronunciation.
And I think that was in response to the actor (Harry Enfield?) who said actors were the no. 1 key workers. He definitely said, En Haitch Ess

neveragain

I think that was also Enfield complaining.

My favourite bit was the darkish father and daughter two-part story.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Armin Meiwes on May 18, 2020, 11:06:54 AM
Always love Graham and his sugar puffs as well.

Shame that they just name dropped sugar puffs without really using it in a funny way.