Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:45:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Down The Line Lockdown Special

Started by Malcy, May 02, 2020, 06:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thanks for recommending this, I hadn't heard it before. Grabbed them all on a torrent and I'm working my way through.
I love how fast moving it is. It'd be just as good with longer calls but it really works having the regulars, you building up a bigger picture of them over the course of the series and the odd hit and run one offs.
Great to hear Whitehouses fat lad character again. He felt so real and I'd missed him since "help" was sadly cut short. Am I confusing that with something else? Was that character in that?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Listened again and the best thing really is Thomas' delivery of stay safe. That beat before the line is delivered and the mechanical yet confused sounding delivery. It is really really good performance of someone copying something out of a sense of obligation but not quite understanding why.

Alan Bellamy

Quote from: olliebean on May 16, 2020, 02:27:13 PM
Yeah OK, go on then: https://www.dropbox.com/s/992ee8hdcqv2bd2/Down%20the%20Line%20-%20Down%20The%20Line%20-%20Sounds%20Exclusive.m4a?dl=0

Sorry to post on here when it's been quiet for 6 months, but stumbled across this post when I realised I'd missed the lockdown specials somehow! Your link still worked for the extra episode which I'm very grateful for, but unfortunately the broadcast episode is no longer available on BBC Sounds or iPlayer... does anyone have a link for it at all?

Thanks for any help, I'm guessing it's not something they'll repeat at this point.

Phil_A

Quote from: Alan Bellamy on December 14, 2020, 02:26:32 PM
Sorry to post on here when it's been quiet for 6 months, but stumbled across this post when I realised I'd missed the lockdown specials somehow! Your link still worked for the extra episode which I'm very grateful for, but unfortunately the broadcast episode is no longer available on BBC Sounds or iPlayer... does anyone have a link for it at all?

Thanks for any help, I'm guessing it's not something they'll repeat at this point.

Shhh -
Spoiler alert

Alan Bellamy

Absolutely amazing, thank you so much! Really very grateful, that's made my weekend!

Magnum Valentino

Wikipedia lists a tribute to Felix Dexter in the episode list - anyone have that?  I'd love to hear people saying nice things about him.

the

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on January 28, 2021, 04:40:24 PMWikipedia lists a tribute to Felix Dexter in the episode list - anyone have that?  I'd love to hear people saying nice things about him.

I haven't heard/got it - I had assumed that it was a compilation episode featuring his callers rather than a eulogy, but I could be totally wrong.

The iPlayer ID for it is here anyway: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03mjp26

Apologies for bumping this, but could anyone be kind enough to reupload the lockdown episode? The old link expired and I only just found out that this episode existed. Thanks!

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: TomWaitsForNoMan on October 13, 2021, 07:09:21 PM
Apologies for bumping this, but could anyone be kind enough to reupload the lockdown episode? The old link expired and I only just found out that this episode existed. Thanks!
Just want to credit you on waiting 9 years between posts.

Quote from: jsgibble on October 13, 2021, 07:24:31 PM
https://we.tl/t-5iwp0pTRmi

Thanks very much!

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 13, 2021, 07:19:10 PM
Just want to credit you on waiting 9 years between posts.

I barely post anywhere other than twitter anymore, my apologies

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: TomWaitsForNoMan on October 13, 2021, 07:42:38 PM
Thanks very much!

I barely post anywhere other than twitter anymore, my apologies
Don't apologise, I admire the restraint

Pdine

Does anyone have the original lockdown special handy (not the Sounds extra one)? Thanks if so!