Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:10:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Charlie Brooker - Lockdown Special [split topic]

Started by Tony Yeboah, April 22, 2020, 10:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Jim Bob on May 20, 2020, 02:52:43 PMI only laughed once throughout the entire special; when Cunk chugged a large helping of squirty cream straight from the canister.

"Penfold 2.0" was the bit where I grinned.

Pink Gregory

Quite enjoying this; I was kind of expecting it to be weaker than it's being, but he can still write about as well as he used to, and seeing the progression from February to now is damning in itself.

"China?  That's miiiles away."

Still, I can see it's just a collective tut in the face of a world changing event, not delivering the invective it needs to...but that's not what it's for I suppose.

tao of wub

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on May 18, 2020, 10:03:46 PM
Yes, he finally got his wife out - alas, at the late stage where no rational man would find her desirable

Late to this, but..this comment is indicative of you having some issues, also, it is vile.

I think you would find many rational people who would be happy to admit that they find Konnie Huq more that a little desirable.

Along with her attractive physical appearance, she seems blessed with intelligence and what seems to be a genuine warmth of personality along with a playful sparkling life in her eyes.  All attributes that I have no doubt are thoroughly absent from you. 

Perhaps you should take a long hard look at yourself next time you are able?

She will no doubt continue to be attractive by dint of personality, despite the actions of time on her physical looks.

You make it clear that all that is important for a woman in your world view is the fresh bloom of youth. 

You should seek out and purchase an ageless silicone sex doll for a partner, no doubt it would still possess a tad more humanity that you, but I'm sure your ego could cope?

As for the special, a bit hard to watch as it had so much Bozo in it.  I usually employ Make America Kittens Again to protect me from photos of his smug leering face, but it does not have a function for video.  Shame.

I agree with the spotty twerps on that one. Felicity Kendal Konnie Huq is sweetly pretty!

Sony has got to be pulling our collective leg. A year is a day in Huqland.

Here we are, from this year, unflattering light. Chuck makes a good control, he looks like a slapped pig, but what's that he's clinging on to? A haggard old witch, or a twelve year old cosplaying as shawn the sheep?

phantom_power

Quote from: olliebean on May 19, 2020, 10:52:35 AM
Based on what I have read, the threshold usually used for deciding whether to move someone to intensive care for possible ventilation is that they are receiving about 15l/minute of oxygen. Johnson was receiving 4l/minute.

I think usually people are moved to intensive care when they have an immediate or likely imminent need for it. Johnson appears to have been moved there on the offchance that he might need it at some not especially imminent time. And if he had indeed received ventilation (and I don't think I've seen any suggestion that he did), it's very unlikely he would have recovered so quickly, based on what I have seen doctors and nurses saying about recovery after being on a ventilator.

It is not unreasonable that the Prime Minister have slightly different criteria for being put in intensive care than other people.

Quote from: Rainbow Moses on May 19, 2020, 05:52:44 PM
Yes, you committed the cardinal error of not being politically correct about your political incorrectness.

Yes, damn this board for not responding correctly in your entirely fictitious scenario

olliebean

Quote from: phantom_power on May 26, 2020, 07:27:50 AM
It is not unreasonable that the Prime Minister have slightly different criteria for being put in intensive care than other people.

It is reasonable not to expect him to have markedly different criteria for describing himself as at death's door than other people.

Retinend

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on May 18, 2020, 11:44:45 PMbowls full of good, barely ripe women are being slung into wheelie bins all across the country every day and it's mind boggling.

b-but aren't we living in 2020, the golden age of the MILF?

Beagle 2

I'm surprised by the negative reaction here, I thought it was very strong considering the circumstances in which it was pulled together, all the challenges of remote working and trying to get the tone right while people are dropping dead left right and centre. In fact the only thing I didn't like were the Cunk parts, and I love Cunk. It just seemed out of step here. Shitpeas has more of a COVIDIOT vibe.

Dismaying to see the thread degenerate into all this bollocks.

sambwel

Quote from: Beagle 2 on May 26, 2020, 02:41:55 PM
In fact the only thing I didn't like were the Cunk parts, and I love Cunk.

Oddly I was the a bit the opposite - never enjoyed Cunk but she made me laugh this time because of the sheer absurdity of the context (it was a weak note for the show to end on, though).

Buelligan

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on May 18, 2020, 10:03:46 PM
Yes, he finally got his wife out - alas, at the late stage where no rational man would find her desirable, though maybe that's the point.

Is it too late to say, I hope an animal or person, bites off your penis and testes and chews, then spits the gristle into a burning museum?  I'm sorry, I missed this post when you made it. 

phantom_power

I am afraid he has put in a request to have his account deactivated so may not see your reply. Please send it to his PO Box instead

Buelligan

It's the thought that counts.  I've sent it out, hopefully, it'll arrive.  I'm happy with that.