Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:05:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Soap - The Complete First Season

Started by Pinball, February 25, 2004, 09:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

At last - it's here! One of the best sitcoms out of the US, along with "Married with children" and CYE. I bought the 2 "best of" tapes years ago from the US, but now here's the real deal - 25 eps in S1 :-)

Roll on series 2-4...

king mob

Is this R2, i saw the R1 versions ages ago so its nice if its finally over here?

Pinball

Quote from: "king mob"Is this R2, i saw the R1 versions ages ago so its nice if its finally over here?
R1 only, released 16 September 2003 (though I've only just noticed it!).

king mob

Ah well, i might get it once i get the wad of dosh i'm owed from work.

rupert pupkin

I had fond memories of Soap from when I was a kid, but suspected the show probably hadn't aged very well. I was wrong, the DVD is very, very funny. Great characters too (Burt Campbell, Chester Tate, Chuck & Bob etc).

king mob

I seem to remember the first series being fantastic but hard to follow (it was constantly shunted about the schedules in Scotland), the later series were not as good sadly.

I seem to remember there being some fuss over the Billy Crystal character being gay but it was so bloody long ago.

Bollocks i'm going to buy this now.