Author Topic: Baseball ‘20 vs COVID-19  (Read 943 times)

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
Re: Baseball ‘20 vs COVID-19
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2020, 08:22:43 PM »
Game of the day, the Yankees (*spit*) come to town back in 2009

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YfTeD5eKiVk

Halladay of course a terrific pitcher, but this was an absolute gem. It’s great to watch a master in their prime go to work, I could watch him pitch all day - nice short windup and that tremendous cutter. A very smart player and courteous professional.

Some things never change, crowd looked lower than the times we were there. Those two old ladies were missing too.

FerriswheelBueller

• CaB rear of the year 2020
  • Silver Member
  • Take it easy, but take it.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2020, 07:45:20 PM »
Ferris’ game of the day

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UEvh6OpewLE

I remember the first game of baseball I ever watched on October 24, 2012 because I remember seeing Tim Lincecum throw 2 1/3 and look absolutely dominant. I had no idea what the hell was going on, but I remember liking what I saw.

That’s an absolute gem, from the following 2013 season. Big Time Timmy Jim is the kind of player I like, sort of weird looking underdog who pitches smart with that wonky delivery. It’s a cool Giants team as well, noted oddball Hunter Pence in the outfield and Pablo Sandoval from back before he became a punchline.

I’m cleaning the kitchen with this on. Lovely stuff.

FerriswheelBueller

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2020, 08:08:55 PM »
This game is just lovely. I don’t know who the colour commentators are (and they’ll never top Buck Martinez and Pat Tabler, the Jays’ regular guys), but they have the same gentle, low-stakes self-deprecating conversational style that is so nice to listen to. It’s like the radio, but it’s your two favourite uncles and they don’t play records. Little jokes, telling old yarns, stumbling over names.

No other sport in the world has this. It’s one of the things that makes baseball so special (to me, anyway).

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2020, 08:11:21 PM »
I thought you had rage quit to write your book?

FerriswheelBueller

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2020, 08:49:12 PM »
I thought you had rage quit to write your book?

I’d never rage quit baseball

Tags: