Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:41:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cook'd and Bomb'd Mafia Mafia Day 6

Started by MSG, May 03, 2020, 09:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSG

In the early dawn, fog lies heavy on the ground. Overnight, from the streets, awful sounds were heard, again. Shouts. A gunshot. Cries of pain. Cries for help. Cries that, in a town locked down with fear, with its doctor and policeman dead, went unanswered.

As light starts to penetrate the early morning gloom, you venture out of your villa and down through the empty streets to the town square. There you find another scene of carnage.

Spoiler alert
DrGreggles
[close]
is slumped against the wall of the trattoria, dark blood staining his white shirt, and pooling on the cobblestones. Just below his heart, a knife still protrudes.

His blood trail leads you to the centre of the square, by the fountain, where you find the body of
Spoiler alert
earl_sleek
[close]
, dead from a single gunshot. The entry wound is just above his eyes and the bullet has taken a large chunk of his cranium as it exited.

What now?

Spoiler alert
DrGreggles
[close]
was
Spoiler alert
Town Vigilante
[close]

Spoiler alert
earl_sleek
[close]
was
Spoiler alert
the last Mafia Goon
[close]

Spoiler alert
Which means that...
[close]

Spoiler alert
having removed the last threat...
[close]

Spoiler alert
the winners of the inaugural Cook'd and Bomb'd  Mafia game...
[close]

Spoiler alert
who earn all the praise and accolades...
[close]

Spoiler alert
are...
[close]

Spoiler alert
the Town Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[close]

gib

MSG

Great game guys, very exciting. Thank you for organising it nd takeing your time to moderate it.

gib

congrats to

Flouncer
DrGreggles
Danger Man
Cerys
rue the polywhirl
Jim Bob
shiftwork2
Buelligan
Prison Biscuits
Delete Delete Delete
kittens
pancreas

gib

special thanks to earl_sleek for subbing into a tough position

Jim Bob

MSG

Jim Bob

Somehow I survived and only got nominated once throughout the entire game!

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 03, 2020, 09:54:39 PM
Great game guys, very exciting. Thank you for organising it nd takeing your time to moderate it.

Aye, thank you gib/MSG.  Great fun.

MSG

Last men standing
8   Jim Bob   Vanilla Townie
11   Prison Biscuits   Vanilla Townie

(I thought I should post this otherwise Jim Bob would still be suspicious of Prison Biscuits :p)

Danger Man

Wow...the townies played terribly but still got the win!

Yes!

I push my repaired boat into the sun flecked waters of the still bay. Gianna wades out to me and climbs in.

"Where to?" she asks.

"Anywhere" I say. "Anywhere, but here."

I bring the oars up and we sail away...

Thanks Gib and MSG. That was a laugh, and I can't believe I survived to the end.

gib

Quote from: Danger Man on May 03, 2020, 10:00:31 PM
Wow...the townies played terribly but still got the win!

i think when you announced you had viewed Blodders the wind went out of scum's sails

Hang on a second, if earl sleek was the last mafia, and Dr Greggles was the vigilante, how did they both get killed?

Danger Man

Quote from: MSG on May 03, 2020, 09:58:05 PM
Mafia Mafia team Writeboard
https://123.writeboard.com/finm6g2oo6jjk5fyoxvez88w
Password: Almerta

Interesting. The mafia thought I was the vigilante and were just about to whack me when Delete popped up and scared the shit out of them.

That bought me the extra day I needed before making my sermon on the mount.

gib

Quote from: Prison Biscuits on May 03, 2020, 10:06:41 PM
Hang on a second, if earl sleek was the last mafia, and Dr Greggles was the vigilante, how did they both get killed?

we play to this site's rules

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Natural_Action_Resolution

QuoteKilling

Killing doesn't stop the actions of the dead player. (Imagine that all kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.) This means that kills generally do not affect other actions for the purpose of the Golden Rule. One exception is with combinations like Kill versus Recruit; in this case, the kill prevents the recruitment, but the recruitment does not prevent the kill, so by the Golden Rule the kill happen first and the player flips with (and wins with) their old alignment.

gib

Quote from: Danger Man on May 03, 2020, 10:08:53 PM
Interesting. The mafia thought I was the vigilante and were just about to whack me when Delete popped up and scared the shit out of them.

That bought me the extra day I needed before making my sermon on the mount.

it's a tough call knowing when to out as Cop, but you were both lucky and pretty good at it

Danger Man

Quote from: gib on May 03, 2020, 10:11:28 PM
it's a tough call knowing when to out as Cop, but you were both lucky and pretty good at it

Thanks. It looks like everybody thought I was the vigilante because Buelligan got murdered on day one.

A useful tip for future games is that the game world might not reflect what happens on the CaB forums.

MSG

Quote from: gib on May 03, 2020, 10:04:57 PM
i think when you announced you had viewed Blodders the wind went out of scum's sails
that and the d3 last-minute DDD pile-on to save BlodwynPig. tactically earl and Angrew would have got more town cred by staying on PB or switching to BP; instead you all but outed yourselves as scum

game threads
d1 https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,79736.0.html
d2 https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,79781.0.html
d3 https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,79810.0.html
d4 https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,79844.0.html
d5 https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,79890.0.html

Its a great touch have the ghost and mafia boards too, gives you a great insight to what was going on. Its amazing how close I got by using some shakey logic. The idea was to post soemthing that could kinda stand up if no one looked too closely and see how people would respond. It was also on day 3 i became very wary of pile ons and decided to take people at their word, which is why my vote kept flip flopping. danger Man and Dr Greggles played a blinder too, gettign theri shit together at exactly the right time.

gib

special mention to rue the polywhirl on day 4

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on May 01, 2020, 12:20:53 AM
I'd say that based on last nights voting patterns just before the strike of nightfall it's pretty much cast-iron guaranteed that Blodwyn Pig is Mafioso. We also have to be suspectful of Andrew Lloyd Webber and earl_sleek because they aligned their vote from prison biscuits to delete literally in the last second which had the effect of miraculously saving blodywn. Danger Man and Dr Greggles seem quite evidently to be decent townsfolk and Greggle's sleuthings have been quite fair to be honest. Simply put, the rest of us need to work together to get rid of the evil, ultraviolent blodders and then we can sort out the riff raff maffia later.

I'd like to know what made Dr Greggles take out Hedgehog90.

MSG

The living   Votes   
8   Jim Bob   Vanilla Townie   
11   Prison Biscuits   Vanilla Townie   

How they died      
1   Flouncer   Vanilla Townie   Scum-killed night 3
2   hedgehog90   Mafia Don   Vig-killed night 3
3   DrGreggles   Town Vigilante   Scum-killed night 5
4   Danger Man   Town Cop   Scum-killed night 4
5   Cerys   Vanilla Townie   Lynched day 2
6   rue the polywhirl   Vanilla Townie   Vig-killed night 4
7   Angrew Lloyg Wegger   Mafia Goon   Lynched day 5
9   shiftwork2   Vanilla Townie   Scum / vig-killed night 2
10   Buelligan   Vanilla Townie   Scum-killed night 1
12   Delete Delete Delete   Vanilla Townie   Lynched day 3
13   kittens   Town Doctor   Lynched day 1
14   pancreas   Vanilla Townie   Vig-killed night 1
15   earl_sleek   Mafia Goon   Vig-killed night 5
16   BlodwynPig   Mafia Goon   Lynched day 4

Question can the Vig abstain from Killing?

chveik

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 03, 2020, 09:58:37 PM
Somehow I survived and only got nominated once throughout the entire game!

you were very close to let the mafia win with your Biscuits obsession

DrGreggles

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 03, 2020, 10:18:43 PM
I'd like to know what made Dr Greggles take out Hedgehog90.

Research! (Some of it yours and DM's)

To be honest, I didn't read the rules until day 3, by which point I'd already offed 2 Townies...

But, once I understood what I was meant to do, I worked out the most likely 5 (of which one was another Townie that I killed).
The only one of those 5 still standing tonight was earl_sleak, who I managed to shoot while I was getting stabbed (or something).

Danger Man

Thanks MSG/gib, it was far more interesting than I expected!

I'd like to watch a second game, if one happens.

gib

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 03, 2020, 10:26:03 PM
Question can the Vig abstain from Killing?

Yes.

QuoteDRGreggles, you are Town Vigilante. Each night phase you can target 1 player to be night-killed.

Just send me (or gib) a Private Message nominating which player you would like to eviscerate.

During the day you play as a normal Townie.

You win when all threats to Town have been removed.

'can' as opposed to 'must'