Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:59:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Last Dance (Chicago Bulls documentary)

Started by Smeraldina Rima, May 04, 2020, 02:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Fuck me Jordan seems utterly insufferable.

peanutbutter

As far as I'm aware this is a documentary where Jordan pretty much had right to the final cut too

Haven't seen the final two yet, not sure what I've to look forward to until lockdown ends once I finish this :(

Cardenio I

Yeah, I read a Guardian article before watching this where it suggested that the whole series was a whitewash because Jordan got the final cut. Which is remarkable because I've spent the whole thing thinking he's a dreadful bastard, albeit a magnetic one.

The example they used was in relation to the "Republicans buy sneakers too" moment and his refusal to endorse that black candidate against the segregationist dude - an aspect which I thought showed Jordan in a pretty poor light despite Obamas circular non-explanations for why it's fine to be non-political but also it isn't.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Cardenio I on May 18, 2020, 03:08:11 PM
Yeah, I read a Guardian article before watching this where it suggested that the whole series was a whitewash because Jordan got the final cut. Which is remarkable because I've spent the whole thing thinking he's a dreadful bastard, albeit a magnetic one.
Get the impression he's taken a mindset of "I don't care if this doc makes me look unlikeable, once it lets everyone know I am the best, if it has to make me look like a prick to do that believably then I'm okay with that"

The example they used was in relation to the "Republicans buy sneakers too" moment and his refusal to endorse that black candidate against the segregationist dude - an aspect which I thought showed Jordan in a pretty poor light despite Obamas circular non-explanations for why it's fine to be non-political but also it isn't.
Did I rant about that already in the thread? Annoyed me far more than anything Jordan done in the doc tbh

thugler

This was at times really good, but was strictly a sports doc really. Nothing close to the quality of the OJ one.

Also felt like it didn't go into certain issues nearly enough, would have preferred it to be chronological as well, got confusing at times as to which set of playoffs we were watching. By the end felt like a bit of an anticlimax.

peanutbutter

Last episode was really bad, wasn't it? Having already ran through basically everything of interest they just went full on into an MJ promo. I gather Scottie Pippen is unhappy with how he was portrayed in the doc and I really can't blame him, he's repeatedly presented as a guy who fails at key moments in some way or another.

Phil Jackson doesn't half come across as a cult leader, does he?

Dex Sawash

Quote from: peanutbutter on May 22, 2020, 06:27:36 PM

Phil Jackson doesn't half come across as a cult leader, does he?

Wife is in his cult, has his books, etc