Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:56:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party discussion: "Shouting Starmer Starmer Starmer mega mega white man!"

Started by Blinder Data, May 04, 2020, 05:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: dunelm on May 23, 2020, 11:48:24 AM
Yep, keep up the ad homs. Yet another that has nothing.

what about this leaked video that should bring down the Labour Party? any opinion?

jobotic

Quote from: Buelligan on May 23, 2020, 11:24:52 AM
Can you explain why charging taxpayers an extra 70 hours' work pa to use something, a human right, all other taxpayers get for free, based entirely on where they come from, isn't racist?

Still no answer.

Just ad homs because we like wanking each other off which is LEGAL

The Culture Bunker

I recently had to pay this NHS surcharge thing for my wife's visa process, three years up front. Does anybody know when they introduced it, or has it been around since 1945? 

I'm not sure if it's "racist"... at worst, just a way of making quick cash out of people that you can use taxation excuses for.

Buelligan

It came in in 2015 as part of the Immigration Act 2014.

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on May 23, 2020, 11:48:36 AM
Chomsky on Corbyn and The Labour Leaks:

https://www.thecanary.co/trending/2020/05/21/it-took-chomsky-just-a-minute-to-cover-the-labour-leaks-scandal-better-than-the-bbc-has-in-over-a-month/

Yep, Noam can see right through the hypocrisy and BS.

Yes, a great lad.  And what can be done about the BBC?  It's genuinely worrying.  Did you see Novara last night, in the first part of the show they were talking about the BBC's piece on the economic fallout resulting from lockdown.  Worth watching if you haven't seen it already.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on May 23, 2020, 11:58:09 AM
I recently had to pay this NHS surcharge thing for my wife's visa process, three years up front. Does anybody know when they introduced it, or has it been around since 1945? 

I'm not sure if it's "racist"... at worst, just a way of making quick cash out of people that you can use taxation excuses for.

My wife got British Citizenship recently but they still haven't refunded the surcharge, which happens after getting ILR. She's fucked off now, but I'm still pissed at the Government.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on May 23, 2020, 11:58:19 AM
It came in in 2015 as part of the Immigration Act 2014.

Yes, a great lad.  And what can be done about the BBC?  It's genuinely worrying.  Did you see Novara last night, in the first part of the show they were talking about the BBC's piece on the economic fallout resulting from lockdown.  Worth watching if you haven't seen it already.

Don't couch your words - please speak plainly and openly as you can about the BBC. Meadway is top notch on this - and Bastani (slightly less so) - if their voices don't gain traction to a wider audience, ours certainly won't, but its worth cutting deep rather than pin pricking when it comes to the DISGRACE the BBC has become over the last 23 years

Buelligan

I really don't know what to say about the BBC.  I was talking to a friend, a reporter for Le Monde, a couple of months ago about the media and who can be trusted.  They were genuinely gobsmacked when I said I viewed the BBC as a poisoned fount of propaganda.  They put bromide in our news now.

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on May 23, 2020, 11:58:09 AM

Would you be more comfortable if I called it Nationalist?

Paul Calf

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 23, 2020, 12:15:38 PM
My wife got British Citizenship recently but they still haven't refunded the surcharge, which happens after getting ILR. She's fucked off now, but I'm still pissed at the Government.

What were her reasons for leaving you BlodwynPig?

chveik

Quote from: Buelligan on May 23, 2020, 12:18:49 PM
I really don't know what to say about the BBC.  I was talking to a friend, a reporter for Le Monde, a couple of months ago about the media and who can be trusted.  They were genuinely gobsmacked when I said I viewed the BBC as a poisoned fount of propaganda.  They put bromide in our news now.

maybe they genuinely believe that what they're doing his partial. I know Le Monde can be pretty scummy at times.

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Centrists are terrified to learn that the crutches they rely on and shape their view of the world may be mendacious bad faith actors. Their reaction to it is, as it often is, to simply paint anyone from the right or left as extremists.

jobotic

At some point the media attacks on Starmer will begin. Wait to see their little centrist faces when this happens.

We cheered when you did this to Corbyn....but why? Why have you turned on us?

Buelligan

Quote from: chveik on May 23, 2020, 12:40:47 PM

maybe they genuinely believe that what they're doing his partial. I know Le Monde can be pretty scummy at times.

I'm afraid my hovercraft is full of eels on this occasion.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Buelligan on May 23, 2020, 08:15:21 AM
I think it's good but would like to see someone raising the question of why it's reasonable to charge people, people who are paying tax like any other person, an additional and sizable tax purely based on where they come from.  It seems racist.

How would it be if everyone from Kent (we all know they're cunts) had to stump up an extra 70 hours pay, annually, to have protection under the law or drive on public roads?  Somehow it smells of something very dark and nationalistic, almost like the thin end of a terrifying wedge.  Labour need to step up on this, they really do.

And what about the non-doms?  Definitely needs scrutiny.

It's not. I'm sure there are others, but the only person I've seen use this decision as a vehicle to abolish the rest of it is Diane Abbott.

Personally I think all this fawning over a caveat is misrepresenting inadequate change as a total victory and I worry it's going to be a common theme in Starmer's tenure.

chveik

Quote from: Buelligan on May 23, 2020, 01:39:33 PM
I'm afraid my hovercraft is full of eels on this occasion.

sorry I meant 'is impartial'. that was a particulary shit post, even by my standards :(

Buelligan

Ah, thank you, yes, I'm sure they do but it really surprised me that someone working in that sphere, at that level (and they're not doing favourite frocks or beach holidays in Mongolia, they cover world news) would take the BBC as trustworthy.  It actually disturbed me quite a lot.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 23, 2020, 12:52:31 PM
You caught her eye.

Hehehe. Unfortunately a lot of young thai girls look at englishmen for a way out and often it all ends in tears once they've achieved ILR status. Sorry for you BlodwynPig 🙂

dunelm

Quote from: phantom_power on May 23, 2020, 03:17:11 PM
OK, you are a cunt as well as a dunce

There's that kinder, gentler politics again!

Got to hand it to you, you're as inarticulate as you are repetitive. Anything more than a four letter word seems to trouble you.

Sebastian Cobb

jobotic

You going to answer the question you've ben asked four times dunelm or are you unable to?

Or maybe keep ad homming

BlodwynPig

Quote from: dunelm on May 23, 2020, 07:11:53 PM
There's that kinder, gentler politics again!

Got to hand it to you, you're as inarticulate as you are repetitive. Anything more than a four letter word seems to trouble you.

has politics ever alluded to being kind or gentle? It never has and never will be. However, politics can be supportive, progressive and a good listener if it wants to be.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Just ignore him, Jesus. This has gone from being one of the most intelligent, thoughtful corners of the web to one of the most idiotic and reactionary. I've been posting on breakbeat/dnb forums the past week, and it's amazing how much more considered the conversation is. These are people who consider sporting Adidas sloth-wear the height of fashion ffs. Raise your game Cabbers.

dunelm

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 23, 2020, 07:33:13 PM
has politics ever alluded to being kind or gentle?

The man who's words you hang off soo slavishly, soo unconditionally. 

BlodwynPig