Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:03:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party discussion: "Shouting Starmer Starmer Starmer mega mega white man!"

Started by Blinder Data, May 04, 2020, 05:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Bad faith is a bit harsh. I think I've been pretty transparent.

Someone was accusing me of being some sexually dubious chap who used to be on here a few weeks ago. I don't know any more about it than that. I've only had the one account, read lots of stuff on here without contributing.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

king_tubby

Rosie Duffield resigns then. Can't complain considering she basically shat all over the hard work the left did to get her elected as soon as she got her snout in the trough.

Lockdown pantsdown strikes again.

jobotic

This why Starmer has been quiet on the Cummings front?

She's got Johnson off the hook now, Good work. Always the centrists...

idunnosomename

oh jesus the canterbury cunt? fuckin hell. can i point out her purple legs? fuck it she has purple legs

kittens

what was it she said about corbs. i remember being very cross after all my hard work and she goes do a poo poo on it

kittens

Buelligan

She's an absolute fuck, up there with McNichol and Oldknow in the panoply.

Quote from: KentOnline on 19 December 2019Despite bucking the national trend to increase her majority, MP Rosie Duffield has already faced strong criticism from her constituency association chairman.

In an email to local Labour members in Canterbury, seen by KentOnline, Ben Hickman blasts the victorious candidate's conduct during the election campaign.

He references comments made by Ms Duffield on ITV's Peston programme on the eve of the election which labelled the election campaign a "disgraceful race to the bottom" and predicted a Tory majority.

He adds: "How this was supposed to help secure a Labour government, let alone stop a hard Brexit, is hard to imagine - as is how it must have made Labour activists feel up and down the country."

Mr Hickman identifies "areas for reflection", including "showing unity with the national campaign".

In apparent criticism of Ms Duffield advocating tactical voting, he adds: "Our candidate repeatedly called for votes against Labour candidates. In one instance, a week before polling day, we heard from Rosie that Jeremy Corbyn was 'unfit to be Prime Minister' and that Labour candidates should only be supported 'in exceptional circumstances'."

He says the association refrained from making any public statements at the time "to allow us the best chance of winning locally...but clearly they need to be addressed".

It really galls me to think we lost people like Piddock whilst cunts like this smarmed through.  Now is the time, well in advance of an election, when discipline should be brought to bear and useless, harmful, disloyal, Swinson's ousted.  Fuck me, we could do better, much better, without them.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/news/labour-chairman-blasts-victorious-mp-over-campaign-conduct-218785/

king_tubby

Aw, all Tom Watson's hard work ensuring Tory governments and they reward him by rejecting a peerage.

pancreas

Quote from: king_tubby on May 31, 2020, 06:29:31 PM
Aw, all Tom Watson's hard work ensuring Tory governments and they reward him by rejecting a peerage.

haha

BlodwynPig

Nominated by Corbyn, as well as Murphy and Bercow (also both rejected).

Buelligan

Yeah, apparently the team and No.10 rejected all three on the grounds that they had concerns about their propriety.  And this comes from Number 10.  Home of Boris Johnson.  Workplace of Dominic Cummings.  I fucking know.

Very happy they hate Watson almost as much as I do, mind.  Now, all I want is for them to declare him a terrorist organisation and rendition him, or whatever the fuck they do, to the Americans to serve out his days as a low level Trump arse-whore.  There, I've said it.

king_tubby

Buelligan

Blumf

Well, seeing as it's quiet here...

Quiet enjoying Steve Bell's take on Sir Keir, portraying him as a passive gentleman's gentleman to boorish twit Johnson:

https://www.belltoons.co.uk/bellworks/index.php/if/2020/8180-180520_HERETOSERVE

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Heh.

Would share but I don't think I have spare time to deal with the minority of fervent Starmer supporters I know who would be mega defensive.

idunnosomename

he's been tweeting about the BAME covid report, fair dos, but nothing on the travesty of democracy that happened in Westminster today

greenman

Even from a cynical stand point I think Starmer softy softy approach is a big mistake, its allowing the Tories to turn this into a WW2/Blitz spirit event that's going to be very hard to challenge in the future unless things go totally tits up.

Were the WW2 comparison(at least the oen trying to be made) obviously falls down in that there's no unity government on offer here, this is still a small clique of idealogs in charge.

Paul Calf

It's very like the lead-up to WWII in many ways as long as you remember that we're not necessarily roleplaying the Allies this time.

BlodwynPig

Starmer must step aside. He's been a catastrophe for the Labour Party.

greencalx

He's taken a stand today, but with the polls sliding you'd have thought he'd be making an effort to look authoritative in a crisis.

Danger Man

QuoteBoris Johnson says he would 'willingly' offer THREE MILLION people from Hong Kong visa-free refuge in the UK if China erodes human rights in the former British colony

Giving 3 million Chinese people a visa could see the Tory vote drop to just over 40%

Fambo Number Mive

Mentioned the HOC voting scandal, which was good. Be nice if he did it earlier.

Did Johnson have more Tories behind him than previous weeks? I didn't watch it, I followed the liveblog.

olliebean

Johnson said something about it being reasonable to expect MPs to come back and do their jobs, which is a massive insult to all the MPs who have been doing their jobs in their constituencies and by video link to Westminster.

Johnny Yesno