Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,469
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:16:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party discussion: "Shouting Starmer Starmer Starmer mega mega white man!"

Started by Blinder Data, May 04, 2020, 05:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

Dig at the government over pubs opening which can be seen as a dig at Starmer's 'I agree with easing lockdown' stance.

I may be reaching, but this coupled with the week of silence...hmmm.

pancreas

Buelligan

chveik

Buelligan

Well, until we've all walked a day in her shoes, we'll never understand.  Not doing that, my walk to work's miles and miles, over rough ground.  And I had to climb an unsecured scaffold tower last week.  Like a rat up a drainpipe, I was, but not in those heels.

Sebastian Cobb

lol yes I thought that was great too!

I actually posted a full-length grab of that and deliberately included it when I posted it to another forum. The resident centrists made a point of not finding it funny.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Nice joke.

Have to see it will be interesting to see how many of the centrists that called the left 'joyless die hards' etc cope with this sort of thing. Guessing not well. Guessing hanging off the 2019 result that they helped created through using Remain as a suicide bombing campaign.

holyzombiejesus

Pleased to see that Dodds was (tentatively) calling for a tax on the wealthy and bigging up the green deal today.

Christ, how sad that those crumbs are being fallen upon with such relief.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 03, 2020, 10:10:58 PM
Pleased to see that Dodds was (tentatively) calling for a tax on the wealthy and bigging up the green deal today.

Christ, how sad that those crumbs are being fallen upon with such relief.

Too late...Boris calling No Deal a "good thing" today...spells the end of politics

pigamus

For five years you saw the argument over and over again that there was no going back to beige centrism, and that anybody who thought that was ever going to happen was deluding themselves. Seems like a cruel joke now.

NoSleep

king_tubby

Sebastian Cobb

As someone else pointed out, a lot of this seems to be down to ill-judged hubris.

Buelligan

Quote from: king_tubby on July 04, 2020, 12:54:17 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/keir-starmer-labour-racist-sexist-whatsapp-messages-nec-a9600996.html

Keir Starmer faces backlash from Labour's ruling committee after party defends 'racist, sexist and abusive' WhatsApp messages

QuoteStatement prepared by party lawyers said criticism was 'po-faced'...

That's a legal opinion, is it?  GTF.

Buelligan

2231 votes, that gets.  That would've won us the 2017 election if only Corbyn hadn't been so fucking po-faced.

olliebean

Quote from: king_tubby on July 04, 2020, 12:54:17 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/keir-starmer-labour-racist-sexist-whatsapp-messages-nec-a9600996.html

Keir Starmer faces backlash from Labour's ruling committee after party defends 'racist, sexist and abusive' WhatsApp messages

Quote"These were messages exchanged between co-workers in the expectation that they would remain private and confidential and the tone of the language used reflects that."

Oh, so racist, sexist and abusive language in private is absolutely fine, then?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: olliebean on July 04, 2020, 01:46:41 PM
Oh, so racist, sexist and abusive language in private is absolutely fine, then?

I find it odd they were so comfortable using it. Not that they actually did it, that they thought they could do it without it occurring to them they might get grassed, as they themselves are snivelling grasses.

olliebean

I find it odd that the defence basically amounts to "It shouldn't be a problem that our people express utterly abhorrent opinions, as long as they only do so in private." With a sprinkling of "It's just banter, innit?" thrown in for good measure.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: olliebean on July 04, 2020, 01:59:24 PM
I find it odd that the defence basically amounts to "It shouldn't be a problem that our people express utterly abhorrent opinions, as long as they only do so in private." With a sprinkling of "It's just banter, innit?" thrown in for good measure.

Obviously, we don't think that. We just hire lawyers that do.

Sebastian Cobb

This from the same group that bought you Corbyn's mosque-based guilt by association.

Johnny Yesno

NoSleep

Bantergate

NoSleep

It's actually the firmest evidence we have of institutional racism within the Labour Party if that's to be accepted as normal.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Buelligan on July 04, 2020, 01:25:10 PM
2231 votes, that gets.  That would've won us the 2017 election if only Corbyn hadn't been so fucking po-faced.

Labour were a few thousand votes from having as many seats as the Tories, which I wouldn't describe as "winning" the election - "drawing", maybe. The Tories would've found a way to hold on anyhow.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 04, 2020, 02:28:52 PM
Labour were a few thousand votes from having as many seats as the Tories, which I wouldn't describe as "winning" the election - "drawing", maybe. The Tories would've found a way to hold on anyhow.

Oh, that's right because the damage these cunts did was exactly the difference between the loss we suffered and a hung parliament. Thanks for the insight, brainiac!

NoSleep

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 04, 2020, 02:28:52 PM

So that excuses them from sabotaging Labour's chances? And denigrating colleagues with abuse behind their backs? Who says Labour would have only drawn without these cunts wilfully assisting the Tories to a win (with the sole aim of ousting Corbyn)?

Blinder Data

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 04, 2020, 02:31:12 PM
Oh, that's right because the damage these cunts did was exactly the difference between the loss we suffered and a hung parliament. Thanks for the insight, brainiac!

My pleasure!

Quote from: NoSleep on July 04, 2020, 02:44:28 PM
So that excuses them from sabotaging Labour's chances? And denigrating colleagues with abuse behind their backs? Who says Labour would have only drawn without these cunts wilfully assisting the Tories to a win (with the sole aim of ousting Corbyn)?

Pointing out that Labour were not a few thousand votes away from successfully forming a government after GE 2017 ≠ excusing Blairite wreckers