Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,468
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:07:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party discussion: "Shouting Starmer Starmer Starmer mega mega white man!"

Started by Blinder Data, May 04, 2020, 05:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Nonetheless you're diminishing the importance of the damage they did. I know that campaigners were sent to shore up anti-Corbyn MPs' constituencies, where those campaigners would have been better deployed in nearby marginals, in anticipation of a total defeat for Corbyn's Labour (all summed up in the disappointment on Kinnock's face).

Buelligan

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 04, 2020, 02:28:52 PM
Labour were a few thousand votes from having as many seats as the Tories, which I wouldn't describe as "winning" the election - "drawing", maybe. The Tories would've found a way to hold on anyhow.

Don't be so fucking po-faced, you literal fool. 

Brave Emily, smiling through the pain, earlier

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on July 04, 2020, 04:26:27 PM
Don't be so fucking po-faced, you literal fool. 

Brave Emily, smiling through the pain, earlier

I found out last night that she has an OBE, how the fuck? the most corrupt thing I have ever heard.

Buelligan

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on July 04, 2020, 04:32:46 PM
It's all dirty and corrupt as fuck old pig.

It is... transparently so. Keir Needs to Step Down now.

If not, he needs to be forcefully removed and his lackeys too. A show of strength. Only this will get through to them, although it may sit uneasy with many "tolerant" types. Would you tolerate a burglar shitting on your finest beige shag? No, you would grab the poker and beat the fucker until he apologised and left.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: pigamus on July 04, 2020, 10:07:22 AM
For five years you saw the argument over and over again that there was no going back to beige centrism, and that anybody who thought that was ever going to happen was deluding themselves. Seems like a cruel joke now.
A cruel joke that I only wish would have the chance to be made again, but there's no way anyone close to as left-wing as Jeremy Corbyn will get within a mile of the Labour leadership.

pigamus

I think the only way we're ever going to get a sniff of power under FPTP is either a tiny majority or some some crappy coalition, and then you get the kind of government that only gets in by the skin of its teeth, has no real power, doesn't change anything, pleases nobody. Fuck knows what the answer is.

Twit 2

idunnosomename

i may never vote again after this. i will just urinate on emblems of authority

LIKE MR TONY BLAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's fair to say that Labour were seven seats away from being able to form a government. But they weren't seven seats away from enacting the 2017 Labour manifesto. Not going to pretend to know what Farron, Blackford et al would have wanted in exchange for not voting Labour down, but there would have been demands.

peanutbutter

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 04, 2020, 04:31:11 PM
I found out last night that she has an OBE, how the fuck? the most corrupt thing I have ever heard.
Have you ever seen how many people get OBEs? It's gotta be overwhelmingly network based

She would have been nominated by the LOTO, political honours for Labour staff are his responsiblity.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Wacky Homemade Badges on July 05, 2020, 11:57:40 AM
She would have been nominated by the LOTO, political honours for Labour staff are his responsiblity.

Corbs is a disgrace!

Well, I'm sure it wasn't his idea or that he's happy about it, but his sign off is what made it happen.

It's possible I suppose that the honours for Oldknow and Heneghan were part of the McNicol exit deal agreed with Corbyn.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Wacky Homemade Badges on July 05, 2020, 11:48:03 AM
I think it's fair to say that Labour were seven seats away from being able to form a government. But they weren't seven seats away from enacting the 2017 Labour manifesto. Not going to pretend to know what Farron, Blackford et al would have wanted in exchange for not voting Labour down, but there would have been demands.

Yeah, but I don't think it's fair to say that without staffers actively working against the party that Labour would have gained exactly seven seats and no more. We'll never know how much damage those cunts did, of course, but it's misleading for people to keep repeating it like it's established fact.

Buelligan

Quote from: Wacky Homemade Badges on July 05, 2020, 11:48:03 AM

Also, please don't use et al.  It just sounds awful, like a barely literate police officer (apologies if you are one, obvs).

Sebastian Cobb

Lisa Nandy appears on right-wing radio station Times Radio to get berated for not supporting right wing media enough.
https://twitter.com/timesradio/status/1279730716662734849

In many ways a fitting punishment for someone who spent a considerable amount of time appearing on the radio to shit-talk labour without offering anything towards the end of Corbyn's tenure.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 05, 2020, 05:03:53 PM
Lisa Nandy appears on right-wing radio station Times Radio to get berated for not supporting right wing media enough.
https://twitter.com/timesradio/status/1279730716662734849

In many ways a fitting punishment for someone who spent a considerable amount of time appearing on the radio to shit-talk labour without offering anything towards the end of Corbyn's tenure.

Urgh! Still propagating the 'where's the money going to come from?' myth regarding the furlough scheme and the benefits system.

Quote from: Buelligan on July 05, 2020, 03:55:49 PM
Also, please don't use et al.  It just sounds awful, like a barely literate police officer (apologies if you are one, obvs).

Haha. Unnecessarily rude, really. I'll take your style notes UNDER ADVISEMENT.

Pink Gregory

From 'oh, a leadership candidate, okay' to 'oh fuck oh no shes insane'

Quote from: Buelligan on July 05, 2020, 06:15:11 PM
Not unnecessarily, I assure you.

Oh right. Well you could try being funny when you're rude, that et al thing was just weird.

Sebastian Cobb

Yes, I'm willing to concede it could've been worse than Starmer.

Could've been much better too, obvs.

Buelligan

Quote from: Wacky Homemade Badges on July 05, 2020, 07:41:12 PM
Oh right. Well you could try being funny when you're rude, that et al thing was just weird.

Fuck off :)

Happy now?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on July 05, 2020, 10:50:45 PM
Fuck off :)

Happy now?

Hold on, picking at people's Latin then grumpy abuse - are you Giles Coren?