Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:05:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party discussion: "Shouting Starmer Starmer Starmer mega mega white man!"

Started by Blinder Data, May 04, 2020, 05:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Fucking funnelling member's money to Mark Lewis. Why does anyone stay?

What's creepy about Nutt's post? She doing that thing that Dorries does of claiming that anyone who disagrees with her is a stalker?

Buelligan

Dunno, maybe they have some history but that sounds, on the face of it, like Duffield has an alcohol issue.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 23, 2020, 10:16:42 AM
Can we go on the offensive? Fuck Ware and his SS handlers

Sharing ATAB's link and donating, if you can, is one way of going on the offensive.  Show them that there's genuine support, energy and the intention not to take any of this lying down.

Quote from: NoSleep on July 23, 2020, 09:58:39 AM
Judicious usage of face masks but little sign of social distancing. I just realised that I picked up the catchphrase "OK, let's go!" from this tune.

:)  OK, let's go and not give up.  Inside or outside, let's GO!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: jobotic on July 23, 2020, 10:47:07 AM
Fucking funnelling member's money to Mark Lewis. Why does anyone stay?

What's creepy about Nutt's post? She doing that thing that Dorries does of claiming that anyone who disagrees with her is a stalker?

it was in response to this https://twitter.com/Kizwiz6/status/1285233807721889793

Which is only creepy if you consider searching someone's public twitter timeline to point out hypocrisy creepy.

EOLAN

Looking at Rosie Duffield's responses to her tweets.

Either she is very sensitive and can't take the mildest of reasoned criticisms without feeling completely aggrieved and suggesting bullying to some jokes of her policy in a public discussion platform where she is trying to promote it. Claiming sexism as a reason against people who have defended the likes of Dianne Abbott, Maxine Peake and RLB recently. If this is all genuine she certainly doesn't seem to be set up for national politics.

Alternatively; she is being insincere and cynical just trying to create a vibe that she is being attacked to drum up a support base against her; reaching beyond what her natural base should be and gaining sympathy from enemies of the people she is highlighting as being enemies to her. In which case; she is going to be Shadow Home Secretary or maybe the actual thing in a few years.

I may actually lean towards the former for now.

jobotic

She's just a powerful person laughing at the less powerful. And being shocked at their insolence if they stand up to her.

idunnosomename

Shes also grossly incompetent, and not really intellectually equipped to react beyond a single emoticon

BlodwynPig

Ghostly Pale

Quote from: jobotic on July 23, 2020, 10:11:56 AM
Apparently so. For JC's Facebook post. Which was his opinion. I shared it too, so will I be liable?

They really want him to be silent don't they? I don't think they'll settle for anything less than suicide.

Does anyone have any theories why Ware is crapping on with this libel against Corbyn? I get that Ware probably feels the confidence and impunity of having swathes of the establishment behind him. But still, isnt there a gamble here? Imagine if the libel case against Corbyn fails.  Wouldn't it risk being a real life Wizard of Oz moment for the Beeb and current leadership?

The tiny, crowing, arrogant minds of Hazarika, Philipps, Baddiel, O'Brien etc might well explode.

Or maybe I'm just being Mr.thicky mcthick.

Cuellar

pancreas

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on July 23, 2020, 07:46:50 AM
I just truly cannot imagine this party of cowards appealing to anyone. They're going to go to the way of Scottish Labour. I wasn't keen on Starmer from the moment he started to run for leader, but I accepted he might seem competent to a lot of voters. But, nah... This is going very badly.

Turning themselves into Tory Lite (but with even less apparent vision and ideology than Boris fucking Johnson) is setting up a half-decade of media appearance open goals for any halfway competent Lib Dem.

Ruth Smeeth on C4 news last night being extremely rude about Jeremy Corbyn and attempting to put him and his supporters in their place was horrible to watch. Don't these people realise how bad it looks to diss the direct previous party leader like that? It makes the party look like a total mess.

The extended Ferris family is delighted. They hated Corbyn ("he punishes success") and think Keir is great.

Cue lots of horseshit about "electability" (is he only 8 points behind? Wow!) and Ferris-Prime muting the whatsapp chat.

She (Smeeth) was on News 24 yesterday afternoon, acting like a modern day Anne Frank, finally allowed out of the loft now that Corbyn and his monstrous antisemitic hordes had been ousted. The report before her appearance also failed to mention completely that these people had actively obstructed investigations of antisemitism, purely for factional gain (unless I missed what must have a been very brief mention of it).

It was nauseating.

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on July 22, 2020, 06:29:01 PM
I genuinely don't think I can ever vote Labour again. I'm in a very safe seat so it won't make much difference anyway. But still...
I'm meeting a friend of mine for lunch tomorrow who joined the party to vote Starmer in. It's her birthday as well so I just hope she doesn't start talking about politics or I might tell her what I really think

She didn't mention Starmer once. Even though she's been raving about him for the last few months and even sent me a message the day he got the job expecting me to rejoice at the 'good news' (she knows I'm a Corbyn supporter).

She did mention Nicola Sturgeon though, saying that she wishes she he was Prime Minister. This is someone whose only connection to Scotland is knowing me.

In fact she didn't mention the Labour Party at all either. I wonder if it's occurred to her that she may have made a very big mistake.