Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:54:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

3rd Party Xbox Controllers

Started by BeardFaceMan, May 04, 2020, 06:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeardFaceMan

I'm fed up with buying these shitty Microsoft Xbox One controllers, the build quality is fucking awful and they never last very long. I've got an eye on getting the new Xbox console at the end of the year so don't really want to be spunking away 50 quid on a new Xbox One controller to use for 6 months. So are there any good options for cheaper 3rd party controllers that are actually decent and last a while before they stop working?

QDRPHNC

What on earth are you doing with them?

Jim Bob

Quote from: QDRPHNC on May 04, 2020, 10:56:29 PM

To be fair, it's Microsoft's fault for putting in a built-in vibration function.

Xbox One controllers are forward-compatible with the Xbox Series X, so you'll still be able to use them on your new console.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: QDRPHNC on May 04, 2020, 10:56:29 PM

Using them to play games, funnily enough. The official controllers are notoriously shoddily made, buttons and ports stop working, plastic wearing away on dpads, analogue stick drift etc. They're great to use, not just not very well made.

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on May 05, 2020, 12:48:55 PM
Xbox One controllers are forward-compatible with the Xbox Series X, so you'll still be able to use them on your new console.

That's good news at least, if I can get one in a sale.

peanutbutter

Leapfrogging on this, is there an okayish controller I can get that would work on PS3 and PC without being a big pain for one or the other?

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: peanutbutter on May 05, 2020, 04:05:57 PM
Leapfrogging on this, is there an okayish controller I can get that would work on PS3 and PC without being a big pain for one or the other?

Megadrive one works definitely, a mate who drives a Sierra told me.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on May 05, 2020, 04:19:19 PM
Megadrive one works definitely, a mate who drives a Sierra told me.
Has it got analogue controls?