Author Topic: Gaming Youtube Channels  (Read 3097 times)

Re: Gaming Youtube Channels
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2020, 06:18:58 PM »

« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2020, 11:08:47 PM »
Just came here to mention this one. New video today - The Making of Super Castlevania IV & Bloodlines

His production is fricking brilliant, he never fails to disappoint, great voice too for narration.

Dewt

• The Fun House Grand Prix
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2020, 11:10:49 PM »
I am bad at names so I didn't realise this was somebody I already watch regularly. He is great

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2020, 11:20:59 PM »
Maximilian Dood is great for FGC, predominantly, but lots of other great stuff.

Yeah, Max is good. I like YoVideogames, too, which he's part of.

VegaLA

• Spiritual Demon Warfare
    • The Big Dogz LIVE
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2020, 12:55:58 AM »
My second job!!

My son wants me to edit his gaming vids (Xbox One has made it so much easier to record gaming these days) but I insist on mixing up his YouTube channel with his travelling footage...or something else more creative. He has me doing gaming challenges that to be honest I couldn't really resist!

« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2020, 12:56:39 AM »
Civvie 11's review of Daikatana is up and it's amusingly (yet unsurprisingly) scathing.

I've only played through part of the first chapter and that was more than enough.

Clownbaby

• Toe to tip, this is a Bart
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2020, 02:01:41 PM »
I've been watching OneyPlays and I like the videos but one of the guys has such a muffled, odd voice that I can never understand properly. I always miss the first bit of what he said. It sounds like he's lying face down while speaking or he's holding the mic funny, or using a much worse quality mic. That does my head in a bit but other than that I quite like channel

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2020, 02:33:24 AM »
Writing on Games is pretty good, but he's got the kind of Scottish accent that Limmy would do to parody someone trying to make their accent more understandable to an American audience.

He really does, he's a fan of Limmy too. Wonder if he hears himself in that impression?

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2020, 03:11:50 PM »
Errant Signal does very solid thematic analysis of more recent games, covering bigger titles and (more frequently) under the radar indie titles alike. I find his voice to be utterly lovely also.

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2020, 10:30:48 PM »
An odd one, but if you want to watch someone play Tomb Raider badly, never seeming to learn a thing about how the games work, whilst uttering constant anecdotes that trail off without being returned to for satisfying pay off, then https://www.youtube.com/user/Alonzorion. No idea why these stuck. He really annoyed me, but he had a certain charm.

I mean he's in the fucking Ice Palace and the game presents you with a giant dangly bell in the first room that you have to shoot to open the door to the second room. It was blatantly showing you the fucking mechanism. He does that, then spends about half an hour in a room full of fucking bells and doors going "what do I do? I can find no switches. Maybe if I keep bouncing and dying." Watching hours of that was the closest I've come to leaving a wildly disproportionate death threat in the YouTube comments than anything else. Good times. Gave up though when he walked straight past a lock in Temple of Xian without comment, I knew he was gonna find a key and spend 40 minutes trying to find what the fuck it was for, and my vascular system just wasn't up to it.

samadriel

• WHA' HAPPEN?
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2020, 11:53:20 PM »
An odd one, but if you want to watch someone play Tomb Raider badly, never seeming to learn a thing about how the games work, whilst uttering constant anecdotes that trail off without being returned to for satisfying pay off

« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2020, 01:21:34 AM »
An odd one, but if you want to watch someone play Tomb Raider badly, never seeming to learn a thing about how the games work, whilst uttering constant anecdotes that trail off without being returned to for satisfying pay off, then https://www.youtube.com/user/Alonzorion. No idea why these stuck. He really annoyed me, but he had a certain charm.

I mean he's in the fucking Ice Palace and the game presents you with a giant dangly bell in the first room that you have to shoot to open the door to the second room. It was blatantly showing you the fucking mechanism. He does that, then spends about half an hour in a room full of fucking bells and doors going "what do I do? I can find no switches. Maybe if I keep bouncing and dying." Watching hours of that was the closest I've come to leaving a wildly disproportionate death threat in the YouTube comments than anything else. Good times. Gave up though when he walked straight past a lock in Temple of Xian without comment, I knew he was gonna find a key and spend 40 minutes trying to find what the fuck it was for, and my vascular system just wasn't up to it.

I think I've seen his videos, and TR2 is in my top 10 games list, your description conjured enough horror.

« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2020, 05:39:25 PM »
I love Tomb Raider 2, but have never found a satisfying play through on YouTube that I was able to get into.

Zetetic

• Worrying the carcass of an old song.
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2020, 09:39:30 PM »
I'm glad that this Arkane documentary exists, but Christ I wish it had been made by someone who didn't feel compelled to frequently spatter it with inane bollocks.

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2020, 10:39:46 PM »
theScore esports

Some pretty good videos about EvO Tekken tournaments, this one about an underdog from Pakistan.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i7VnPVzuMto

« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2020, 01:27:43 AM »
I've been watching OneyPlays and I like the videos but one of the guys has such a muffled, odd voice that I can never understand properly. I always miss the first bit of what he said. It sounds like he's lying face down while speaking or he's holding the mic funny, or using a much worse quality mic.

That's his actual speaking voice. I thought he was doing a "bit" or imitating some cartoon character or something when I first heard him. I can understand the start of everything he says, though.

Tags: