Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,192
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:49:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Why are ready meals so shit?

Started by pancreas, May 05, 2020, 08:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 14, 2020, 08:17:13 PM
Sainsburys Taste The Difference Lamb Mousaka is an obvious outlyer here TO....DIE...FOR ❤❤❤

You look like you took a whack at some point tbf

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 14, 2020, 09:47:41 PM
You look like you took a whack at some point tbf
Have you tried it. I have it with taste the difference potato dauphinoise and petit pois on occasional sundays.

I treat myself to a "taste the difference" posh chicken tikka masala from Marksies once, had a few extra quid in my pocket, don't wanna brag.
Put the bog standard one back and chucked it in my basket. Fuck it, king for a day.
It was really tasteless, I wish I'd just gotten the normal one, I bet that would have been nicer.
It was silly getting the taste the difference one first, looking back. If you've nothing to compare it to, you're not gonna taste any difference and that's exactly what you're paying for. Throwing your money away.
I got a pink and white moussey thing as well, that was nice. I'd have that again.

Sebastian Cobb

I get the feeling a lot of the M&S stuff is less about quality and more about being able to bring 'pub grub' to suburbanites who would find it a bit of a chore packing all their children in to a car and invading a pub.

If it stops more people from doing that I suppose in some ways it's a valuable service.

idunnosomename

Pseudopath

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on May 14, 2020, 11:02:58 PM
It was silly getting the taste the difference one first, looking back. If you've nothing to compare it to, you're not gonna taste any difference and that's exactly what you're paying for. Throwing your money away.

I bought some Taste The Difference satsumas once and they all tasted the fucking same to me.

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 14, 2020, 11:23:47 PM
I get the feeling a lot of the M&S stuff is less about quality and more about being able to bring 'pub grub' to suburbanites who would find it a bit of a chore packing all their children in to a car and invading a pub.

If it stops more people from doing that I suppose in some ways it's a valuable service.

Except that it minimises their exposure to covids.  :(

Replies From View

Quote from: Pseudopath on May 15, 2020, 12:41:00 AM
I bought some Taste The Difference satsumas once and they all tasted the fucking same to me.

You're supposed to eat the seeds of those ones.

Fr.Bigley

Morrisons ready made curries are decent. And those bhajis are the business.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 14, 2020, 11:23:47 PM

Trust me if ever you are slimming it down sainsburys get the TTD Lamb mousaka. If you dont live it I'll pay for it myslef

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 15, 2020, 05:18:35 PM
Trust me if ever you are slimming it down sainsburys get the TTD Lamb mousaka. If you dont live it I'll pay for it myslef

I do like a mousakka. The last time I made one of the Hairy Bikers ones I accidentally got the munchies and troughed the whole pyrex dish in an evening, you know the sort that is about a foot long and 6in wide? That was supposed to do me 3 days worth of dinner.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 15, 2020, 05:28:46 PM
I do like a mousakka. The last time I made one of the Hairy Bikers ones I accidentally got the munchies and troughed the whole pyrex dish in an evening, you know the sort that is about a foot long and 6in wide? That was supposed to do me 3 days worth of dinner.

I like the cut of your jib sir.

Dewt

Cuntbeaks

Get in son. Bet you were scraping the crispy bits off the side at the end as well.

Had a similar situation a few days back were i marinaded a load of chicken and pork fillet in both black pepper sauce and another load in this superb satay sauce i get from the chinese supermarket, Lee Kum Lee is the brand. Its not a dipping sauce, more for cooking and marinading.

Anyway, I sparked up the BBQ and cooked the lot with the intention of having some that night and keeping the rest for wraps etc over the coming days.

Boshed the fucking lot.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on May 15, 2020, 06:54:07 PM
Had a similar situation a few days back were i marinaded a load of chicken and pork fillet in both black pepper sauce and another load in this superb satay sauce i get from the chinese supermarket, Lee Kum Lee is the brand. Its not a dipping sauce, more for cooking and marinading.

Ooh I'll keep an eye out for that. I'm going to have a bash at doing some Chinese-style pork ribs in the pressure cooker at some point.

Superb

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 15, 2020, 07:17:33 PM
Ooh I'll keep an eye out for that. I'm going to have a bash at doing some Chinese-style pork ribs in the pressure cooker at some point.

https://www.orientalmart.co.uk/lee-kum-kee-satay-sauce

Got it in Chung Ying on Dobbies Loan.