Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:18:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Why are ready meals so shit?

Started by pancreas, May 05, 2020, 08:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteThe OP probably stuck his in his Aga

Typical trite cheap gay-baiting abuse.

pancreas, which of the 5 floors of your building is the Aga located on?

imitationleather

Nana Leather used to make a mean Rustlers All Day Breakfast Sausage Muffin.

Danger Man

Aga is short for A gay person's cooker.

idunnosomename

i wish i was gay and had an aga.

have you ever made toast on one of the fuckers? you stick it between two tennis rackets and stick it under the manhole cover. it's like a hot bertha. madness

Gregory Torso

Agas are stricly for scrubs. Rayburns where it's at.

Sebastian Cobb

OH NO WE CAN'T USE THERMOSTATS, A HOT BIT AND A HOTTER BIT IS ALL ANY CUNT NEEDS REALLY.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Gregory Torso on May 05, 2020, 10:25:47 PM

I was on the main page and I saw your name, that you had posted in here last, and I laughed. I laughed at the prospect of what you were going to post. Laughed at what that post might contain.

That's a very privileged position. NEVER ABUSE IT AGAIN, tonight

Danger Man

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 05, 2020, 10:23:51 PM
i wish i was gay and had an aga.

Me too.

I'd make a great gay apart from the sex bits.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I have a question about horsemeat

in countries where horsemeat is A Thing are there, like, eating horses, like specially reared for human consumption? because if that stuff got mislabelled as beef big deal

but if it's just used-up racehorses then fuck that

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 05, 2020, 10:27:55 PM
I was on the main page and I saw your name, that you had posted in here last, and I laughed. I laughed at the prospect of what you were going to post. Laughed at what that post might contain.

That's a very privileged position. NEVER ABUSE IT AGAIN, tonight

I live to disappoint.

Abnormal Palm

Rear your own cows, butcher them, flay the flesh off their warm carcasses, mince their flesh, boil their bones into bechamel and make your own lasagne.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: pancreas on May 05, 2020, 08:57:45 PM
Just choked down a 'No.1 Waitrose Lasagne'. I bought it because it was reduced to a pound or something, from about £8. It was an amorphous morass of slimy snot membranes articulating across pneumonic cat sick. I needed a handful of Maldon just to make it taste of something.

Surely there's no excuse for it in the modern age? We know what these things—like lasagne—should be. We're no longer having to make an educated guess about it, informed only by a dog-eared copy of Elizabeth David and someone's memory of something they ate in a square in Rome when they were doing the Grand Tour.

Ready meals are—without any exception I know of—awful. Yet M&S basically seems to subsist on the festival of plastic generated by its ready meals, and the boomers wallow in the creamy muck therein like pigs in shit. (Why is it always so pappy?)

It seems to me that very few people have any real connection to their taste-buds. They *may* just about register salt and sweet, etc., but for the most part their analysis of food is: does this look like Food (the edible substances I am used to ingesting)? Is whatever flavour it has wildly in excess of Food in any direction? Is it boiling hot and therefore free of Germs?

This seems to me the only explanation for how this barf gets through the taste tests. But I'm open to other thoughts.

I actually find the Tesco Finest lasagne to be absolutely delicious and better than anything I could knock together at home. There's no way I'm sourcing multiple hard cheeses and Chianti red wine and pork belly and nutmeg to make a lasagne.

INGREDIENTS: Cooked Egg Pasta [Durum Wheat Semolina, Water, Pasteurised Egg], Beef (22%), Whole Milk, Tomato, Water, Chianti Red Wine, Grana Padano Cheese [Grana Padano Medium Fat Hard Cheese (Milk), Preservative (Egg Lysozyme)], Pork, Smoked Pancetta [Pork Belly, Salt, Dextrose, Garlic, Coriander, Nutmeg, Black Pepper, Preservatives (Sodium Nitrite, Potassium Nitrate)], Whipping Cream (Milk), Cornflour, Tomato Purée, Wheat Flour [Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin], Onion, Carrot, Garlic Purée, Celery, Butter (Milk), Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Beef Extract, Salt, Yeast Extract, Basil, Porcini Mushroom Powder, Thyme, Black Pepper, Bay, White Pepper, Nutmeg.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI actually find the Tesco lasagne to be absolutely delicious and better than anything I could knock together at home

I suppose what you are saying is that this is not reflective of your best work.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 05, 2020, 10:40:42 PM
Rear your own cows, butcher them, flay the flesh off their warm carcasses, mince their flesh, boil their bones into bechamel and make your own lasagne.
it's quarter to eleven! it's a bit late for that!!!!!

kittens

retitle the thread: imagine being poor

kittens

im standing up for the common man. the common man likes a big yummy box of old pasta

Danger Man

OP's next post "Why don't £5 bottles of wine taste like wine?"

chocolate teapot

my favourite ready meal was waitrose vegetarian moussaka, they changed the recipe last year and now it's shit.

kittens

my favourite ready meal is whatever the masters deign to liquidise and send our way. it is not for us to choose what we eat. the masters will be enraged should we complain. yes sir, i will gladly reheat this mark&spencers vegan aubergine lasagne, bless you sir for gracing us with this bounty

chocolate teapot

lots of people agree about it being shit now https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/waitrose-mediterranean-vegetable-moussaka/038292-19095-19096 maybe there's a facebook page I can like about this

chveik

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 05, 2020, 10:31:23 PM
in countries where horsemeat is A Thing are there, like, eating horses, like specially reared for human consumption?

yes.

Why would you eat a meal that wasn't ready?  Weird.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Danger Man on May 05, 2020, 10:55:14 PM
OP's next post "Why don't £5 bottles of wine taste like wine?"
you can go down to about £4.50 and they can still be good. i mean you dont have to slum it on the liebfraumilch or barefoot

touchingcloth

I agree with the people saying that Aldi ready meals are generally pretty decent. Are they taste sensations which will make you weep salty tears of joyful cum from your tastebuds? No, but then I've had many a home and restaurant meal of which the same can be said. More often than not I put a spoon of warm ready slop in my mouth, find it to be palatable so I eat it all down like a good boy and find myself to have none of the symptoms of malnourishment the next morning. If I didn't know any better I'd say that it seemed for all the world like the manufacturers had a vestaed interest in producing meals that customers would want to eat again.

They've rebadged it, you fool.

Danger Man

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 05, 2020, 11:17:57 PM
you can go down to about £4.50 and they can still be good. i mean you dont have to slum it on the liebfraumilch or barefoot

£5 McGuigan is all you'll ever need.

Won the lottery? £30 quid Cloudy Bay will do.

gib

do we know where he got all the money?

pancreas, where did you get all the money?

Danger Man

To be fair, Chateau d'Yquem is worth £100 a half bottle.

Every grape has been crushed between Buelligan's thighs......

kittens

Quote from: gib on May 05, 2020, 11:29:19 PM
do we know where he got all the money?

pancreas, where did you get all the money?

you're not supposed to ask!!!! oh fuck

Dewt

We had an Aga and then a Rayburn a (different houses) when I was a kid. The Rayburn managed to heat every radiator in the damned house and cook a full roast dinner. Incredible things. If I ever get rich I'm getting a Rayburn.