Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:03:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

!!! - Wimblewrong 2020 Third-Round Draw - !!!

Started by selectivememory, May 05, 2020, 09:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

Well done everyone. We've got through the first two rounds, we've got four more to go...

Here are the official second-round results:

QDRPHNC def Pdine (win by default)
Cerys def selectivememory (20-12)
Al The Funkee Homosapien def idunnosomename (18-13)
alan nagsworth def Dr Trouser (20-10)
wasp_f15ting def Pearly-Dewdrops Drops (15-11)
kittens def hamfist (24-3)
Spoon of Ploff def touchingcloth (23-4)
BlodwynPig def Miles (14-12)
Crabwalk def Old Thrashbarg (25-2)
Johnny Yesno def Small Man Big Horse (15-8)
Tension Knob def Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse (19-10)
hedgehog90 def ZoyzaSorris (14-12)

Also joining the 12 winners of those matches are four high-scoring losers:

idunnosomename
Miles
ZoyzaSorris
Pearly-Dewdrops Drops

Moving on, the draw will be posted in this thread tomorrow at midday BST. No more high-scoring losers from this point, just eight matches to decide our quarter-final line-up.

selectivememory

Also, I've added an amendment to one of the rules, which I'll post in full. Probably unnecessary, but for the avoidance of any ambiguity:

Quote1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.

2. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) can put what they want in their picture.  But all subsequent pictures (i.e the return) must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the previous picture.

3. The pictures will be 800 x 600, or 600 x 800 pixels in size, and must be still images.

4. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th picture of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours. In the event of a tie after the voting period has passed, the voting time will be extended by 12 hours, and if after that there is no winner, the next player to get a vote will win the tie.

5. Common sense prevails in image choice.

6. Pictures can be uploaded to places like imgur for those who have no webspace, but the picture must be displayed in the game thread.

7. In some cases it is necessary for one or more high-scoring losers to progress to the next round. High-scoring losers are simply those who get the most votes out of all the losing players in the round. If it comes down to two players who have the same number of votes, the player who lost by the smaller margin will progress as the high-scoring loser.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 72 hours to post an image from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted. Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 72 hours start.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Thanks again for doing all this SM. A much needed bit of fun amongst all this madness.

*fiver is in the post.

idunnosomename

i dont believe it!!! i should group/name my layers this time though

ZoyzaSorris

You know what - I think I'm going to take this opportunity to bow out (dis)gracefully and let another high scoring loser through. Got quite a bit of intense personal stuff going on in the household and not sure I've got the stamina to handle the immense pressure of wimblewrong and do it justice on top of that sadly.

alan nagsworth

Ah mate, that's a huge shame, your contributions this year have been among my favourites. I hope things clear up for you soon.

Cerys

selectivememory

Sorry you're dropping out, but thanks for letting me know now and not halfway through the round. 

Hopefully we'll have a replacement lined up by the time I post the draw.

ZoyzaSorris

I do have really mixed feelings about it, have really buzzed off the whole thing and feel a bit of a letdown dropping out (though at least it's as a loser not a winner!). TBF  Could still be persuaded to do it if you are struggling for an immediate replacement SM, as truly have very mixed feelings.

ZoyzaSorris

Ps while I'm here have to echo the thanks for being an excellent host SM!

selectivememory

Thanks Zoyza. Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse has agreed to step in, so we're all good for the draw.

selectivememory

Right, here's the draw. Those named first in the ties have until Saturday midday to prepare and post their serves.

Tie 1: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien vs hedgehog90
Tie 2: alan nagsworth vs Pearly-Dewdrops Drops
Tie 3: wasp_f15ting vs kittens
Tie 4: Spoon of Ploff vs idunnosomename
Tie 5: Tension Knob vs BlodwynPig
Tie 6: Cerys vs QDRPHNC
Tie 7: Johnny Yesno vs Crabwalk
Tie 8: Miles vs Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Good luck!

alan nagsworth

Nice one!

Fuck, there's so many people in it this year, I assumed this next round would be quarter finals. So much more great content to look forward to.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Johnny Yesno

Whoa! I'm really fucked now. Oh, well, it'll be fun while it lasts...

Edit: mind you, looking at the other ties, everyone else is fucked too.

QDRPHNC

Thanks for all the hard work, SM. Looking forward to round 3!

selectivememory

Alrighty, all the shots for this round have been played, and voting closes late Friday night. The quarter-final draw will be posted midday Saturday BST.