Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:28:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Adults going everywhere with giant sippy cups of water

Started by touchingcloth, May 05, 2020, 10:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Drinking seventeen lakes' worth of water when you're not even thirsty are you, mate? Got a brushed anodised whatsit from off of Etsy to keep it in, did you? Pathetic.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

got me fuckin big ass aquamarine nasa engineered water cantine-based allotment recepticle for h20 for crimbosmass mateyboy havent i

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Woops didnt wash it for 3 months legionnaires now i suppose, cheers

Pijlstaart

When I lived in yankeedoodlestan all the west-coast types had stickers on their water bottles, always Nalgene bottles, they'd compare and trade stickers. One had a sticker of the yellowstone falls in various pink tones and it looked vulgar. She also had a sticker of a pair of bejewelled sunglasses and the word "fab" in glitter writing. I never carried a water bottle because I liked being dehydrated, I'd shrivel up like a pug and if I really needed water I could drink out of the bathroom sink like a normal person. All that I do is usual in England, I said.

idunnosomename

where we going? nowhere to go. just out the tap. arsed mate

checkoutgirl

Is water ever that hard to find that you have to carry it round? Water is quite heavy too.

kittens

i always assume there will be water wherever i go. i do the same thing with toilet paper. and           and              and and like clothes i reckon. Yes that would be funny. it would be funny if i assumed there was clothes for me to get dressed in at every place i went to. yes. that is the joke i am doing on this forum post. 

flotemysost

A friend of mine bought a copper water bottle from Balance festival, which probably tells you all you need to know about said friend, I mean the outside finish had a shiny coppery coloured hue but god knows what it was actually made of. Anyway she swears that her water (which is always filtered already) tastes better when taken from this vessel, her skin has improved, etc. etc.

I do (or did) carry around a water bottle when walking about outside but that's just because I get thirsty easily and I don't want to keep buying plastic bottles. It would always be filled with hard Thames water though. Few dead cats floating about in case I get hungry.

Seen a few people swigging from those S'well ones on work video calls recently which seems a bit unnecessary (and I say this as someone who's banjaxed multiple computer keyboards by spilling drinks over them).

buttgammon

Roughly 90% of the undergrads I teach have one of these, usually with a brushed rose gold finish. I normally sit there drinking tea from a glass Keep Cup so game over, lads.

bakabaka

"Human beings were invented by water as a device for transporting itself from one place to another."

― Tom Robbins, Another Roadside Attraction

Twit 2

thugler

The massive ones are ridiculous and pointless. What does it matter if you have to go to a tap a couple of times a day.

However, i have quite a small one and a foldy one for coffee and it's been a revelation.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: thugler on May 06, 2020, 09:39:15 AM
The massive ones are ridiculous and pointless. What does it matter if you have to go to a tap a couple of times a day.

I thought about getting a big 2l bottle for work so I know how much I'm drinking during the day.

imitationleather

touchingcloth

Quote from: flotemysost on May 05, 2020, 11:22:23 PM
I do (or did) carry around a water bottle when walking about outside but that's just because I get thirsty easily and I don't want to keep buying plastic bottles.

You're not the target of this thread. Every office I have worked in has had a lot of people who keep their own bottle full of water at their desk, even though none of those people have sat more than a 30 second walk from a kitchen, all of those kitchens being stocked with clean glasses and supplied with drinking water, usually the same water that they fill their bottles with.

I've always thought that was a bit weird, but with everyone video calling from home now those same people drink from the adult sippy cups in their own homes. The worst ones are the rigid bottles which come with some kind of straw, as with the bottles being close-topped their noisy slurping is accompanied by a rasping rush of air into the bottle through a wet valve. Agrrrrrrlpsshhhplrrrrrrrrsssssssss, gahhhhhhhhh. I don't get the impetus, though the bottles always seem to look a bit like they're designed to appeal to the kind of people who splash out on outdoors gear, so maybe it's just another trait of people who like to come into offices in North Face fleeces and hiking boots, as if instead of IT they're working on Countryfile.

Adults drinking through straws, mate. What a parcel of shit.

imitationleather

You'll be drinking through a straw by the time I'm done with you!

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 06, 2020, 09:40:27 AM
I thought about getting a big 2l bottle for work so I know how much I'm drinking during the day.

Why would you want to know this? The idea that most people are secretly dehydrated and need to drink more frequently than when their body tells them they're running dry is bullshit. Don't be part of the problem.

Paul Calf

Nah mate, need 37 litres of water a day innit 37 litres to keep fresh and hydrated mate h20 mate water of life innit mate read it on famous cheating cunt Lance Armstrong's webnet site mate.

Water of life mate. H2fucking0 mate.

Paul Calf

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 06, 2020, 09:44:57 AM
Why would you want to know this? The idea that most people are secretly dehydrated and need to drink more frequently than when their body tells them they're running dry is bullshit. Don't be part of the problem.

Some people don't have a thirst trigger, and some people confuse thirst and hunger.

Most people can tell when they're thirsty though.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 06, 2020, 09:46:36 AM
Some people don't have a thirst trigger, and some people confuse thirst and hunger.

Most people can tell when they're thirsty though.

Much though I enjoy inhabiting a forum with him, if Cobb is one of those no thirst trigger people then I would have no choice but to merrily look on while he slowly puckered up like a raisin and desiccated himself to death for the good of the gene pool. I know the chances of any CaBbers ever procreating are slim to fuck all, but belt and braces.

Sebastian Cobb

Sometimes I think 'i should probably get some water' then I don't and carry on doing what I'm doing then get a headache :(

I used to work at a place with glasses and I used the glasses but then I worked somewhere bigger where they didn't give everyone glasses so I used an insulated bottle instead.

Dom Joly enters the thread, maybe, just maybe 2020 will be the year that sees him back on top.

Fingers crossed Dom
From all the lads at CAB.

I can remember the first time I ever saw a reusable coffee cup. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

But he's already used that!

Probably 3, 4 years ago now. Unbelievable.

poo

sign of a cunt. Carry water around if running >15k.

Dex Sawash

But you have to report your hydration to the wellness/fitness app on your applewatch and you can't expect good results without inputting data to ml accuracy. The part you don't see is the measured wee and weighed stools.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: poo on May 06, 2020, 11:04:06 AM
sign of a cunt. Carry water around if running >15k.

Agreed, it's tenents super or fuck all.

poodlefaker

Watersports enthusiasts, I reckon; no-one else needs that much water. Pissing like a racehorse.

Sebastian Cobb

Might just start using a camelback filled with huel when I'm on road.