Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,471
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:17:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Adults going everywhere with giant sippy cups of water

Started by touchingcloth, May 05, 2020, 10:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 06, 2020, 12:44:18 PM
Might just start using a camelback filled with huel when I'm on road.

There was a guy in one office who used to use a camelback in place of the sippy cup I had in mind with the OP. Like, he would go to the kitchen, fill his little rucksack with water, and hang it over the back of his chair. Reader, I am sorry to say I did not murder him.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 06, 2020, 01:08:00 PM
There was a guy in one office who used to use a camelback in place of the sippy cup I had in mind with the OP. Like, he would go to the kitchen, fill his little rucksack with water, and hang it over the back of his chair. Reader, I am sorry to say I did not murder him.

You can tell this man buys crampons to walk in Kent.

Overload workers so that they can't take regular breaks to hydrate and sell them the solution in the shape of reminder apps and big bottles.

Another wonderful capitalist success story.

H-O-W-L

<tag>cowboys going everywhere with giant buffalo skins of water</tag>

Personally I've got a metal liter flask for when I'm working. I work in a big shop and the drinking tap is all the way upstairs, so fuck that for a game of soldiers.

seepage

One on the desk next to mine said "Rehydration System". Don't know if that was meant as a joke or not.

Marner and Me

I have a blue Slazenger bottle that I use daily. For some reason I don't like drinking water out of glasses.

When I was in California for 3 months I had one of these metal flasks (still got it) cram a load of ice in and have chilled water all day. Covered it in a few stickers from places I'd been too. Saves buying plastic Evian all the time.

Anyone got a problem with that? Cunts.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on May 06, 2020, 01:11:32 PM
You can tell this man buys crampons to walk in Kent.

He used to cycle into work, and not change out of his lycra and cleats until about 2PM. Clacking around on the floor to fill his little bladder sack and clacking back to his desk to code while slurping water from a bag.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 06, 2020, 04:37:44 PM
He used to cycle into work, and not change out of his lycra and cleats until about 2PM. Clacking around on the floor to fill his little bladder sack and clacking back to his desk to code while slurping water from a bag.

See what I used to do here was cycle in cargo shorts, because I'm not at a velodrome then not bother getting changed into my jeans for about 6 months of the year.

notjosh

You lot are fucking mad. Why be thirsty when you don't have to be thirsty? I keep a bottle in my bag at all times and whack it on my desk when I get to work. And I've got one of those old olive oil glass bottles with the rubber stopper next to my bed for night time swigs. Glasses are for mugs.

Dex Sawash

Thursday

Quote from: notjosh on May 07, 2020, 08:18:37 AM
Glasses are for mugs.

No hot liquids are for mugs. And cool liquids are for glasses.

Replies From View

He was asking where mugs go.

They go in the cupboard mate.  Or the mugboard, haha

Mugboards are for mugs

good one

Kelvin

Sick of seeing youtubers drinking out of glass jars. Makes me dizzy with anger just thinking about it.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Kelvin on May 07, 2020, 10:08:18 PM
Sick of seeing youtubers drinking out of glass jars. Makes me dizzy with anger just thinking about it.

One step away from an Arielator

Icehaven

I never get thirsty so I'm amazed by these people who seem so obsessed with hydrating that they actually make sure they have water on hand at all times. I occasionally get a headache then realise it's probably because I haven't drunk anything since yesterday but I still don't feel thirsty, so maybe I should be of of those people, but fuck that the bottles look ugly and heavy.

Replies From View

Glass jars are for tadpoles.

Sebastian Cobb

Surprised 70/80's handle glasses haven't made a comeback with hipster brews.

Flatulent Fox

Mine is a spy.
                     It's either filled with blue meanie juice or boooze.
Funny how it's one or the other.
Or maybe both.

Flatulent Fox

Agreed.

I read in an old Beano book that you can shatter glass using marbles fired from a harmless catapult.
I think softy walter was having a tea party at the time.

This could arguably be my favourite post,apart from the one about the infamous mashed potato saga.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 07, 2020, 11:00:51 PM
Surprised 70/80's handle glasses haven't made a comeback with hipster brews.

they have a bit in london. i like them but they usually ask you if you want one or a "normal" glass

Replies From View

Glad I don't drink alcohol anymore, or the laziness of the barperson in filling that pint properly would be driving me up the wall.

"Would you like barely 3/4 of a pint sir, whilst paying for a whole pint?  Tell you what, I'll give it to you like this anyway without saying anything, making it your job to ask me to top it up if you want everything you've paid for.  If you are too shy to ask it magically becomes your fault."

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 08, 2020, 01:31:28 AM
they have a bit in london. i like them but they usually ask you if you want one or a "normal" glass

I've not noticed them here, but you do see a lot of glass 'steins' for more premium continental lagers.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Replies From View on May 08, 2020, 09:46:23 AM
Glad I don't drink alcohol anymore, or the laziness of the barperson in filling that pint properly would be driving me up the wall.

"Would you like barely 3/4 of a pint sir, whilst paying for a whole pint?  Tell you what, I'll give it to you like this anyway without saying anything, making it your job to ask me to top it up if you want everything you've paid for."

Ahh yes, passive-aggressive signs that say they're basically short-changing you.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Replies From View on May 08, 2020, 09:46:23 AM

Alright Karen, would you like to see the manager?

touchingcloth

Whenever I ask the stout yeoman of the bar for two foaming flagons of his finest nut brown ale, if I get so much of a hint that he's thinking about pulling out a chunky, stippled, be-handled vessel, I snap my fingers to get his attention before commanding him "in a thin glass".

Replies From View

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on May 08, 2020, 11:44:49 AM
Alright Karen, would you like to see the manager?

They should stop training people to pour pints incorrectly in order to make more money.  You now get people who don't run massive pub chains defending an eight-inch head on a pint because they've been told it's better or something.  People just believe stuff and repeat it.  You've probably met someone yourself who says a giant wad of foam on the top counts as drink.  It doesn't.  You can see with your own eyes that it doesn't.

If you're insisting on including loads of foam on the top then increase the size of the glasses and put a line on the side to mark a pint level.  Get the drink up to that and let the foam be above it.  It's not rocket science but it also doesn't increase profits for billionaires so it isn't going to happen.

Just everyone who isn't a billionaire needs to train themselves to stop defending the practice.

I mean it wouldn't matter that much but it's one of very few things that are still served according to a strict measure.  It's quite pedantic really to dish anything up specifically by the pint.  You don't get them informing you of the weight of your mixed grill, but they are quite keen to say you are getting a PINT of the ale you asked for.  Not serving a pint then smacks of being quite a dunce at the very least.