Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:58:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The response of brands (including advertising) to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 06, 2020, 09:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteAgency DPZ&T teamed with McDonald's Brazil to reconceive the Golden Arches in pulled-apart form to encourage consumers to keep each other safe through social distancing. According to the shop, the the move is meant to convey the idea that we are "separated for a moment so that we can always be together."

Though at the restaurants themselves the arches remained the same, the new "distanced" version appeared on all of the brand's Brazilian social accounts, including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. 

https://adage.com/creativity/work/mcdonalds-separated/2245431

Just feels like a bit of an empty gesture and an attempt for publicity.

I've also seen ads from supermarkets praising their frontline workers - maybe give them a pay rise and make sure they all have enough PPE rather than just empty ads which seem a bit patronising in their tone.

dr beat

Whenever the ads come up now I put the TV on mute and go on Youtube and put on Benests of Millbrook adverts. 

Now *theres* a man we would have needed for these times.

Blumf

TV ad now seem to be either:

• Hastily cobbled together collection of stock clips showing empty streets and families at home.
  • Video chat matrix of lots of people saying how they're working to help you.
  • Those fucking Nationwide (I think) ads with 'ordinary people' doing sub-poetry readings of some mawkish shit. FUCK OFF!!

All of them are offensively boring and lazy. Just act to make the lock down that little bit worse.

Fambo Number Mive

I presume the second one would be loads of actors filming it in their house?