Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,475
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:04:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Professor Pantsdown" and the focus on Ferguson breaking lockdown regulations

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 06, 2020, 09:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 06, 2020, 12:12:37 PM
He could have had a hand shandy to calm himself down if he was that on heat.

She's fit, married and 14 years younger than him. Fucking catnip.

Buelligan

Quote from: Zetetic on May 06, 2020, 12:15:22 PM
Something like that:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/03/publics-trust-in-science-at-risk-warns-former-no-10-adviser

What an enormous fucking surprise.  These people are so predictable, they'd be boring if they weren't so dangerous.  (I don't mean the scientists, I mean the Cummings')

Abnormal Palm

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 06, 2020, 12:08:21 PM
you're not keeping it very zen

Not sure I ever am! I don't see the link between that comment and my repeated banging on etc but sometimes you just gotta let rip. I'm Taoist, if anything. All in the game.

As for the Wuhan stuff, apologies if that's boring. I'll drop the KING LOCKDOWN but I think the discussion of what's happening in China is worthwhile, albeit they're now on a totally different trajectory.

steveh

One effect of this perhaps is that future SAGE members won't now want to have their names known and the minutes from meetings will remain hidden, thereby fitting in with what Downing St preferred from the outset.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 06, 2020, 12:25:46 PM
I'm Taoist, if anything.

Whoops, sorry.

QuoteAs for the Wuhan stuff, apologies if that's boring. I'll drop the KING LOCKDOWN but I think the discussion of what's happening in China is worthwhile, albeit they're now on a totally different trajectory.

I don't have any issue with discussing what's happening in China or reading about your experience of China. It is just the, as you call it, KING LOCKDOWN tendency that's been a bit wossname.

Abnormal Palm

Johnny

Yeah, 'cunty', is the word. Point taken.

Honestly, it's stuck in my craw because around that time two of my best mates were personally affected by what was happening, ie. their parents were turned away from hospital to die because there were no beds. That was a direct result of lying to people and not locking down soon enough. That still hurts. It's senseless. They've probably lost twenty years together, living in the same home. Meanwhile, a couple of people here saw my insistence as an opportunity to have a pop or get on their own bullshit. It's just one of those things. Part of me wants that ignorance to be acknowledged. In a mad way, that seems to acknowledge my mates' parents' deaths but I know that's actually bollocks. It's totally unrelated, it doesn't do anyone any good and it's nobody's fault here. I'm just gutted. I would much much rather have been wrong about lockdown, to be honest.

I won't mention it again now.

Buelligan

What does it say about ones inner dialogue if one believes that others voice opinions purely through the desire to have a pop at you?  You've repeated this over and over again, which is why I'm addressing it.  Do you want someone to address it?  Because, if you do, I think the best person to do that would be you.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 06, 2020, 01:00:09 PM
Johnny

Yeah, 'cunty', is the word. Point taken.

Honestly, it's stuck in my craw because around that time two of my best mates were personally affected by what was happening, ie. their parents were turned away from hospital to die because there were no beds. That was a direct result of lying to people and not locking down soon enough. That still hurts. It's senseless. They've probably lost twenty years together, living in the same home. Meanwhile, a couple of people here saw my insistence as an opportunity to have a pop or get on their own bullshit. It's just one of those things. Part of me wants that ignorance to be acknowledged. In a mad way, that seems to acknowledge my mates' parents' deaths but I know that's actually bollocks. It's totally unrelated, it doesn't do anyone any good and it's nobody's fault here. I'm just gutted. I would much much rather have been wrong about lockdown, to be honest.

I won't mention it again now.

Well, we at CaB may have been slow to catch on but perhaps you can take some comfort from the fact that we're pretty much solid lockdown advocates here now despite what the government and their media buddies are currently attempting. Where we are now is what really matters, right?

For what it's worth, I'm sorry to hear about your friends' parents.

Fambo Number Mive

With this second strain of coronavirus being discovered, doesn't this mean immunity is less than thought as some people will have caught the first strain but not the second and vice versa? How can we possibly lift the lockdown any time soon?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-scientists-identify-more-contagious-mutant-coronavirus-strain-sweeping-europe-and-us-11983554

Thomas

Quote from: Buelligan on May 06, 2020, 12:12:57 PM
I don't give a fuck about this man breaking the curfew or whatever it's called.  It's a quotidian event, nearly all humans think they know best.

Mm. I live with two intelligent scientists and yet they both seem to believe that wet paper towels belong in the recycling bin.

Abnormal Palm

Johnny

Yeah, you're absolutely right, and I do. I just wanted to extend the courtesy of explaining why I was being a relentless nob. I think we're all on the same page here. Not really looking forward to what happens next but I still think the majority of people are on this page.

On another note, a mate who has just had exactly the same intermittent two week shitting fever which I had about two months ago has been been told he's had the vid. No cough or anything, just wiped out and shitting for England. Same as me. Obviously, I'll assume I've not had it but the spectrum of symptoms is mad. The second strain thing is not unexpected but I wonder what the implications are for treatment and vaccines, etc.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 06, 2020, 02:24:34 PM
Johnny

Yeah, you're absolutely right, and I do. I just wanted to extend the courtesy of explaining why I was being a relentless nob. I think we're all on the same page here. Not really looking forward to what happens next but I still think the majority of people are on this page.

Thanks for sharing. It does make more sense knowing that. These are difficult times and I am finding it reassuring to know that people here want other people to stay alive more than they want things back to normal.

QuoteOn another note, a mate who has just had exactly the same intermittent two week shitting fever which I had about two months ago has been been told he's had the vid. No cough or anything, just wiped out and shitting for England. Same as me. Obviously, I'll assume I've not had it but the spectrum of symptoms is mad. The second strain thing is not unexpected but I wonder what the implications are for treatment and vaccines, etc.

Yeah, there was that thing about temporary anosmia too. Some weird shit symptoms connected with this.