Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:56:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

X Æ A-12 (Elon Musk spawns) [split topic]

Started by Sebastian Cobb, May 06, 2020, 11:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

ok since that name was considered "stupid" they've come up with another one

"X Æ A-Xii"

fucking hell i hate the pair of them, drown them

Clownbaby

The fact that the original name isn't even legally a proper name, and the two of them can't even agree on how to say the incredibly specific name they have chosen is ridiculous. Yes you can technically name a child what you like but remember you're naming a human being who is going to grow up. They've named him like they assumed he'll definitely grow up to be an Avant Garde visionary icon. He'll have to have a hell of a personality to live up to the name. What if he turns out to be a bland person with no star quality whatsoever? Elon n Grimes will probably still push their mediocre boy down our throats and we'll have another Jaden Smith on our hands

touchingcloth

They've renamed it AGAIN, after their favourite drink, number, film, caustic material and sitcom.

S0da Se7en.

Noodle Lizard

I've only just learned that the letters denoting different models of Tesla cars (Model S, Model E etc.) spell out the word "SEXY", and this was apparently deliberate. That's basically a billionaire entrepreneur's equivalent of having a vanity license plate, isn't it?

chveik

I'm getting genuinely worried about the power him and Bezos (and others) have now (and partly thanks to the pandemic, because only big corporations have profited from it). thankfully for now they're mostly interested in space travel and transhumanism but when they will realize that there's only one earth and it's going to die, things will get even more ugly.

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 27, 2020, 09:56:39 PM
They've renamed it AGAIN, after their favourite drink, number, film, caustic material and sitcom.

S0da Se7en.

Blumf

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on May 28, 2020, 03:50:46 AM
I've only just learned that the letters denoting different models of Tesla cars (Model S, Model E etc.) spell out the word "SEXY", and this was apparently deliberate. That's basically a billionaire entrepreneur's equivalent of having a vanity license plate, isn't it?

At least he was smart enough to use '3' instead of 'E', not make it too obvious.

There was a model of Hyundai called the ix35, which was bed enough, but it really didn't earn it either.

sirhenry

Quote from: Blumf on May 28, 2020, 09:21:59 AM
There was a model of Hyundai called the ix35, which was bad enough, but it really didn't earn it either.
The 'iExcess'? Isn't that a bit too on the nose?

dissolute ocelot

They're actually S, 3, X, and Y, which makes it even worse. This does leave the possibility of 2 more kids called S and E though. (Or S Thorn 911 and E hiragana-for-meh Routemaster-bus).

EDIT: Ah, saw Blumf mentioned this above. Leaving my feeble joke, though. Apparently someone in the company talked him out of calling the third one E after S and X, because it was a bit silly. If only X Æ A-12 had shareholders.

Blumf

Quote from: sirhenry on May 28, 2020, 09:26:12 AM
The 'iExcess'? Isn't that a bit too on the nose?

Turn your monitor upside-down.

buzby

Quote from: Blumf on May 28, 2020, 09:21:59 AM
At least he was smart enough to use '3' instead of 'E', not make it too obvious.
He couldn't use 'Model E' as it had been trademarked by Ford. They had let it lapse, but then reapplied for the trademark when they heard of Musk's stupid 'SEXY' plan. In response Musk accused Ford of wanting to 'Kill S.E.X.'.
I'm not sure why Ford let him trademark 'Model Y' though, as it was historically the first Ford car specifically built for Europe, replacing the Model A in 1932. Perhaps that's why, as the name has no relevance in the US.
There was a model of Hyundai called the iX35, which was bed enough, but it really didn't earn it either.
The 'ix35' doesn't have any deeper meaning. Outside America and South Korea (where the ix35 was caled the Tucson IX), Hyundai's cars start with 'i', the crossover SUVs and MPVs had this followed by an 'x' and the numbers denote the segment (10 = A-segment/city car, 20 = B-segment/supermini, 30 = C-segment/compact, 40 = D-segment/mid-size). The '35' is used because it is built on a stretched version of the i30's chassis. There did used to be an ix20 MPV based on the i20 as well.

They have now given up with the 'ix' naming for SUVs and MPVs, and the iX35 is now called the Tucson for all markets, along side the larger Sante Fe and smaller Kona

Blumf

Quote from: buzby on May 28, 2020, 11:55:44 AM
The 'ix35' doesn't have any deeper meaning.

buzby

Quote from: Blumf on May 28, 2020, 12:23:02 PM
I know that, but it's purely coincidental, as evidenced by there being other 'ix' models (the  ix20, ix25/Creta, ix45/Santa Fe and ix55/Grand Santa Fe) that don't read as anything whatever way you mirror them.

Sebastian Cobb

There's only one acceptable personalised plate (well assuming one per state 50)

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 28, 2020, 06:00:53 PM
There's only one acceptable personalised plate (well assuming one per state 50)

What's acceptable about BORT (/B0RT)?

There are none acceptable personalised plates to my mind. Although a schoolfriend's dad had something like "12 ABC A4" where "12" was just some filler to bring the cost of the plate down, "ABC" was his initials, and "A4" was because he worked for a printers and that's, like, a paper size. I love the naffness of including A4 for that reason, though it was a missed trick not to use a Wernham Hogg reference of some kind.

Ferris

I saw "VLOOKUP" the other day. Great license plate.

Sebastian Cobb

Part of me would appreciate that, but the part of me that gets angry just thinking about excel would be inclined to run them off the road.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 28, 2020, 06:27:39 PM
I saw "VLOOKUP" the other day. Great license plate.

Still remember seeing a car frequently beetling around Stansted (Mountfitchet, the town; not the airport) in around 1986-7 with the numberplate B386 CPU, right at the height of that processor's "wow" factor.  I often wondered if they realised what they had.

For my own Ford Fiesta, I had to put up with the relatively measly B186 CHK.  A crap processor with a non-existent operand.