Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:34:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

UK lockdown restrictions to be eased from Monday [split topic]

Started by jobotic, May 06, 2020, 09:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A few weeks of apparent freedom (to become infected with a potentially deadly disease) followed by a massive spike in deaths.

Fuckwits.

idunnosomename

im no plagueologist, but this seems like a bad move!!!

Captain Z

Enough is enough with the dying now, just stop it and get back to normal.

Danger Man

Quote from: Captain Z on May 06, 2020, 11:46:13 PM
Enough is enough with the dying now, just stop it and get back to normal.

Number of UK deaths under 45.    300

I think the soyboys are going to be OK

Barry Admin

Not if we get a W curve and more mutations like the Spanish flu/virus.

I'm pretty nervous about this "easing of restrictions" fuckery; like others here, I'm gonna keep staying the fuck away and covering my hands when I open the gate or front door to the flats etc. It'll be astonishing if this doesn't all go completely and utterly tits up.  But who cares? Lives are nowhere near as important and significant as money. 

idunnosomename

LETS

GET

COVID

DONE!

TAKE BACK CONTROL!

LOVE YOUR COUNTRY!

PUT A PILLOW ON YOUR GRAN'S FACE!!!

gib

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 06, 2020, 10:29:21 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

You don't love me
And I know now

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

oh is it Mr Lynch is the cost more human lives?? are people in danger of dying in greater numbers by staying at home??? fucking bald bastard

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 06, 2020, 10:24:39 PM

QuoteChris Grigg, chief executive of British Land, said: 'I want a timetable that's realistic and which doesn't regard the only important thing as getting Covid numbers down.'

Cunt.

Ferris

Ferris remains on the money!

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 04, 2020, 05:32:54 PM
Won't be "normal" until 2021, but yeah phased returns from June.

Everyone I've spoken to who reckons it'll take longer (ie everyone I've spoken to) is making their estimate based on the public health aspect. I think various governments reckon they have now done enough to dodge any criticism if it goes Pete Tong and are more worried about the tax base drying up.

I've banged on about it here already but day 1 of me going back, I'm resigning and the Ferris clan is moving 1000 miles away to buy a house and get some actual space and I'm mad excited about it. That may well be driving my optimistic timeline. Just really want it to be true.

Was patronized within an inch of my life for 2 hours this afternoon around how training is good (I run the fucking department you spoon so I reckon I know how staffing works), looks like my preddo vis a vis me telling them to stick their shit job up their hoop is also a banker.

Abnormal Palm

Johnny

"The people have spoken." Talk about some Nostradmus shit, eh? If only it weren't so depressingly predictable.

To offer some reassurance, though, despite this corporate incitement to suicide, isn't it something like only 10% resisting the lockdown according to the recent data? No doubt there will be a lot more cajoled and duped into death by these headlines but almost everybody I speak to or come into contact with is like 'the real lockdown starts here'.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 07, 2020, 12:05:34 AM
Not if we get a W curve and more mutations like the Spanish flu/virus.

I'm pretty nervous about this "easing of restrictions" fuckery; like others here, I'm gonna keep staying the fuck away and covering my hands when I open the gate or front door to the flats etc. It'll be astonishing if this doesn't all go completely and utterly tits up.  But who cares? Lives are nowhere near as important and significant as money.

Inevitable. Fuck up is the English way. I will martyr myself to see Cummings pay with his head.

Abnormal Palm

I fuckin love all the 'might result in a second wave' type language.

'Some scientists warn that there could be....'

Hahaha.

Like the  virus has a concept of how hard we've already grafted to get this far, and how we're all feeling a bit over it now.

'Hi, any chance you could completely change how you're transmitted given we've put a shift in?'

'Yeah, no worries, mate. How about a different strain?'

'You're a gent!'

Shoulders?-Stomach!

GMTV

The data misfits and weirdos to get the blame for this when it goes horribly wrong

GMTV

Looking at that graph surely until the end of the month would be the safest bet. The original suggestion was 12 weeks, the numbers so far are backing that up.

Barry Admin

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 07, 2020, 07:27:32 AM
Inevitable. Fuck up is the English way. I will martyr myself to see Cummings pay with his head.

I actually don't think I can fully get my head around the fact it's happening. It's surreal; and people are just going to go along with it?

I've had to switch off from a lot of it over the past few weeks, and I just can't believe where we're headed to now, considering the figures - and btw yer man said it's fine to compare to other countries and the Tories should stfu with regards citing him to the contrary: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/06/author-of-guardian-article-on-death-tolls-asks-government-to-stop-using-it

This all makes the efforts thus far feel like a back-covering token gesture.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The safest bet is not what the government want, though. They simply want whatever they think our Brave Heroes Who Get A Medal can cope with when restrictions ease. Concern for actual human life, is zero.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's the Premier League isn't it? The oil billionaires have decreed the season must finish.

imitationleather

Can the next wave please kill some Tory MPs? They're nearly all old and bloated as anything. They should be bread and butter for this virus!

Barry Admin

Quote from: BBCIt is understood the "stay at home" message could be scrapped, with ministers keen to restart the economy.

Absolute scum.

I still think this is perhaps the single best meme I've seen about the whole thing:

Quote from: Better Midlands on April 03, 2020, 09:53:33 AM

jobotic

Quote from: imitationleather on May 07, 2020, 08:15:14 AM
Can the next wave please kill some Tory MPs? They're nearly all old and bloated as anything. They should be bread and butter for this virus!

They're rich. Like newspaper and chain pub owners.

Fambo Number Mive

This is going to make it harder to socially distance on the days when I go out for my daily exercise. I'll just have to get up earlier each day to avoid going for a walk when there are many people about.

If the media are correct in what Johnson proposes the government are doing this at least a month too early. I won't be going out more than once a day for exercise even if they do bring these stupid relaxations in. These actions will mean a stricter lockdown when the second wave happens.

A load of people drinking alcohol in a pub garden - after a couple of pints will people remember social distancing? Another bad idea.

Is Starmer going to oppose lifting these restrictions?

imitationleather

When I went to the park yesterday it was very full and lots of groups of people were walking around and not even attempting to keep their distance from me and other people. It got on my tits quite a bit, but I didn't kick off or owt because I am consciously trying to not become the moody curtain twitching old man I hated when I was young.

My new neighbours are very noisy. Complain? Hell no! I'm moving house!

Attila

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 07, 2020, 08:47:47 AM
This is going to make it harder to socially distance on the days when I go out for my daily exercise. I'll just have to get up earlier each day to avoid going for a walk when there are many people about.

On days when I'm home (which has of course been the past 6 weeks recently), I do a 4-5 mile walk/jog first thing in the morning, and have been shifting it to earlier and earlier to avoid all of the people who are out and about 'exercising' (ie ambling along two and three abreast, blocking the pathways or standing to chat in such a way that you can't get past them.) I've had loads of harrumphs and tuts from people as I try to get past them. My faves have been the ones who's dragged the rusty bike out of the shed or are wearing their trackie-suit pajamas as running gear, and have no clue what cycling/walking etiquette is at all.

The first week of lockdown, it was amazing -- wandering around in what felt like a deserted film set. Now I see so many people and cars (was out from 730-830 this morning) that it's almost no different to having a walk back before the lockdown.

Fambo Number Mive

Not all the five tests set by the government to ease the lockdown have been met: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/06/have-the-governments-five-tests-for-easing-lockdown-been-met

Even by their logic, we can't  bring in any measures to ease the lockdown yet.

Abnormal Palm

That five tests spiel was the main thing I was holding onto. How can they go back on that now? As in, I am curious what their justification will be.

"Fergus done a bumdozy"