Author Topic: The Last of Us 2 (Coming June 19th)  (Read 747 times)

Sin Agog

• Dogs fucked the pope; no fault of mine
The Last of Us 2 (Coming June 19th)
« on: May 06, 2020, 11:54:15 PM »
There b'aint be no thread for this and a new trailer just dropped so now there be a thread.  https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-last-of-us-2-new-trailer-shows-off-gruesome-vi/1100-6476913/

I hope they devote at least a third of this game to the fate of the giraffes.  DLC at least?

Re: The Last of Us 2 (Coming June 19th)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 06:13:10 AM »
Warning to some that open mega-spoilers for this have been sweeping across the internet like a hurricane after a load of footage and details were hacked from the devs. I am so far spoiler free, but want to acknowledge their existence and suggest that if there are board members who would like to discuss the game with that extra knowledge that they make a separate thread for doing so, just to ensure this one doesn't get bogged down with invisible/black texted conversations for the next however many weeks.

It's hard to say I'm looking forward to this exactly, just because it looks utterly harrowing and painful. I'll definitely be playing it though.

Nobody Soup

• ephedrine and orange juice... and also ket
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 03:23:45 AM »

It's hard to say I'm looking forward to this exactly, just because it looks utterly harrowing and painful. I'll definitely be playing it though.

I feel exactly the same. I feel obliged to play this from the get go, the first one is imo the best zombie anything in any medium, but I had to work my way through it taking breaks due to build up of anxiety it was causing me. This looks several thousand times worse.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 11:59:25 AM »
I wonder if it will turn out that the real enemy is humans!

AsparagusTrevor

• I'm fine, thank you.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 02:43:09 PM »
I wonder if it will turn out that the real enemy is humans!
Who's the real parasitic-fungal-infected zombie? Is it the parasitic-fungal-infected zombie, or is it the businessman, in his suit and tie?

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 07:27:13 PM »
I'm undecided on whether to pre-order this, I've just completed TLOU finally, and whilst I thought the characters, story and general mood was great, I had a few issues with the gameplay.  I thinking coming to this after playing all of the Uncharted games it wasn't fresh, and there were some good sections but mostly boring areas of see loads of barricades and get prepared for another boring section of slow stealth and awkward shooting, and the last couple of hours were a real chore to get through.

I'd been spoiled by better stealth,survival horror and 3rd person action shooters before playing it, but the sequel is a PS4 game so if Uncharted 4 is anything to go by the gameplay is going to be much improved.

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 08:02:59 PM »
If it had actual mushroom monsters, i'd buy a ps4.

Tags: