Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:21:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BALD SOON scare

Started by Polymorphia, May 07, 2020, 02:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polymorphia

Got a message from my brother (same age as me) suggesting he was getting a widow's peak, which was only revealed when he began to cut his hair with a pair of scissors. Despite a family genetic history of not going bald, this revelation did give me the Fear with regards to my own hair, even though I am a literal teenager... I certainly don't want to bald now, quite liking my long locks. I began imagining myself bald in a year, maybe 2...

Though, after shaving his head with eBay clippers (as I did a year ago) my brother realised it was all an illusion... but maybe that's all just wishful thinking on our parts? If I was balding now, it would certainly fit the forum stereotype, this forum I discovered only less than 2 months ago... (which somehow seems to be my literal spiritual home or summat, generally holding the political views I have, having my music taste, and my comedy taste, ah, if heaven was a forum....)

... and that's saying nothing about the phimosis... which I don't have. I don't have phimosis. But if I did... I don't! But if I did.... I don't! But if I did... [Polymorphia's childhood medical records redacted]

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Bald bald boys
I'm looking for a good time
Bald bald boys
Get ready for my muff

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shame as you are prohibited from attending our eucharist slaphead orgies which are gratis to the smooth-bonced.

Cerys

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Thomas

For me, this year marks a decade of panicking about hair loss. Hopefully I'll get to enjoy another ten.

Relax about widow's peaks. They last forever. Look at Stewart Lee, or Kirk from Coronation Street.

Cerys

Sherman Krank

Quote from: Polymorphia on May 07, 2020, 02:37:54 AM
this forum I discovered only less than 2 months ago...
If you genuinely are a new member then you should be aware of the following...

1. Most of the other new members are really just new sock puppets or old members slinking back under new identities.

2. Don't mess with Barry Admin. He may seem like a shambles of a man who can't walk ten feet without mortally wounding himself but he does actually own the place.

3. Parts of the forum are haunted by a large bald sex pest. He wears many masks but can always be identified by the stench of calculated politeness that emanates from the trail of centrist drivel he leaves behind him.

4. When flouncing from the forum it's a long standing tradition to start a pointless rambling thread about why everyone here is a cunt.

5. It's just 'Cardiacs' there is no 'The'.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Careful guys, he only signed up very recently and all his posts so far have been about wanting to set up orgies with bald men. Suspect.

Cerys

And also there's some old bat here who has a thing about men with long hair.

peanutbutter

I was very slowly going bald from like 15 years of age, starting with an already quite far back hairline. Took until 27 before I was obviously definitely balding (as in, needing to keep your hair short to avoid looking like shit), I'm unsure if it's actually progressed since then.

Honestly it was a bit of a relief to have my fears confirmed, but pretty fucking annoying that I could've clearly just totally ignored it until about 25.

Hair transplants are cheap as fuck now though, aren't they? Couple of thousand? I reckon I'll get one if I go more bald in the next 5 years. Similar cosmetic boost as getting your teeth aligned without having to wear braces for a year like a William H Macy.

Polymorphia

With regards to Cerys, I might not be willing to show my full face on here yet (given how rubbish my previous attempts to hide my face on the internet have been) but while browsing today on the internet, I did see someone else with about the same hair length as me, so maybe I'll post that, or more likely never find it again and just post a photo of myself when I can be bothered...

And with regards to peanutbutter, thanks for giving your experience and for your concern. The earliest image of Stewart Lee's hairline, in my mind, goes back to TMWRNJ (where it was definitely receding then, and he did comment on it, though it weren't too bad, and sorry to all you Fist of Fun fans) though maybe I should recheck the image of him of the Jazz Cellar Tape where he was 20 (to my recollection) and see what his hairline was then. To be honest, his hair(line) looks better with Content Provider than Carpet Remnant World, so I guess that shows how hairstyles can really be good/bad with about the same hairline...
Also, I have a pretty mad underbite, which will be expensive to fix but I'll probably never sort it given the cost, and given I have gotten over my jaw, I bet it will be the same with my hair if it does end up being balding.

And with regards to the rest, thank you, but I couldn't think of a specific response for youse...

samadriel

Quote from: Cerys on May 07, 2020, 01:08:13 PM
And also there's some old bat here who has a thing about men with long hair.

Groomer.

Cerys

I like to think that your avatar is depicted shouting just that in a loud whisper.