Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:35:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Manifesto 62

Started by Abnormal Palm, May 07, 2020, 07:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abnormal Palm

It's actually funny in a way that Manifesto 62 is literally our new strategy for dealing with Covid-19.

"You've grafted long enough to be redundant, now go and have a picnic, get in that beer garden and die."

You might get the odd Manifesto 12 blip...but we all gotta go sometime right!

I edited out a massive cry laugh emoji.

BlodwynPig

The original Manifesto 62 - which you nabbed - guaranteed 1 year of paradise for those who opted into the scheme. What they'll get now is a Ginsters pasty in the park and a typo-infused obit in the Aldershot Herald

Abnormal Palm

No, it was two years. Work to 60 and then get two years. That said, you're right, even your bastardised back of a lorry knock off job seems like a pipe dream now.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 07, 2020, 07:37:01 AM
No, it was two years. Work to 60 and then get two years. That said, you're right, even your bastardised back of a lorry knock off job seems like a pipe dream now.

Yes, I thought it was more than 1 but couldn't be arsed to remember.

Abnormal Palm

How ironic, given you don't have to remember as far back as me to when the idea first came about.

Cry laugh emoji

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 07, 2020, 10:22:17 AM
How ironic, given you don't have to remember as far back as me to when the idea first came about.

Cry laugh emoji

Sorry, evidence this. My idea came first. Here is your initial post (August 4th, 2011)

QuoteA recent post by Blodwyn Pig got me thinking.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=28924.0

You may have named it and given it flesh, but I was there first.

Abnormal Palm

Holy fuck...You got me by the fuckin jaffers, man. The ego plays tricks.

Standing on the shoulders of giants.

I gotta hand it to you.

OK, new narrative is that I polished a turd into a diamond.

BlodwynPig

Let the readers decide

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 28, 2011, 09:53:59 PM
My solution - you reach 60, your time is up - you then get 2 years of paradise, free from any constraint, then your plug is pulled. The upkeep of these paradises fall to criminals who have volunteered for an extra 2 years of life, rather than being exterminated on the spot. If they fulfill their role as good servants of those at paradise-end, they get 6 months of freedom in the paradise before getting carted off.

I am first in the queue.

From a thread entitled:

QuoteRe: So when is life in Britain going to get really shit, then?

Abnormal Palm

I would say mine is snappier and clearer in terms of the messaging and presentation, with considerably more fortune cookie tier insights and pontificating. Yours is definitely earthier and I respect your dignified adherence to facts, where I have giddily lived the myth. I'm going to say that you're Florian Schneider and I'm David Bowie.

BlodwynPig

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

fuck that, I want at least 80 years. 80 years and a robotic exoskeleton when my legs start to go.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 07, 2020, 09:37:12 PM
fuck that, I want at least 80 years. 80 years and a robotic exoskeleton when my legs start to go.

I derived the conditions back in 2011 when life expectancy was only 70, so now in 2020

Manifesto 52

seepage

would there be some kind of monitoring system to confirm you've enjoyed two years of paradise? i.e. if part of it was shit would you get stoppage time tacked on the end?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: seepage on May 08, 2020, 08:43:41 AM
would there be some kind of monitoring system to confirm you've enjoyed two years of paradise? i.e. if part of it was shit would you get stoppage time tacked on the end?

of course not you mollycoddled buffoon. It's paradise...take it or leave it

Paul Calf

Is this voluntary? Either way, you'd be disproportionately killing the poor.

Paul Calf

Rich cunt: "Pff. That's what my life's like anyway. Think I'm going to submit to a government extermination program?"

Abnormal Palm

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 09, 2020, 09:13:26 AM
Is this voluntary? Either way, you'd be disproportionately killing the poor.

On the contrary, it would more significantly lower the average lifespan in those who could afford private healthcare and a healthier diet, lifestyle, etc.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 09, 2020, 09:15:06 AM
Rich cunt: "Pff. That's what my life's like anyway. Think I'm going to submit to a government extermination program?"

It mandatory. But you raise a good point. It will be weighted by your median resource/wealth/income over your 60 years. e.g. A median < 40,000 equals FULL PARADISE, < 100,000 equals EASY LIFE BUT NO BIG THRILLS, > 100,000 SERVITUDE ALONGSIDE CRIMINALS