Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:38:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

“The Cost Of Saving Lives Is Too High”

Started by Paul Calf, May 07, 2020, 09:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Captain Z on May 07, 2020, 03:00:59 PM
QuoteHow many of those furiously & blindly defending the Govt's lamentable handling of this crisis so far would be doing so if it was a Labour govt?  Answer: none.
Partisan politics, fuelled by toxic Brexit & social media, has reduced many people to shrieking echo chamber lemmings.

Since he fell down that well I've cautiously upgraded my opinion of Piers from 'most despicable person in the country' to 'perhaps not so much of a cunt after all', but aware that he may get kicked by a mule and go back to normal at any time.

Wow, a flash of the old 90s Morgan there.

Captain Z

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on December 24, 2019, 07:00:22 PM
Yup... I know the man has few redeeming features but he was a very good editor of the Mirror (1995-2004)... so good in fact that he was set up by the establishment (in my and some others' opinion) with those fake army abuse photos in order to discredit him and get him fired, as he was in the habit of printing too many awkward anti-establishment stories.

I had never considered that possibility, now I'm even more conflicted.

Ferris

*Ferris reaches for his degree thesis*

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality-adjusted_life_year

I seem to remember a life is "worth" approx 350k gbp according to NICE/NHS when all said and done.

Presumably the lads at Whitehall have done the sums and it is all good so away we go. Think of the cash injection into the funeral industry! Time to buy coffin stocks.

Ferris

Quote from: Captain Z on May 07, 2020, 10:50:04 PM
I had never considered that possibility, now I'm even more conflicted.

He also punched Jeremy Clarkson.

Still a total sneering cunt though.

Cold Meat Platter

Remember Darth Vader threw that emperor down the big pit though and he was a total bellend before.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Every Irish newspaper annoys me. The Independent and the Times let assholes write opinion columns, I gave up reading the People because I got tired of reading about scumbags up in court with twenty previous convictions but no jail time, and I can't remember what the Examiner did but they did something to piss me off. I browse Ireland Simpsons Fans and then Google to see what they're mocking.

I'm old enough to vote.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 07, 2020, 10:52:53 PM
He also punched Jeremy Clarkson.

Still a total sneering cunt though.

I thought Clarkson punched him?

Maybe Morgan's no more or less shit in isolation than he ever was, but the world around him is getting shittier. So by comparison, he occasionally appears tolerable when he should still be sent to live on the moon. And then we blow up the moon.

Ferris

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on May 07, 2020, 11:58:48 PM
I thought Clarkson punched him?

Maybe Morgan's no more or less shit in isolation than he ever was, but the world around him is getting shittier. So by comparison, he occasionally appears tolerable when he should still be sent to live on the moon. And then we blow up the moon.

Oh I might have misremembered that.

They're both cunts though.

EOLAN

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 07, 2020, 11:43:10 PM
Every Irish newspaper annoys me. The Independent and the Times let assholes write opinion columns, I gave up reading the People because I got tired of reading about scumbags up in court with twenty previous convictions but no jail time, and I can't remember what the Examiner did but they did something to piss me off. I browse Ireland Simpsons Fans and then Google to see what they're mocking.

I'm old enough to vote.
Probably my Munster Junior rugby previews on the Friday were the thing that really irked you about the Cork Kerry Irish Examiner.

Tombola

So many people are going to die, but the government have 'tried' and when the next spike happens they've covered their back.

I've tried to tell people that the economy will recover but dead people won't, but it's so clear now that people will either fall for it or suffer for it. It's going to be double down until there are 20 people with money and hordes without. And thanks to a complicit media, no-one will be outraged until they're sucking off a dead rat.

Thank god we finally we have a sub-Milliband bacon rind with hair to put up some form of defence.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

All politics is applied utilitarianism. At some point it's about who'll get the money and who won't which, in many circumstances, will mean actually choosing between who gets to live and who dies.*

*This is why I could never go into politics.

Dex Sawash

We know who lives and who dies, who profits and who suffers though. It's not some difficult decision that Boris & co will agonise over.

Fuck the poor, help the rich. And slip a bit more privatisation through whilst no-one's looking, probably.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on May 08, 2020, 12:28:15 PM
All politics is applied utilitarianism. At some point it's about who'll get the money and who won't which, in many circumstances, will mean actually choosing between who gets to live and who dies.*

You're callous and ignorant. A distinguished career in the tory party awaits.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on May 08, 2020, 12:28:15 PM

The practical use of Quantitative Easing by the UK government and its effect on the contents of the above post:

Johnny Yesno

I had high hopes that the current situation would wake even the thickest of cunts up to the fact that the theory behind austerity was a complete load of cobblers. Apparently not.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 08, 2020, 01:41:53 PM
You're callous and ignorant. A distinguished career in the tory party awaits.

I think you're ignorant too, and potentially dangerous. Have a lovely day.