Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:59:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

COVID TOE

Started by Blinder Data, May 07, 2020, 10:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinder Data

Had funny red spots/wart thingies on my fingers for a week, was hoping they'd just go away. Yesterday I looked down at my feet and it looks like I've got a case of the COVID TOE

It's chillblane-like symptons, red splotches around the toes: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52493574

I'd heard about this previously from my bro in Spain to watch out for these symptons, but there doesn't seem to be much written about it (and medical advice via Whatsapp is not always to be trusted).

I rang the helpline and because I wasn't coughing/struggling to breathe they more or less told me to f off as my symptons don't appear in the official list yet. Just in case I slept in the living room last night to spare my wife any transmission of the virus. I rang the GP this morning but I'm not sure I'll get a callback for funny feet.

Am I doing the right thing? Am I overreacting?

COVID TOE

Sebastian Cobb

I've got red bits on the top of my feet. But that's because I've been going barefoot and scratching the top of one foot with the other foot.

Uncle TechTip

I've had this since about 1997. Not too worried at this stage. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that you have covid.

Blinder Data

My GP said this appears to be pretty common in people aged 25-35, indicates a mild case so I shouldn't display more serious symptoms, and my infection rate is on the way down. The symptoms themselves should clear up in a few weeks.

By the way he was talking, it sounds like we don't know much about it at this stage but it's almost deffoes a sign of COVID.

The red bits are getting more and more sore, but if COVID TOE is the extent of the vid for me I suppose I got off very lightly.

Blinder Data

I know nobody's interested but my COVID TOES are fucking painful. They've proper swelled up, forcing me to constantly bathe them in cold water, moisturise and apply cooling gel.

Is it illegal to drive in flip flops? Because the idea of putting on socks and shoes right now is very unwelcome.

Obvs better than struggling to breathe but COVID TOE is no joke.

Stay safe out there.

idunnosomename

AND THE MAN AT THE BACK SAID ME FOOTS GONE BLACK AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE COVID TOE

AND THE GIRL IN THE CORNER SAID MAN I GOTTA WARN YOU IT'LL TURN OUT TO BE COVID TOE

COVID TOE

Pijlstaart

I've had these for a couple of weeks now, had no idea it could be related to covid. Not one for foot hygiene, been able to macerate my feet quite badly in the past, but only the soles, tops have always been pristine. I thought it was much more likely to be related to shifting foot environs, they've been used to shoes 12 hours a day and suddenly I'm barefoot and never walk more than 20 feet, maybe they've grown weak in their dotage.

Dex Sawash

dissolute ocelot

Ten years ago I had a viral disease with a cough and a rash exactly like one of the pictures, had all the tests, they couldn't find what was wrong with me. I am COVID Patient One!

Blinder Data

Well, this bad boy is BACK. Got sore red welts and wart-like things on my fingers. My hands feel extra clammy too.

I haven't bothered contacting health professionals because they almost certainly have bigger fish to fry. Also, in my case the symptoms take 4-6weeks to appear, peak and recede so I would almost certainly test negative right now, even if I had COVID for a second time.

I wonder whether, like long COVID sufferers, this is just something I can expect now for the rest of my life. Is there a support group that I can join?

Pray for my toes :(

shiftwork2

Long Toe.  Generally supposed to be business as usual so contact your GP.

flotemysost

My hands have been absolutely cunted the last couple of weeks - scaly, red, blotchy rash, and bleeding (to the point where I was just walking down the high street the other day, then glanced down to see that several new, freely weeping stigmata had just appeared on the backs of my hands within the last few minutes, apropos of nothing) but I think it's most likely the cold weather and obsessive hand washing, though I can't seem to find any hand creams that help.

Sorry to hear about your toes BD, that sounds very disconcerting and uncomfortable. Perhaps there's a niche OnlyFans account to be made from this.

bgmnts

Quote from: flotemysost on November 13, 2020, 11:45:48 PM
My hands have been absolutely cunted the last couple of weeks - scaly, red, blotchy rash, and bleeding

The PHWOAR thread has a lot to answer for.

My hands have been absolutely cunted the last couple of weeks - scaly, red, blotchy rash, and bleeding (to the point where I was just walking down the high street the other day, then glanced down to see that several new, freely weeping stigmata had just appeared on the backs of my hands within the last few minutes, apropos of nothing) but I think it's most likely the cold weather and obsessive hand washing, though I can't seem to find any hand creams that help.

Sorry to hear about your toes BD, that sounds very disconcerting and uncomfortable. Perhaps there's a niche OnlyFans account to be made from this.

I used to have outrageous winter hands, and I also sometimes get flare ups of dyshidrotic eczema. Many hand creams make things worse, so I eventually found some great ones.

My recommendations are: the neutrogena Norwegian formula unscented balm (supermarkets), body shop hemp hand cream, and a body shop hemp oil I've not seen for about five years. I do wonder if hemp cooking oil might work similarly though.

I also find certain hydrocortisone creams have an ingredient in them that makes things worse in the bad stages.

I used to be so bad that I would wake myself up scratching my knuckles against my stubble or find them bloody first thing in the morning.

I don't want to offer a panacea, but those products have been great for me.

Sebastian Cobb

There were some ok suggestions in here:
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,79127.0.html

A mixture of less aggressive hand soap, nutrogena and being more complacent seemed to sort me out.

flotemysost

Quote from: bgmnts on November 14, 2020, 01:20:18 AM
The PHWOAR thread has a lot to answer for.

Hahaha.

Cheers all for the suggestions, yeah the Norwegian one has salvaged my ragged paws in the past. Got a free sample of the Body Shop hemp one a few weeks ago but unfortunately it does nothing for me.

Might try the 'Curly from Of Mice And Men' method and apply cream before going to bed with gloves on.