Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:32:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2020 - Round 3 - alan nagsworth vs Pearly-Dewdrops Drops

Started by alan nagsworth, May 07, 2020, 10:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crabwalk

Don't want an early exit for either, but Pearly has smashed it this round.

Cuellar

Very very tough to call.

But I think alan nagsworth pips it for me with his second, Gervais-baby in space, Hawking with his 'GriefChair' and demented Gervaisheart with cigar.

Spoon of Ploff

PDD for his first return... especially the bottom right image.

greencalx

Small Man Big Horse

Nags' second is beautiful stuff but I'm going with Pearly for his demented Eraserhead shot.

Wonderful Butternut

Aw fuck, so much excellent beating on Gervais and I have to choose which ones I like the most. Do you know how difficult that is?

I think I'm going to take the same logic as Poirot and vote for Pearly on the basis that the last shot is something Gervais would actually consider a good idea.

Lordofthefiles

Johnny Yesno

Aagh! I don't want to have to choose.

The standard is really high from both players and I think I'm going to have to choose Pearly simply because the server has an advantage (to my mind, anyway).

idunnosomename

i want to say "apologies to pearly" but no, it's Pearly. second shot one for the ages soz nags

selectivememory

Pearly's title defence is still going strong; he's through to the quarter-finals with a 17-7 victory here.

Good game alan, and thanks for playing.

alan nagsworth

I think that big sway in votes is a testament to Pearly's skill and humour and the win is most certainly earned. Both shots were corkers but that first one was pretty much unbeatable, and I had a really hard time thinking up a return. I think I did a decent job, since my aim was to be funny with good measure of amusing text and imagery and a fair whack of smart referencing, but honestly that Andy Millman/Eraserhead gag is just superb. I could smell defeat right there and then.

My first idea for a return was to make a dystopian scene where Gervais controls the media and there's no escaping his work and influence. Tabloids reviewing a new film as "Gervaisian", that sort of thing. I took a POV photo of myself in the bath and was going to depict myself holding a razor to my wrist like Ricky does in After Life, unable to cope with the world any more, potentially with a robot grief dog at the side of the bath saying "wat r u doing, i require nourishment" or something. The problem was that it was too heavy-handed and I just couldn't think of a way to make it funny, which was essential, so I scrapped it.

Here's the photo I was going to use:

ANYWAY! Pearly, you really deserved this victory, so congratulations to you. :)

Cerys

alan nagsworth

Heheh. Underneath the caption continues, "Tomorrow doesn't look good either!"

Crabwalk

Cerys

alan nagsworth

I set the 10 second timer and held the phone between my chin and chest. I know what it's like to suffer for my art.

Crabwalk

I think you should lay the whole blueprint out and then it can be constructed a bit at a time over centuries, like the Sagrada Familia.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 14, 2020, 10:42:06 AM
I set the 10 second timer and held the phone between my chin and chest. I know what it's like to suffer for my art.

Knobcam then.

Great match, alan. Two excellent shots though I'm sad to have missed the robot grief dog demanding sustenance.

I think "IT'S MY ACTUAL KNOB" definitely would have clinched it for you.