Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:22:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Heathrow won't give up

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 07, 2020, 02:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteHeathrow Airport has been granted permission to appeal against a block on its plans for a third runway.

In February the Court of Appeal found the government decision to allow the plans to go ahead was unlawful.

At the time the court said the government had not taken its climate commitments into account, but Heathrow said it would appeal.

The Supreme Court has now given permission for an appeal to go ahead.

Heathrow said it would go ahead with the appeal, despite the aviation sector taking a massive hit from the coronavirus crisis.

An airport spokesman said: "Responding to the impacts of Covid-19 is our priority right now. We do believe that once the benefits of air travel and connectivity have been restored in years to come, an expanded Heathrow will be required."...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52556421

Seriously? I can't imagine air travel getting back to normal demand once the pandemic is over. People will become used to not flying as much and more holidays will be taken nearer home. Airlines won't be hit as badly as cruise ships but I think the age of frequent flying is over.

We don't need a third runway at Heathrow, we need greener and faster public transport to reduce domestic flights.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 07, 2020, 02:17:37 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52556421

Seriously? I can't imagine air travel getting back to normal demand once the pandemic is over. People will become used to not flying as much and more holidays will be taken nearer home. Airlines won't be hit as badly as cruise ships but I think the age of frequent flying is over.

We don't need a third runway at Heathrow, we need greener and faster public transport to reduce domestic flights.
A fear that long distance holidays may not be possible in the future will result in a fuckton of people deliberately making a point of going to places well out of the way, I suspect.

Fambo Number Mive

bgmnts

It's only been what like 6 weeks of lockdown? It hasn't changed much

the

Don't give up
You still have planes