Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:48:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Novara Media - Dead Cats and Death Tolls

Started by Buelligan, May 07, 2020, 02:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

I'm sorry, I haven't been keeping up with threads on this board so please forgive me if this is already being covered.  I just wanted to say that Novara Media has been pretty good on addressing many of the issues surrounding the pandemic and the way that politicians and scientists are behaving as a result.

Their programme from last night really was very good indeed, it contains some really interesting facts about the government's "science-led approach" and what that's actually translating as, so I thought I'd share it.  Make a thread pointing people towards Novara as a source of information and analysis and give people the opportunity to comment on the content if they wish.

Here's Dead Cats and Death Tolls from last night.  At least they're not talking about cats baking cakes.

Funcrusher

The clip in that show where the BBC papers review has the front page of The Guardian with the headline that Britain has the highest death toll in Europe and the news anchor is totally ignoring it and talking about some fluffy human interest story in that day's Graun instead is pretty shocking. Novara at its best.

BlodwynPig

the live chat blew up at that Otter piece

Tombola

These chaps are helping me get through this depressing hellscape.

They tend to release more digestible, shareable 'highlights' the next day. e.g. Here's the bit about the science following the government: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apUy1N-y5Zg