Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:56:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Werewolves of London Mafia Day 1

Started by MSG, May 08, 2020, 09:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSG

London Town is eating itself. After 4 years of Brexit chaos, and 5 months into AC (Anno Coronavirus) 0, it's probably no wonder the night streets are empty, and the Londoners are cowering in their bedsits, paralysed with paranoia. Those weird night howls down Soho, and the pools of dried blood in Piccadilly Circus, can't be helping either.

So... Can Town hunt down and kill the hairy threat, before London goes full Lycanthrope? Let's find out...

The Rules   

1. Game setup   

This will be a standard Mafia timed game. Game Days will run for 24 hours commencing at either 10 PM or 10 AM UK time, and will be followed by a 12-hour Night phase.   

The game is split into distinct Day and Night phases. In the Day, all players can interact with each other in the game thread, talking shit, asking questions, and trying to decide who should be lynched.   

During the Night, game play stops and only the dark forces of the Mafia team and Town specials can go to work. There is no public game thread and Town players cannot communicate with others about the game.   

2. Teams   

The GM (Game Master, i.e. me, assisted by gib) will randomly assign you a role in the game, on 1 of 2 teams: the Town players and the Mafia Scum team.   

The aim of the game for Town is to find and root out all threats, in other words find and lynch all members of the Mafia Scum team.   

The Mafia scum team, on the other hand, need to achieve parity with Town -  equal numbers of Town and Scum.   

In this game there are 12 players and as it is a n00b game it will be an open setup.   

There are 3 Scum players: 2 Werewolves with no special powers, and an Alpha  Werewolf, who will appear innocent if viewed at night by the Town Cop. Scum can communicate with each other in secret during day and night phases.   

There are 9 Town players: 7 vanilla Townies who have no special powers, a Town Doctor and a Town Cop. Town players cannot communicate with each other outside of the public game thread.   

Lynched or night-killed players can no longer participate in the game.   

3. Lynch voting   

Lynching is by voting and as this a timed game, it is a First Past The Post majority vote (rather like the travesty you Poms call Parliamentary Democracy).   

You may vote to lynch player x simply by posting vote player x (bold black text).   

You can remove your vote at any time up until Nightfall by posting unvote player x, or by voting for another player - vote player y.   

Whichever player has attracted the most votes at the designated Nightfall time will be lynched.   

If there is a tie, the GM will randomise the lynch.   

4. Mayor voting   

In this game, on Day 1, you can vote to elect a Lord Mayor. The Lord Mayor's lynch vote will be worth 1.5 votes.   

You may vote to elect player a simply by posting vote player a (bold BLUE text).   

You can remove your vote at any time up until Nightfall by posting unvote player a, or by voting for another player - vote player b.   

Whichever player has attracted the most votes at the designated Nightfall time will be elected Lord Mayor.   

If there is a tie, the GM will randomise the result.   

The Lord Mayor remains in that role unless lynched or night-killed, after which a new Lord Mayor can be elected on the next game day.

5. Night actions   

The Werewolves will choose another player to night-kill each night.   

The Doc can choose to protect 1 player each night. That player will then survive if targeted by the Werewolves for a night-kill. The Doc can protect him or herself but cannot protect the same player on 2 consecutive nights.   

The Cop can choose to investigate 1 player each night, to find out if they appear to be Townsfolk or Werewolves.   

6. Mafia Ethics & Etiquette   

Living players may not game-play (i.e. post about the game) outside the game-day thread, unless permitted by their role.   

You may not quote the words of the GM in the game thread, including the description of your role or any private messages. You can paraphrase.

You may not edit your posts once posted. If you make an error, quote the post and make the edit in the quote. (And yes, I am aware I'm editing this post to add this rule.)

You must post at least once in every day phase, or risk being subbed out or rubbed out (aka god-killed).

Dead players may not post in or about the game after their death. Use the Zombie board!   

Non-players can fuck right off out of the game thread.   

As always, in the event of a dispute, the GM's decision will be final so don't argue.   

1   FerriswheelBueller
2   Paul Calf
4   Jim Bob
5   kittens
7   Cuellar
12   selectivememory
13   drummersaredeaf
14   Gregory Torso
16   pancreas
17   shiftwork2
21   Angrew Lloyg Wegger
23   Buelligan

Night / day cycle, Game II (all in UK time)
Day 1   Friday, 8/05/2020 10:00
Night 1   Saturday, 9/05/2020 10:00
Day 2   Saturday, 9/05/2020 22:00
Night 2   Sunday, 10/05/2020 22:00
Day 3   Monday, 11/05/2020 10:00
Night 3   Tuesday, 12/05/2020 10:00
Day 4   Tuesday, 12/05/2020 22:00
Night 4   Wednesday, 13/05/2020 22:00
Day 5   Thursday, 14/05/2020 10:00
Night 5   Friday, 15/05/2020 10:00

etc.   

Right. Get on with it.

Gregory Torso

What a beautful morning. Quiet streets, fresh air, bullfinches shreiking in the gorse. Ah, London! Just popping down to Londis for some fags and wine.

selectivememory

Morning everybody. Nice to be out in London when the weather is this nice and the streets are this quiet. Everyone's giving me a wide berth, but I think that's just because of the virus.

I'm just out today doing some typical Londoner things, like looking at the London Eye, walking over one of the many London bridges over the Thames, and saluting at the London palaces of our great and glorious London queen. Might pop down to Westminster a bit later on to see if I can spot Boris Johnson and then clap at him from a distance.

Gregory Torso

Right, back from the shop. Good old Londis with its good old box wine and olive drab fag packets. Just got shouted out by the old dear next door, "hey you, there's wolves on, stay indoors you fool!". Curled up watching The Wire now.

pancreas

Why is the Gavroche not open? Is something going on?

Right, time to declare who has a pet cat - who would be notoriously afraid of any nightwolf action.

kittens

gor bloimey guvnuh what a bladdy laverly dai in lan dan if oi dae sae sae moi sel. oi fink oi wil av a walk dahn to the beeyoutifull rivah, er madjesty's tems! woil dere oi fink oi wil partayk in a wrottin bahg of fetid shellfish ahn sum laverly jellyd eels, gor bloimey!

Buelligan

What are you talking about kittykat?  Something nice, I hope.  Are you off to the Gavroche?  Sounds like it.  Pancs will be jealous.

kittens

gor bloimey miss buelligan oim eva so sorry moi love oi did not mean to disturb you

Buelligan

Oh, you'd never disturb me dear kittens.  Hate to ask but have you been licking Jamie Oliver?  You seem to have caught his tongue. 

kittens

i have now been to finishing school and have learned to talk like a normal person, governer

Buelligan

kittens

who wants to be mayor then. way i see, if you're a town fella and get elected mayor, the werewolves will take you out first opportunity. they'll want a werewolf mayor for that bit of extra power. so anyone who wants to be mayor is almost certainly a werewolf. that said, i would like the power of being mayor.

vote kittens 4 mayor

Buelligan

God, I don't know what to say in the face of logic like that kittens.  I may well vote for you, but as you say, it puts a target on your back which seems a bit rash, would voting for you be like signing your death warrant?  Not sure I could go through that again.

pancreas

If you were to do something about the appalling wave of pickpocketing which is sweeping the EC2 postcodes, then I would be happy to vote for you, Kittens.

The problem is that I think you're probably one of the main culprits.

If everyone gets 0 votes as mayor, I presume the result gets randomised? And that gives the townies a 3-1 chance of getting a townie mayor.  Anyone campaigning to be mayor at this point surely has suspicious motives and should be lynched.

kittens

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 08, 2020, 12:21:42 PM
If everyone gets 0 votes as mayor, I presume the result gets randomised? And that gives the townies a 3-1 chance of getting a townie mayor.  Anyone campaigning to be mayor at this point surely has suspicious motives and should be lynched.

if this is the case, i'm happy to rescind my candidacy

kittens

i'm happy to rescind my candidacy at any point tbh

Cuellar

What a lovely day.

Saw a little old lady pottering around earlier, hope nothing atrocious befalls her.

pancreas

Quote from: Cuellar on May 08, 2020, 12:46:18 PM
What a lovely day.

Saw a little old lady pottering around earlier, hope nothing atrocious befalls her.

Buelligan? There's a mark on you. ^

selectivememory

I do have some mayoral experience, so would be a natural choice for mayor, but who would want the job in the current climate?

Therefore I vote kittens for mayor given he seems so willing to take the heat that comes with the job.

Anyway, off to get my typical London lunch of gruel and slop washed down with a warm lager.

Paul Calf

Good afternoon everyone. Just leaving my London pied-a-terre for a stroll around Hampstead Heath.

pancreas

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 08, 2020, 01:07:22 PM
Good afternoon everyone. Just leaving my London pied-a-terre for a stroll around Hampstead Heath.

Another betwixt-twig peeper, I see. Nothing wrong with that, all the society girls are at it.

kittens

i'm out knocking on doors campaigning to be the new mayor of london. i'll clean this place up or my name isn't mayor kittens the most special mayor there ever was.

Paul Calf

Quote from: pancreas on May 08, 2020, 01:11:04 PM
Another betwixt-twig peeper, I see. Nothing wrong with that, all the society girls are at it.

I'll thank you to retract that foul act of defamation. I am taking a break from writing the next volume of my memoirs.

Buelligan

Quote from: pancreas on May 08, 2020, 12:59:12 PM
Buelligan? There's a mark on you. ^

Why can't you ever just say something nice?

pancreas

Quote from: Buelligan on May 08, 2020, 01:21:07 PM
Why can't you ever just say something nice?

Alright, never let it be said that I'm monotone ... You serve a very passable ratatouille.

Ferris

Well I'm convinced, kittens is the man we need in these crazy times.

Hello, everyone. Anyone feeling particularly scared of... this GARLIC!

Gregory Torso

Quote from: kittens on May 08, 2020, 01:12:45 PM
i'm out knocking on doors campaigning to be the new mayor of london. i'll clean this place up or my name isn't mayor kittens the most special mayor there ever was.

Hello, kittens. What are your policies on man wolfs?

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Hello you prole scumbags. If I catch any lupine bastards twatarsing about my domain there will be bastard hell to pay.