Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:56:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Werewolves of London Mafia Day 1

Started by MSG, May 08, 2020, 09:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

I vote kittens for mayor as I don't believe even the most committed werewolf could stand up to a sustained campaign of bike falling offs

kittens

Quote from: Gregory Torso on May 08, 2020, 02:13:19 PM
Hello, kittens. What are your policies on man wolfs?

i hate their guts! i would dearly love nothing more than for my beloved home town of wait for it london to be free of horrid man wolfs.

Gregory Torso

Well, that's good enough for me. I cast a vote for kittens

kittens

Ferris

While we're on the subject, I'd like to make it clear that I also don't like werewolves and am 100% a goodie, honest.

Jim Bob

But what if kittens isn't a kitten but is in fact of the canis lupus persuasion?  The last thing we need is a mayor with eyebrows which meet in the middle, casting votes with x1.5 the power.  That kitten could have claws!  Claws and fangs.  Very big fangs, all the better for eating you with!  Vote wisely, people.

As for myself, I shall refrain from voting for a mayor on this first day.  It seems to early to call it.  I will leave that in the hands of the rest of you.  I just pray that said hands are not excessively hairy and suspiciously paw shaped.

kittens

if i'm not a werewolf i'll get killed in the night by the werewolves. if i am, i'll survive and you can kill me tomorrow. but i give you, the fine of wait for it london town, my word that i am a purebred human being

kittens

Quote from: kittens on May 08, 2020, 02:52:16 PM
if i'm not a werewolf i'll get killed in the night by the werewolves. if i am, i'll survive and you can kill me tomorrow. but i give you, the fine of wait for it london town, my word that i am a purebred human being

i meant to say 'people' after fine but i'm not allowed to edit it. this is the one and only mistake i will make jn the service of this fine city or wait for it old london town.

pancreas

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 08, 2020, 02:09:08 PM
Well I'm convinced, kittens is the man we need in these crazy times.

Hello, everyone. Anyone feeling particularly scared of... this GARLIC!

That's for draculas you idiot.

Ferris

Quote from: pancreas on May 08, 2020, 02:55:40 PM
That's for draculas you idiot.

Then how do you explain your aversion to... this CROSS

Buelligan

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 08, 2020, 02:48:41 PM
As for myself, I shall refrain from voting for a mayor on this first day.  It seems to early to call it.  I will leave that in the hands of the rest of you.  I just pray that said hands are not excessively hairy and suspiciously paw shaped.

Do we have to vote first day? 

selectivememory

So Ferris just waltzes in to announce that he's a goodie, lads, honest? Weird behaviour. Either he protests too much, or he's a liability for us good townsfolk. Either way, I think we should get rid. 

Vote player Ferris

Buelligan

Just checked the rules, we do.  We have to vote for mayor today or not at all. I vote kittens then, but I do it with a troubled heart.

Ferris

Quote from: selectivememory on May 08, 2020, 03:00:57 PM
So Ferris just waltzes in to announce that he's a goodie, lads, honest? Weird behaviour. Either he protests too much, or he's a liability for us good townsfolk. Either way, I think we should get rid. 

Vote player Ferris

Trying to get rid of the goodies solely on the basis they might be liabilities? Shady shit, man. Shady shit.

Vote player selectivememory

Surely it makes sense to either abstain (or organise the vote so everyone has 1) and it is subsequently randomised. Too early to predict affiliations at the minute, and any shenanigans where people deviate from the agreed pattern, or change votes right at the death reveal them to be a baddie. 

Ferris

Actually that's probably true. Shooting randomly (or just because it is funny) is a 3/4 chance of hitting a goodie.

Unvote player selectivememory

How have previous games figured out baddies?

kittens

can't on the first day. only way is if they do something suspicious, like nominate themselves mayor and aggressively campaign to get that role.

selectivememory

I'm sorry, but going "Hey everyone, look at me, I'm a goodie!" is a massive red flag to me. At best we can say Ferris is muddying the waters unintentionally, but my gut feeling is he is an inept wolfman who doesn't know how good, decent, honest townsfolk talk to one another. This isn't a Ricky Gervais sitcom, you don't have to announce to everyone how good you are; people will do you the courtesy of assuming you are until you give them cause to think otherwise.

I'm going to stick with my vote for the time being.

Ferris

Fair enough. I am genuinely a goodie btw.

I'm holding off my vote for I guess, taking my own advice.

Gregory Torso

I looked through the rules and I don't think we have to vote to lynch someone.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Buelligan on May 08, 2020, 03:01:07 PM
Just checked the rules, we do.  We have to vote for mayor today or not at all. I vote kittens then, but I do it with a troubled heart.

We don't all have to vote, I'm pretty sure.  The only rule as far as I'm aware is that everyone must say something every day.  That something needn't involve a vote.

I think it probably is wise to lynch though, even if not necessarily today while we feel things out. The wolfcunts will strike in the night no matter what the rest of us do.

Jim Bob

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 08, 2020, 04:05:41 PM
I think it probably is wise to lynch though, even if not necessarily today while we feel things out. The wolfcunts will strike in the night no matter what the rest of us do.

Oh, yes. Absolutely.  A lynching is never a bad thing.

*polishes baseball bat and sharpens knife*

shiftwork2

Like the theme, much better than the other game.  However, if I could give a word of advice - don't make me miss.

shiftwork2

I have decided that Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon is balls.  This is the tune of the game.

shiftwork2

Yes kittens for mayor please.  Don't lynch him again ffs.

Ferris

What are the rules on lynching mayors? Assume it is frowned upon but not technically illegal?

Buelligan

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 08, 2020, 04:02:53 PM
We don't all have to vote, I'm pretty sure.  The only rule as far as I'm aware is that everyone must say something every day.  That something needn't involve a vote.

No, sorry, I meant on the matter of mayor, we have to vote today or not at all.  Voting for mayor only happens on Day 1 (according to what I read at the beginning of the thread). 

On the lynchings we can choose to vote or not and will get a fresh vote each day.

shiftwork2

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.  For our leader I want a man who can demolish a massive baguette.

vote kittens