Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:35:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Werewolves of London Mafia Day 1

Started by MSG, May 08, 2020, 09:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Quote from: Buelligan on May 08, 2020, 04:24:10 PM
No, sorry, I meant on the matter of mayor, we have to vote today or not at all.  Voting for mayor only happens on Day 1 (according to what I read at the beginning of the thread). 

Possibly, but it's worth noting that some people will vote for a mayor on day 1 (and have already done) regardless of if you vote or not, so if you don't wish to cast a vote at this early stage (like myself), then you needn't do.  Personally, I don't wish to be responsible for putting a werewolf in a position of power, though I'm willing to remain on the fence and see how other people's votes play out.

Jim Bob

Oh and also, like the last game, considering that I have no real inclination as to who's who at this early stage, I shall vote for myself for the lynching.

*puts gun to head (not loaded with silver bullets, note)*

Vote Jim Bob

kittens

is it necessary to lynch someone on day 1? as we don't have any details, odds are it will be a normal townsperson.

kittens

^very statesmanlike. very electable

Jim Bob

Quote from: kittens on May 08, 2020, 04:39:18 PM
is it necessary to lynch someone on day 1? as we don't have any details, odds are it will be a normal townsperson.

It's not required to lynch anyone on any day.  The problem is that the VEREWOLVES can eliminate a townie in the night, so if we were to remain passive, they would eventually kill us all whilst we sat there like some kind of collective Gandhi cunt.

kittens

what i'm saying is we should wait and see who the werewolves target so then we have some idea of who to go for, rather than picking randomly and most likely killing a townie.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 08, 2020, 04:36:59 PM
*puts gun to head (not loaded with silver bullets, note)*

Vote Jim Bob

Uh, just realised that I should have loaded my gun with silver bullets if I wanted to prove that I wasn't a VEREWOLVE.  Crickey!  Made myself look like a reet wrong 'un there.

Jim Bob

Quote from: kittens on May 08, 2020, 04:58:54 PM
what i'm saying is we should wait and see who the werewolves target so then we have some idea of who to go for, rather than picking randomly and most likely killing a townie.

I agree and shall abstain from voting for a mayor or from voting for anyone but myself for a lynching at this early stage.  Others won't follow suit however.  The last game taught me that.

selectivememory

The rules say that if there is a tie, the mods will randomise the lynching. Does 0 votes all around count as a tie? Because if it does, someone is definitely going to get lynched today, and so we might as well have a say in it rather than leave it to chance, especially given the worst case scenario is the same in both cases.

kittens

GAMES MASTER WE REQUIRE CLARIFICATION

Jim Bob

Quote from: kittens on May 08, 2020, 05:20:33 PM
GAMES MASTER WE REQUIRE CLARIFICATION

"Vote GamesMaster for Mayor. GamesMayor 4 the win!!!"

Jim Bob

Well, that was fucking helpful.  Cheers, kittens.

Gregory Torso

I assume that if no one votes, no one gets lynched. If we all voted, then it would go to the mods decision. So far only selectivememory and Jim Bob have voted, so if they unvote their nominations, no one gets lynched?

Ferris

Quote from: kittens on May 08, 2020, 04:58:54 PM

If we don't vote, or vote and get it wrong, we end up with the same outcome. One dead goodie (not the funky gibbon variety).

But if we vote and get it right we end up ahead of the game 25% of the time.

So basically the choice is between 0% and 25% of finishing ahead of the game. Neither is great, but guessing is better than not guessing.

Jim Bob

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 08, 2020, 05:31:48 PM
If we don't vote, or vote and get it wrong, we end up with the same outcome. One dead goodie (not the funky gibbon variety).

So basically the choice is between 0% and 25% of finishing ahead of the game. Neither is great, but guessing is better than not guessing.

Exactly.  Vote Jim Bob, people.  You know it makes sense.  Who'd trust a cunt like me?  I certainly wouldn't.

Ferris

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 08, 2020, 05:42:31 PM
Exactly.  Vote Jim Bob, people.  You know it makes sense.  Who'd trust a cunt like me?  I certainly wouldn't.

ok

Vote player Jim Bob

Jim Bob

kittens

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 08, 2020, 05:31:48 PM

that's not right.

kittens

if we dont vote, no one is lunched by us. 1 killed by werewolves in night regardless

Jim Bob

*psst* FerriswheelBueller seemed awful quick to vote for a townie who offered himself up (like a lamb to the slaughter you might say).

Keep an eye on that one, folks.

Jim Bob

Quote from: kittens on May 08, 2020, 05:45:36 PM
if we dont vote, no one is lunched by us. 1 killed by werewolves in night regardless

Aye, but no werewolves are lynched either.

Ferris

Quote from: kittens on May 08, 2020, 05:45:36 PM

That's what I meant, 1 goodie dies regardless so we're better off voting and taking a shot no?

Might not have the hang of this.

selectivememory

I'll definitely reconsider my vote if we don't have to lynch anyone tonight. My assumption was that no votes would mean a random player would get lynched.

Ferris

Quote from: selectivememory on May 08, 2020, 05:47:18 PM
I'll definitely reconsider my vote if we don't have to lynch anyone tonight. My assumption was that no votes would mean a random player would get lynched.

And mine tbh.

I'm waiting for the mayor to tell me what to do.

Jim Bob

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 08, 2020, 05:47:10 PM
That's what I meant, 1 goodie dies regardless so we're better off voting and taking a shot no?

Might not have the hang of this.

Possibly not, but you fell into my trap of exposing the werewolves.  Maybe you're just clueless but still, I am suspicious of your eagerness to vote for someone who you possibly already know to be a townie.

Unvote Jim Bob

Vote FerriswheelBueller

Jim Bob

This ain't my first rodeo.  Note that I was one of only two surviving players (both of us townies) last game.  Admittedly that was mostly down to pure chance but still, it's gotta count for something... right?

Jim Bob

I'm 50% sure that FerriswheelBueller is a werewolf.  Maybe 25%, possibly 10%.  With numbers like that who can argue?!  Lynch the fucker.

kittens

i don't think we should vote for anyone to die today. that is my decree as future mayor

Ferris

I appreciate your honesty, but I really am this useless. I stand by my vote, ensnaring poor idiots like me. For shame.

Edit: ok ok thank you mr mayor unvote player Jim bob

Jim Bob

Quote from: kittens on May 08, 2020, 05:54:25 PM
i don't think we should vote for anyone to die today. that is my decree as future mayor

Never gonna happen.  Somebody will vote regardless of a call for an end to animosity, I guarantee it.  Still, if it shall please you...

Unvote FerriswheelBueller