Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:42:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Really? By who.....Some Bin men" - Best League Moments.

Started by Fr.Bigley, May 08, 2020, 05:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr.Bigley

Dedicated thread to the less observed lines of this classic.

magval

" 'ave you seen me?"

Hardest I've laughed in my entire life.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I honestly believe that Geoff is one of the greatest comedy characters of all time, so pretty much everything he ever said was gold.

"Cherries are only really small, though, aren't they?!"

DigForVictory

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 08, 2020, 08:27:22 PM
I honestly believe that Geoff is one of the greatest comedy characters of all time, so pretty much everything he ever said was gold.

Geoff is just an incredible character. In a show full of grotesques and supernatural monsters Geoff still manages to stand out.

I don't know if anyone does anger as well or as funny as Reece Shearsmith , even when Geoff is being quiet you can see the rage within him, it's fucking great.

Him handing some toilet roll to Mike, "all posh look", brilliant.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 08, 2020, 09:20:24 PM
'HOW D'YA SHAVE??!??'

One of my favourite lines. It's the way Pemberton quietly exits the frame, then rushes back in to shout the one question he's been desperate to ask.

Benjaminos

"It's the title of the film, Krzysztof Kielslowski's Trois Couleur: Bleu."
"Dracula's what?"

Quote from: DigForVictory on May 08, 2020, 09:02:14 PM
I don't know if anyone does anger as well or as funny as Reece Shearsmith , even when Geoff is being quiet you can see the rage within him, it's fucking great.

Cleese, Mayall and Shearsmith are the greatest angry comedy actors. Unhinged mania par excellence.

Hats off, too, to the LOG make-up and costume departments for making Geoff look perfect. The thinning perm, the sweaty, ruddy complexion (a heart attack waiting to happen), and the beige, grey, clumpy wardrobe. Such a beautifully realised character in every way.

JamesTC

Benjaminos

Quote from: magval on May 08, 2020, 08:11:06 PM
" 'ave you seen me?"

Hardest I've laughed in my entire life.

The bit in Apocalypse that makes me laugh the hardest is where Geoff distracts Hillary Briss by shouting 'ohh, there's a load of sausages look!' and runs off.

quinlad

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 08, 2020, 08:27:22 PM

Completely agree. Love Geoff.

checkoutgirl

Does it stink in 'ere?

A bit yeah.

Yeah it's them bins.

DigForVictory

They put me in a box with me coat on.....I know it don't sound much when you say it out loud..

Just to get away from Geoff for a bit, the whole Xmas special should qualify as their best moment. One of my favourite christmas episodes of anything.

Genuinely frightening ending to it too.

Quote from: DigForVictory on May 08, 2020, 11:34:57 PM
Just to get away from Geoff for a bit, the whole Xmas special should qualify as their best moment. One of my favourite christmas episodes of anything.

Shearsmith crashing into the room on his tiny bicycle. Fucking Nora, it's hilarious.

petril

the little kid going "aw, fuck" at the end of the Maxi Power story in series three is probably my favourite bit of comedy swearing ever

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 08, 2020, 11:45:57 PM
Shearsmith crashing into the room on his tiny bicycle. Fucking Nora, it's hilarious.

Exactly what I thought of when I read that. The look on his face as he's riding around on it.

Brundle-Fly

PlasticTom

"Has she got a lawyer? She better haven't had! The amusing epilogue in the story is that the woman later miscarried. Chalk it up".

petril

checkoutgirl

Oh Ron I'm nearly there. Use me. Use me.
Oh hello Mrs Levinson, Ron was just filling a crack in the bedroom.

So I heard.

Still....*looks at livng room in a state full of feral kids*...you have this place nice.

checkoutgirl

Thanks for speaking to us.

It's a fucking pleasure.

Ferris

Put me down as another Geoff Tipps fan. Just magic.

Also love the cleaner/housewife couple who's name I forget. The musical delivery of "this way, that way, some of it barely legal!" enters my internal monologue at the oddest times. Lovely rhythm in the delivery.

Dr Syntax Head

I once saw daddy beat a man until both he and the man were crying