Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:47:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Really? By who.....Some Bin men" - Best League Moments.

Started by Fr.Bigley, May 08, 2020, 05:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Malcy on May 15, 2020, 07:01:11 PM
Matt Lucas Ft Pam Doove

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealMattLucas/status/1261310372507611137

Skoov me. Has anee badee gat anee baddle a aran doof? Reece is a unique voice.

Also I'm a huge fan of Matt Lucas's early stuff like Rock Profile, George Dawes (and other Vic 'n' Bob stuff) and The Quill on the Dennis Pennis Too Rude to Live video. Always made me sad when on the Thomas and Way podcast he denigrated his early comedy work by saying

"I smoked pot and I thought this was art"

when I think it was art.

checkoutgirl

You work-shy set of bastards, what's the point of you coming in? Sit up straight you bone-idle lazy cun...

Clownbaby

Quote from: checkoutgirl on May 15, 2020, 09:41:24 PM
Skoov me. Has anee badee gat anee baddle a aran doof? Reece is a unique voice.

Also I'm a huge fan of Matt Lucas's early stuff like Rock Profile, George Dawes (and other Vic 'n' Bob stuff) and The Quill on the Dennis Pennis Too Rude to Live video. Always made me sad when on the Thomas and Way podcast he denigrated his early comedy work by saying

"I smoked pot and I thought this was art"

when I think it was art.

He said that? Fuck sake.

Even stupider when the stuff he's done since has mainly been clart.  Guess he's one of them who perceives his own stuff the opposite of his audience

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Clownbaby on May 15, 2020, 10:54:19 PM
He said that? Fuck sake.

Even stupider when the stuff he's done since has mainly been clart.  Guess he's one of them who perceives his own stuff the opposite of his audience

I dunno. Any time I've heard a Lucas interview I've liked him. Maybe he meant it wasn't art in the grown up, human condition type films like Taxi Driver or Wild Strawberries that people in the entertainment business should aim for as they get older. Maybe he was being self deprecating.

Clownbaby

Quote from: checkoutgirl on May 15, 2020, 11:33:15 PM
I dunno. Any time I've heard a Lucas interview I've liked him. Maybe he meant it wasn't art in the grown up, human condition type films like Taxi Driver or Wild Strawberries that people in the entertainment business should aim for as they get older. Maybe he was being self deprecating.

Even if he was just being self deprecating it's always a shame when creators don't like something they did anywhere near as much as everyone else does. But aye I'd probably lean toward it being him just talking himself down cause he does come across as a good bunch of lads from what I've seen of him.

Don't wanna derail t'thread like I nearly just did so I'll finish with a League bit (more a shot than a line) that pops into my head and it's simply Reece Shearsmith's angry little legs in them tights he wears as Stella, briskly walking down the street

Another beautifully seething Reece character. She's such a bitter cow, I live for it

that face

SteveDave

"It's a lady's arm! It's not even on right!"

"Call me any time day or night...except night"

"I can hear him through the walls, pooing and weeing at the same time...and that's in the airing cupboard"

paruses

Quote from: SteveDave on May 16, 2020, 12:25:18 AM

"Call me any time day or night...except night"

Who /what's that one from? Has really made me laugh this morning.

alan nagsworth

"Is there something round the back?"

"Oh yeh."

"Right!"

"... A Fiesta wi' its engine fucked."

I love the way Les' collar wilts in this scene, when he realises his old bandmates have run off with all his money. That mechanic guy Pemberton plays is great as well, he makes a reappearance in season 3 when the joke shop owner gets the arm transplant. "Look at yer arm, 'tis all gurlish and furr!"

neveragain

Quote from: paruses on May 16, 2020, 10:03:06 AM
Who /what's that one from? Has really made me laugh this morning.

Reece's hospital DJ in Lance's series 3 episode.

Catalogue Trousers

shiftwork2

Clownbaby

"Smells like, er, eggs"
"Well they are in it"

-

"Wot's an 'omunculus?"

Fr.Bigley

McQueen, there's arse's need wiping......

MCQUEEN!

Gulftastic

quinlad

The calamari, Luigi. Is that... salad, lemon wedge?

Kryton

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 09, 2020, 01:48:51 AM
Put me down as another Geoff Tipps fan. Just magic.

Also love the cleaner/housewife couple who's name I forget. The musical delivery of "this way, that way, some of it barely legal!" enters my internal monologue at the oddest times. Lovely rhythm in the delivery.

When they found those carrier bags hidden in the ceiling full of sick.

Kryton

I could be sat next to Mr Waddilove stinking of shit!

Kryton

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 16, 2020, 01:26:50 PM
"Is there something round the back?"

"Oh yeh."

"Right!"

"... A Fiesta wi' its engine fucked."

I love the way Les' collar wilts in this scene, when he realises his old bandmates have run off with all his money. That mechanic guy Pemberton plays is great as well, he makes a reappearance in season 3 when the joke shop owner gets the arm transplant. "Look at yer arm, 'tis all gurlish and furr!"

Was that a happy accident or was it deliberate, I've always wondered. I assume it was fishing wire or something, but it'd be wonderful if it was just the breeze at the right time.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Kryton on May 21, 2020, 12:07:51 AM
I could be sat next to Mr Waddilove stinking of shit!

This refuses to not float into my head every day since I first heard the line

Kryton

Quote from: Clownbaby on May 21, 2020, 12:44:12 AM

This refuses to not float into my head every day since I first heard the line

Realised you posted this too on the previous page. But yes, excellent in tone and delivery.

Also Pauline having a go at Cathy Carter Smith 'You Tubby little tit-witch!'

alan nagsworth

I came here to mention Cathy Carter-Smith as well. Another wonderfully venomous performance from Shearsmith. I bloody love the way she lays into Mickey.

"Sit DOWN monkey man!"

Quote from: Clownbaby on May 16, 2020, 12:04:20 AM
Reece Shearsmith's angry little legs in them tights he wears as Stella, briskly walking down the street

This image and your description of it has been locked into my head all week, it's brilliant.

Kryton

Only in one episode but these guys were terrifying.

'This is Anne, don't laugh'.

David Warner examining Geoff's coat. "George of Asda... Who art thou, Asda?!"

I know Apocalypse isn't rated highly and the plot's all over the (local) shop but I can't help loving a film with so many lovely lines and performances.

paruses

Quote from: Old Gold Tooth on May 21, 2020, 10:00:13 PM
David Warner examining Geoff's coat. "George of Asda... Who art thou, Asda?!"

I know Apocalypse isn't rated highly and the plot's all over the (local) shop but I can't help loving a film with so many lovely lines and performances.

Same. Geoff is the star of it I think - and from memory. I must watch again though. Is it on Netflix?

I often say: "I know it dunt sound much" after relating some work or home based woes.

and

"That, my son, is an 'omunculus" if asked what something is.

Quote from: Kryton on May 21, 2020, 09:21:38 PM

Only in one episode but these guys were terrifying.

'This is Anne, don't laugh'.

Forgot about these two - one of my favourite sketches in the whole of the League.

"TUESSSDAAYYYSSS!!"

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Dave The Triffids on May 22, 2020, 01:04:45 PM
Forgot about these two - one of my favourite sketches in the whole of the League.

"TUESSSDAAYYYSSS!!"

"Yes it is it's a FACTUAL RENDERING" *rolls eyes*

Pure class.

"Have you ever fantasized about having a threesome?"
"No, not since Milli Vanilli split up"

alan nagsworth

That one scene in series 3 when Phil from Legz Akimbo (Gatiss) meets his old friend Tish (Pemberton) in Camden Market. Awful faux-hippie cunt who treats her gay pals like accessories or status symbols, absolutely every fucking word she says is so astutely repellant. For a throwaway character in a 2-minute scene with no big punchline it is remarkably effective and very, very relatable.

"How much is that? 35 squids?! Piss off! You could get this in India for like 1p, half a p, something like that. Camden's such a rip off I love it."

Ugh she makes my skin crawl.