Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:50:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

GTA Online

Started by VegaLA, May 08, 2020, 05:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizla

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on December 29, 2020, 08:52:58 PM
If you repeatedly do the heists you can earn half a mil or more each time. However they will normally need a partner.
If anyone is on PS4 and wants to do a load of heists I'm up for it. As I mentioned above, I'm still to do the Lester ones, far less the zancudo hangar stuff or the arcade shit. Trying to find 3 players online at once prepared to do all the set-ups has proved utterly impossible in the 4+ years I've been playing this bastard. I guess you need to be all over the gta forums making "friends" and actually organising sessions, what sort of sad git has the time for that?[nb]I'm going to do that tonight I think[/nb]

I finally got the cayo perico thing completed, albeit with silent randoms - that would be a great laugh with a good squad all on mic, as it's fairly easy and fun.

I'm currently thrumming myself through the early chapters of RDR2 for the 4th time anyway, got some panther and beaver hunting to be getting on with.

Ferris

On PS4 and would be up for it, but wouldn't be able to get on until midnight UK time realistically which is not the best

Rizla

Famous Mortimer

I got myself a Zentorno (turns out the version of the game I bought gave me a free $1 million) and I'm definitely more competitive now. I am still a terrible driver, however, so now I feel worse because I just have myself to blame.

QDRPHNC

I spent the last two weeks grinding to be able to afford the Toreador, and it's fucking brilliant.

QDRPHNC

Really getting to grips with this thing now, and it's brilliant. The Toreador, first of all, looks amazing. Based on a Lamborghini concept (from the 80s?). Has machine guns and homing missiles, a mad turbo boost, amazing handling and - best of all - can turn into a submersible for exploring underwater, avoiding cops or scarpering from the aircraft carrier 500 feet down.

It's also fantastic for taking down cunts in Oppressors (because the Toreador can take about 5 homing missiles before it blows up) and assassination missions.

Love it!

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on December 31, 2020, 05:47:57 PM

Really getting to grips with this thing now, and it's brilliant. The Toreador, first of all, looks amazing. Based on a Lamborghini concept (from the 80s?).

Oh right yeah looks nice and... wait wh-

QuoteHas machine guns and homing missiles, a mad turbo boost, amazing handling and - best of all - can turn into a submersible for exploring underwater, avoiding cops or scarpering from the aircraft carrier 500 feet down.

The what?!

I'll have to download this again won't I? Right, off I go.

QDRPHNC

It's a Business Battle that occurs sometimes. You need to make your way out to the carrier, shoot a bunch of soldiers in their heads, steal their stuff, then leg it.

Famous Mortimer

I encountered my first hacker today, who killed me a few times, laughed when I tried shooting them, then gave me some money. Thumbs up to the experience, I say.

I'm still no good at racing, and I'm coming to the realisation that you can't try and avoid other people in the first few turns. You might as well get stuck in, because if you're going to be involved in a crash (as you are, 99% of the time) you might as well have a laugh. And being aggressive is better than being passive.

That Toreador looks lovely, I shall keep playing and earning and see what pops up (I can't get my head round grinding, so anything will take me a while).

Famous Mortimer

Judging from the results of the races I've been in, it seems unless you have a $2 million + vehicle in whatever class you're racing in, you're not going to win. The Zentorno is not even close in top speed to the Krieger, when it comes to supercars. I'm a little closer on bikes, but still.

Apart from special races, where everyone's in the same vehicle, it makes racing in public lobbies sort of pointless. The amount of money you get from finishing 7th (depending on how many expensive supercars are in the race with you), you might as well go and do something else until you've got $3 mill in the bank.

Does anyone know a place where you can look for or advertise yourself to groups?

letsgobrian

I've done the Cayo Perico heist at least 6 times over the past week, with friends, randoms and solo, and I'm erring towards it being easiest solo.

Certainly it has the best time:money ratio of any activity in the game so far. Still haven't managed to completely stealth my way off the island yet, though can make it through the compound with little problem now.

QDRPHNC

Spent all of yesterday banging my head against the CP heist solo, but at least I got it down cold. Did it twice today solo, in 30 mins each time - first with no alarms, second I alerted a guard just as I was leaving the airfield. Doing it with randoms is a one-way ticket to nowhere.

If you go in the south gate, you can get in and out of the compound with only 2 kills.

QDRPHNC

Also, it's worth picking up the Sparrow for the sub if you can afford it. It makes the set up missions so much easier. I love the Toreador, but having to make my way to and from the sub underwater each time was becoming a grind.

Famous Mortimer

I need some friends. Playing in public lobbies is almost always frustrating, partly because, with customs on, you have less than no margin for error. Like, I could drive a perfect race in my Zentorno, but someone with a Krieger only needs to be average to beat me by a good distance. And, to be fair, I'm not a perfect driver. Same with sports cars, but the gulf in bike quality isn't always that apparent.

So, no sense moaning any more about it. It's a lot of fun to play, anyway.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Every time I see you're online and try to join there's an error (presumably you're in a race) or by the time the game actually finished loading you're gone! Sure I'll catch you at some point

Famous Mortimer

Two enthusiastic thumbs up to playing with someone you know. Rich Uncle Skeleton is a GBOL.

Famous Mortimer

Survival Series is double RP / $ at the moment, and it's quite good fun, so if you want to hop on, come and say hello.

QDRPHNC

Read a rumour that the "enhanced for next gen" version of GTAV is being built in the RDR2 engine.

Did Cayo Perico a bunch of times, sitting with a cool 10 mil right now. Got me a mobile operations centre, a terrorbyte and the submarine. Think I need a break from grinding. It's been fun taking down oppressor cunts with the toreador, but it does tend to get you put into lobbies with even bigger cunts, so I'm going to give that a break too.

mobias

Quote from: QDRPHNC on January 15, 2021, 01:47:34 PM
Read a rumour that the "enhanced for next gen" version of GTAV is being built in the RDR2 engine.

Yeah apparently its a much bigger upgrade than what the last gen version was over the last, last gen version. There's also rumours that Liberty City will be part of it and I reckon thats a good bet.

Also, its being developed back in GTA's hometown of Dundee so thats got to be a good thing.

QDRPHNC

That would be great if LC was in there. I miss the multiple cities of San Andreas - a next gen Las Venturas could look amazing.

After playing RDR2, and feeling the scale of the northern mountainous regions compared to GTAV, it would be neat if they extended the map north, up into what felt like the Canadian rockies, very high altitude, permanent snow, thin winding roads for doing haulage missions. It'd be ace.

mobias

I don't think the GTAV map will be altered other than you might be able to fly to Liberty City, which I presume will be positioned off in the sea somewhere, similar to the PC mod that currently exists. The new version sounds like its just getting a visual overhaul with ray tracing and all that sort of thing plus new weather effects bringing it more inline with RDR2. The only other map difference is that it may include North Yankton this time, which rumour has it was fully fleshed out for the much fabled GTAV DLC which never came to be.

As for Las Venturas. I know very little about GTAVI but my money is firmly on it being set in Northern San Andreas. Which would include Las Venturas, San Fierro and possibly another city location too as well as a massive sprawling map that includes high mountain ranges and all the rest of it.   

Rizla

Still haven't managed to complete this CP heist solo - i'm managing to get in through the drains and out the main gate with stealth, but it seems impossible to get to the docks and away without getting assblasted by  a never-ending squadron of attack helicopters. Very frustrating.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Rizla on January 15, 2021, 05:43:21 PM
Still haven't managed to complete this CP heist solo - i'm managing to get in through the drains and out the main gate with stealth, but it seems impossible to get to the docks and away without getting assblasted by  a never-ending squadron of attack helicopters. Very frustrating.

If you're able to make it to the docks, you can do two stealthy kills, and hop in one of boats docked without anyone else seeing you. They'll notice when you leave, but you'll be mostly all the way done by the time the helicopters catch up with you.

You can also escape by swimming. If you go out the main gate, run towards the west coast of the island. There's one area of the cliffs that has a noticeable gentle slope. You can get in the water, stay as deep as you can, and escape that way.

Famous Mortimer

My quest to learn to race well continues. I've got the full set of upgrades for the cars now, and the only issue is I'm using the cheaper cars (if someone wants to give me about ten mill, I'll upgrade to all the best cars and bikes, but til then I'll have to make do). Getting the odd win when customs are turned off, too, and I'm doing okay in the special vehicle races.

But I get fucked at the first corner so often that blaming it on bad luck seems unlikely. I'm doing something wrong, so I need to figure out what it is. Perhaps it's being in not the top car, so even if I boost off the start the big boys catch me too quickly and I'm just in the melee way too often. But if I hang back I've got little chance of catching up.

Still, it's a lot of fun.

letsgobrian

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 16, 2021, 02:48:13 AM
My quest to learn to race well continues. I've got the full set of upgrades for the cars now, and the only issue is I'm using the cheaper cars (if someone wants to give me about ten mill, I'll upgrade to all the best cars and bikes, but til then I'll have to make do). Getting the odd win when customs are turned off, too, and I'm doing okay in the special vehicle races.

But I get fucked at the first corner so often that blaming it on bad luck seems unlikely. I'm doing something wrong, so I need to figure out what it is. Perhaps it's being in not the top car, so even if I boost off the start the big boys catch me too quickly and I'm just in the melee way too often. But if I hang back I've got little chance of catching up.

Still, it's a lot of fun.

Unless you are racing with likeminded people you are going to get frustrated on GTA Online races. The Slipsteam & Catchup mechanisms are there to make the game more random and have more crashes. For example, if catchup is on, if you are in the lead, the game actively slows you down.

That being said knowing of the existence of curb boosting will give you an edge over those who don't. Plenty of YT videos will explain it.

Rizla

Quote from: QDRPHNC on January 15, 2021, 10:26:57 PM
If you're able to make it to the docks, you can do two stealthy kills, and hop in one of boats docked without anyone else seeing you. They'll notice when you leave, but you'll be mostly all the way done by the time the helicopters catch up with you.

You can also escape by swimming. If you go out the main gate, run towards the west coast of the island. There's one area of the cliffs that has a noticeable gentle slope. You can get in the water, stay as deep as you can, and escape that way.
Wicked, the bejewelled tequila is mine at last. In a big sexy thunderstorm too.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: letsgobrian on January 16, 2021, 03:20:52 PM

Unless you are racing with likeminded people you are going to get frustrated on GTA Online races. The Slipsteam & Catchup mechanisms are there to make the game more random and have more crashes. For example, if catchup is on, if you are in the lead, the game actively slows you down.

That being said knowing of the existence of curb boosting will give you an edge over those who don't. Plenty of YT videos will explain it.
Ta. I had a nice hour or so just now with a non-contact minded host, which was a lot less stressful.

I also spent a pile of cash on getting a few businesses off the ground, then almost immediately realised it was boring as hell, especially on my own.

Famous Mortimer

I've decided to set myself a target of earning the $ for a Deluxo, just for fun (and, I suppose, so I can do some missions much more easily). Not cheap, though, so I'd best get on with it.

QDRPHNC

Did the same thing for the Toreador. Combination of bunker sales, haulage and headhunter. Also won 200k on the gee-gees.

Although in hindsight, the Kosatka would have been the wiser thing to purchase first.

Malcy

Last time i played Online was on the 360 as all the shit that was added on next-gen over time really annoyed me and felt really un-GTA. Flying bikes and batmobiles and the like but I'll jumping back in on probably PS5 for the hope there will be Liberty City added on and decent content added rather than just crap.

Enjoyed seeing a clip of Dr Dre, jimmy Iovine & DJ Pooh in the recent update though.