Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:15:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What the fuck are you going to do? What's your plan?

Started by Barry Admin, May 08, 2020, 10:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

Quote from: weekender on May 11, 2020, 06:59:24 PM
Have you thought about not going on Universal Credit, and getting a job instead?
Is there a job where I can just swear on the Internet and maybe sometimes eat peanuts?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: canadagoose on May 11, 2020, 08:22:44 PM
Is there a job where I can just swear on the Internet and maybe sometimes eat peanuts?
Do you have a webcam and are you prepared to have many many controversial and politically incorrect opinions for money?

Small Man Big Horse

I could send you the link to my "Teaching The French English" company if you like. I mean I'm not supposed to swear as much as I do but I've just convinced them that the word Fuck means "Good Job".

Also, re: your post on the last page - I've been frustrated with people suggesting this in the past but when it comes to exercise for me at least it's making a huge difference to my sanity, I try and go for long walks twice a week (often to quiet-ish places, cemeteries seem quite good on that front right now) and it's helped enormously.

canadagoose

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 11, 2020, 09:05:08 PM
Do you have a webcam and are you prepared to have many many controversial and politically incorrect opinions for money?
I absolutely would if I could deal with the hatred, and if I had not much of a conscience. It's quite the grift.

SMBH, thank you, please do send it over. Might not be able to respond this evening but I'll see it! I can also speak French if that's any use.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: canadagoose on May 11, 2020, 09:30:24 PM
I absolutely would if I could deal with the hatred, and if I had not much of a conscience. It's quite the grift.

SMBH, thank you, please do send it over. Might not be able to respond this evening but I'll see it! I can also speak French if that's any use.

I've just sent you the link now. And I don't speak French at all but that's never been a problem, sometimes they do speak it but I just remind them that it's a fully immersive course and so I couldn't respond to them in French even if wanted too.

earl_sleek

SMBH, would you mind sending me the link to that too please?

Ray Travez

i am sorry i have filled that position

bgmnts

Quote from: weekender on May 11, 2020, 06:59:24 PM
Have you thought about not going on Universal Credit, and getting a job instead?

Reading this has changed my life.

mr. logic

At some point, I'm going to return to England.

How does this quarantine for arrivals work? Is it the same basic lockdown package- one hour exercise etc- or something stricter?

Abnormal Palm

You'll be able to leave the airport no questions asked, free to spend your afternoon in one of many spitting shops which have been set up.

Abnormal Palm

There are currently no restrictions for incoming arrivals in the United Kingdom.

It is May 12th 2020.

Bently Sheds

Quote from: Blinder Data on May 11, 2020, 10:14:39 AM
Detached house, baby! (If only...)

Basically I'm sick of hearing the party upstairs and whatever downstairs is watching on telly. Ideally I'll move into a house with deaf OAPs on either side of it and then I'll become the loud one.
I lived next door to a deaf lady. She had the telly on so loud you could hear Huw Edwards' nose hairs rustling as he read the news.

Mister Six

I've been bloody lucky with all this, being able to work from home since the start of March and for a company that looks pretty stable right now (the upper management have taken a 25% paycut and the employees in my tier have been asked to take three weeks' unpaid leave, but that's been about it, and it looks like we'll be solid at least until the next financial year).

I'm still feeling basically fine, although it's hard to tell whether my occasional bouts of dizziness and a tight chest are coronavirus, subconscious anxiety, or just not doing any exercise for two months.

However, I don't really see a time when I'll be able to relax and go back to tromping around New York as normal, at least not until a vaccine arrives. NYC has flattened the curve on cases and deaths, but most of the rest of the country is now speeding up due to fuckwits and psychopaths both in government and out, and so the fear that it could all kick off again is still there. And even if it doesn't, the risk of contracting Covid-19 is still going to be out there, isn't it, until I can be inoculated against it?

Mrs Six still has autumn as a possible "let's get the fuck out of the house" date in her head... I don't want to dissuade her of that hope right now, but I just can't see it myself.

Jittlebags

Still commuting to my shed for work. The dehumidifier and heater have new been augmented by a Honeywell turbo fan for when the weather heats up.

Itinery is invariably:
Unlock shed. Get coffee. Bit of work. Make toast. Bit of work. Boris approved walk. Bit of work. Cook lunch. Eat lunch. Bit of work. Get coffee + biscuits. Bit of work. Pop to allotment. Bit of work. Cook dinner. Eat dinner. Bit of work. Lock shed. Watch telly. Go to bed. Start again.

Quote from: Jittlebags on May 12, 2020, 10:53:05 PM
Still commuting to my shed for work. The dehumidifier and heater have new been augmented by a Honeywell turbo fan for when the weather heats up.

Itinery is invariably:
Unlock shed. Get coffee. Bit of work. Make toast. Bit of work. Boris approved walk. Bit of work. Cook lunch. Eat lunch. Bit of work. Get coffee + biscuits. Bit of work. Pop to allotment. Bit of work. Cook dinner. Eat dinner. Bit of work. Lock shed. Watch telly. Go to bed. Start again.

Look at Trevor Baylis here.

Danger Man

Quote from: Jittlebags on May 12, 2020, 10:53:05 PM

Itinery is invariably:
Unlock shed. Start wanking Get coffee. Bit of work. Make toast. Bit of work. Boris approved walk. Bit of work. Cook lunch. Eat lunch. Bit of work. Get coffee + biscuits. Bit of work. Pop to allotment. Bit of work. Cook dinner. Eat dinner. Bit of work. Lock shed. Watch telly. Go to bed. Start again.