Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:41:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

WimbleWrong 2020 - Round Three - Miles vs Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Started by Miles, May 08, 2020, 11:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Crabwalk

Poirots, I've loved all your shots this year. Have to opt for Miles though, predominantly for his serve.

Spoon of Ploff

stares into the distance, whistling a tuneful tune:

Spoiler alert
was close to voting for Poirot for the unnecessary provocations in that final shot. but Miles quality shots introduced the Clangers - which reminded me of my match with Cerys in 2018, and the use of Bagpuss - which reminded me of Cery's I.BAGPVSS from the same year.. one of the all time great WimbleWrong images.
[close]

Miles, by a saggy cloth cat whisker.

kittens

i don't get the soup one. i'm assuming i am missing some reference points. so at the moment i don't know who to go for. miles did better pshopping but i understand pbgc. at the moment my vote is i do not know but will give it more thought

Cerys

There's a character in The Clangers called the Soup Dragon.  She provides soup.  And is a dragon.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Thanks for mentioning that creature was a Clanger, btw, I had no idea just from looking. Googled every aspect of that shot and went through several ideas, most of which this forum of Tans wouldn't understand. I don't think anybody got the "Noel Edmonds as Joe Exotic, therefore Dame Edna as Carole Baskin" thing.

Cerys

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Crabwalk on May 12, 2020, 10:36:10 AM
Poirots, I've loved all your shots this year. Have to opt for Miles though, predominantly for his serve.

Ditto this, so Miles, but great work Poirots and I'm sure in the future you'll go on to be a Wimblewrong champion.

Wonderful Butternut

Lordofthefiles

Johnny Yesno

Poirot's Grande Corpse Garlique because I don't mind reading as well as looking, but I enjoyed every shot having just been watching Tiger King last week.

selectivememory

Miles is into the quarter-finals with a 16-7 victory.

Good game though Poirot, and thanks again for stepping in to play this round.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Great match Miles, fantastic choice of topic and excellent shots. No shame in losing to such quality. Free Poxbugs for all!

Miles

Good game Poirots BGC, cheers!
And thanks for the collectibles!